Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Blueray

What about Pirelli P7 Cinturato?

if want to compare to GY aysm3/5 or ps4 .

pirelli should be pzero model instead.

p7cint should be for comfort.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

What about Continental? Seems not many ppl using them eh. I wanted to go for Ps4s but ended up settling for Csc6 due to the price. Treadwear is darn bad though so not sure if the slight savings make up for it hahaha.

Haven't tried Goodyear but I heard they're pretty noisy after a while

Ya. Had csc5 before. Wear rate was pretty high. Side walls also a tad soft. Grip was decently good.

Michelin PS4 Has slightly more grip. Stiffer side walls but slightly noiser.

I guess you can’t have everything.

actually bridgestone potenza s007A is a good choice for ultra high performance tyres also.

the price drop ALOT compare to last time RE050A  that period.

• Praise 2

What about Continental? Seems not many ppl using them eh. I wanted to go for Ps4s but ended up settling for Csc6 due to the price. Treadwear is darn bad though so not sure if the slight savings make up for it hahaha.

Continenta threadwear dunno why has always been bad

last time i used csc5p.  go for one run to KL and back.  tyrs significantly thin after that

its price is close to michelin strangely so these days I pass contis bcos they dont last.

• Praise 1

Ya. Had csc5 before. Wear rate was pretty high. Side walls also a tad soft. Grip was decently good.

Michelin PS4 Has slightly more grip. Stiffer side walls but slightly noiser.

I guess you canât have everything.

i had 2 set of CSC5 before but never used PS4 (size not available for SUV).

Can see that Michelin PS4 has a lot of users, and it’s quite funny that the PS4 which is a models that’s launched in 2017 is compared with a lot of models that launched Long time ago.. sometime like comparing F1A5 to the Pilot Sport 3 or Pilot Sporr 2 even.

New models definitely better than old models in many ways

Fitted the new shoes.

Time to test it out.

K2NGJgQ.jpg

1idYFla.jpg

I envy you!

My F1A3 has only clocked 25k mileage.. another 25k mileage to go at least..

What about Pirelli P7 Cinturato?

Are you kidding me????????????????

That is a comfort tire meant to be fitted on eco friendly cars. Don't waste your time with that tire.

Hahaha are you one of those people who is so broke that a few hundred dollars in price of tires makes you wanna stay away from it? I tried to save 200 bucks by going for Goodyear instead of Michelin and I ended up spending way more on a set of Michelin after I ditched those shitty AS3s. Jokes aside, if you are the sort who is price sensitive like I was at one point, you are gonna make bad decisions like picking a cheaper tire with crappy performance. You won't know how to appreciate a good tire until you lose control of your car or get into an accident. Try not to save on tires.

Fitted the new shoes.

Time to test it out. 

K2NGJgQ.jpg

1idYFla.jpg

Hate to be an a**hole here but look at the sidewall. It is f**king rounded instead of flat like most performance tires. These tires are marginally better than the AS3 from tire tests, but I believe Michelin PS4 will still perform better than this. I shouldn't be surprised if you have very light steering and you don't feel very plated round corners. If you've been using crap eco tires before this, you might feel like this is a massive step up from them. The rounded sidewalls will make the car feel like shit around corners.

i had 2 set of CSC5 before but never used PS4 (size not available for SUV).

Can see that Michelin PS4 has a lot of users, and it’s quite funny that the PS4 which is a models that’s launched in 2017 is compared with a lot of models that launched Long time ago.. sometime like comparing F1A5 to the Pilot Sport 3 or Pilot Sporr 2 even.

New models definitely better than old models in many ways

I envy you!

Dude get your facts right. PS4 was launched in 2016. I got the first batch of PS4 in Oct 2016. Some companies like Goodyear need to launch new tires very frequently because they make crap tires and they have to do some upgrades to make it better. So for some companies, new may not always be better. 

• Dislike 1

That is a comfort tire meant to be fitted on eco friendly cars. Don't waste your time with that tire.

Hahaha are you one of those people who is so broke that a few hundred dollars in price of tires makes you wanna stay away from it? I tried to save 200 bucks by going for Goodyear instead of Michelin and I ended up spending way more on a set of Michelin after I ditched those shitty AS3s. Jokes aside, if you are the sort who is price sensitive like I was at one point, you are gonna make bad decisions like picking a cheaper tire with crappy performance. You won't know how to appreciate a good tire until you lose control of your car or get into an accident. Try not to save on tires.

Hate to be an a**hole here but look at the sidewall. It is f**king rounded instead of flat like most performance tires. These tires are marginally better than the AS3 from tire tests, but I believe Michelin PS4 will still perform better than this. I shouldn't be surprised if you have very light steering and you don't feel very plated round corners. If you've been using crap eco tires before this, you might feel like this is a massive step up from them. The rounded sidewalls will make the car feel like shit around corners.

Dude get your facts right. PS4 was launched in 2016. I got the first batch of PS4 in Oct 2016. Some companies like Goodyear need to launch new tires very frequently because they make crap tires and they have to do some upgrades to make it better. So for some companies, new may not always be better.

To be fair, not all drivers corner like you do in sunny SG.

Just because it doesn't have a flat sidewall doesn't mean it's performance is not good.

It's like just because I'm not ang mo doesn't mean my English cannot be good.

• Praise 10

Fitted the new shoes.

Time to test it out. 

K2NGJgQ.jpg

1idYFla.jpg

congrats, what size are these? mind sharing the price?

225/45/R17

I notice the A5 is made in Poland instead of Germany where the A3s were made in.

225/45/R17

I notice the A5 is made in Poland instead of Germany where the A3s were made in.

215.45.17 is make in germany .

(different size different country)

anw i check with my regular, currently only a few sizes is bring in.

they clearing old A3 stock. so it might be wise to stay away from A3 for the moment

• Praise 1

Hmm I went with the intention of getting the ps4s which was quoted at ard 100 bucks more per tyre on avg (staggered rear), and seeing the csc6 which was reviewed to have similar or greater performance than the pss, I didn't really see the point of paying more for a perceived slight performance increase offered by the latter.

Honestly I don't see the downside of csc6 other than the treadwear which I don't mind (means I can switch tyres faster) and the grip level is definitely more than adequate for my level of driving; I definitely don't view it as an inferior tyre purely based on the pricing.

If I was really looking to scrimp on tyres I would have gotten yokos but that's another thing altogether haha..

actually bridgestone potenza s007A is a good choice for ultra high performance tyres also.

the price drop ALOT compare to last time RE050A that period.

I'm really curious about the s007a given it's positioning as the flagship performance tyres of Bridgestone, but not many reviews yet, and the tread pattern looks kinda 'shallow'. Are you using these currently?

Hmm I went with the intention of getting the ps4s which was quoted at ard 100 bucks more per tyre on avg (staggered rear), and seeing the csc6 which was reviewed to have similar or greater performance than the pss, I didn't really see the point of paying more for a perceived slight performance increase offered by the latter.

Honestly I don't see the downside of csc6 other than the treadwear which I don't mind (means I can switch tyres faster) and the grip level is definitely more than adequate for my level of driving; I definitely don't view it as an inferior tyre purely based on the pricing.

If I was really looking to scrimp on tyres I would have gotten yokos but that's another thing altogether haha..

I'm really curious about the s007a given it's positioning as the flagship performance tyres of Bridgestone, but not many reviews yet, and the tread pattern looks kinda 'shallow'. Are you using these currently?

i used yoko v105, good tyre for its price. comparable with potenza s001 which cost $50-70 more for the same size

sorry for disgressing

Continenta threadwear dunno why has always been bad

last time i used csc5p. go for one run to KL and back. tyrs significantly thin after that

its price is close to michelin strangely so these days I pass contis bcos they dont last.

My thought is that contis tend to use softer compounds than the rest, and it appears so if I look at the current contact surface of the tread being more 'rough' compared to my previous tyres (Dunlop) which appears to be smoother.

Can't say about other brands as I do not have direct experience with them yet

I envy you!

I was using the A3 for about 30k but two of the tires suffered 3 patches (one have 2 patches) and was slowly leaking, anyway the A3 are about 2 year plus old.

Looking for replacement and this A5 come just in time for the change.

Had good driving feedback on the A3 over PS3, PS3 feel slightly better in the dry but loses in the wet than A3.

Now for some storms so that I can dance with the A5. Hahaha.

225/45/17, $140 per pc. LSTA.

Cheers.

Just because it doesn't have a flat sidewall doesn't mean it's performance is not good.

Can't praise you yet as i recently did.

Well, some just don't get it hor.

As ex-member of 299 club, i do know abit about performances. :D

Like these rounded side-wall crappy tyres maybe:

post-128138-0-95016200-1558928527_thumb.jpg

Car will flip instead of slide.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6