Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Blueray

32 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Call up other shops to look for a new F1A5. Just replace that one will do. Treat $75 as a lesson learnt. $75 is ridiculous for a tire at the wear mark! 

For my first car, I had something similar and the soh tyres at amk uncle sold me a used tyre also. So I didn't think too much about it. 

↡ Advertisement

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

my rear passenger tyre started flat on my school run last week. Continued on with school run and managed to drag the car to tyre track in yishun. 

They said tyre beyond repair. Inner sidewall crack due to running too long as flat. No new tyres available. So they gave me an old one. Charged me 75 dollars. 

I didn't really check the replacement Michelin tyre then. I assumed their old one is like still usable type. But actually it's reached the wear indicator already when I checked later. 

My other tyres are 11k in. So should be good for another 30k km. And my rear driver side the tyre is still good. So what should I do now? Replace with new f1a5 tyre? But can't rotate right? 

What would u do? 

that used tyre is probably old (in terms of time) as well as worn.

for reference, when i previously bought half used tyres for my full size spare (17 or 18 - i have had both) it was usually $40-60 including installation and balancing. But that's at a shop with many used tyres for sale. The thread still left 4-5mm.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I don't mind paying. After all I didn't want to get my hands dirty and grunting, trying to change a tyre that's why I drove to the tyre shop. 

I should have checked the tyre before I accepted the offer. 

Just that now I have a problem. I thought this tyre could stay for another 10-15k km before I swap. But better to settle it once and for all. 

does your car have a spare tyre? i understand it's not very common these days. If yes, could have asked the shop to put in the spare tyre while u source for a better solution. That's if a check was done on the used tyre that was offered. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

As I always mentioned. Having an experienced tire shop doesn’t mean they do things right. Experience is over rated in lots of alibaba workshops we have here. 

agreed. Sometimes it's experience in scamming customers.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, iamahbee said:

37k+ kilometres. It's about time to change.

20220515_102841.jpg

A6 supposed to be coming end-May/Jun.

Neutral Newbie

Hey guys, my rear tyre has a puncture and it's fixed by worm patching as the puncture location cannot do internal patching. So for tyre rotation i can only rotation rear with rear and front with front?

Also, may i check if i do tyre rotation, tyre balancing is also a must right? If yes, then may I ask on the standard/avg rate of tyre rotation+balancing?

Thank you.

Twincharged
35 minutes ago, Nousername said:

Hey guys, my rear tyre has a puncture and it's fixed by worm patching as the puncture location cannot do internal patching. So for tyre rotation i can only rotation rear with rear and front with front?

Also, may i check if i do tyre rotation, tyre balancing is also a must right? If yes, then may I ask on the standard/avg rate of tyre rotation+balancing?

Thank you.

Balancing is not really a must. I don’t see very much diff once the tire is mounted. Maybe the worm might affect a little. But  imho it is too tiny to affect. I never bother to balance. Just rotate. Been doing it for a few years. No vibration or any ill effects

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Nousername said:

Thank you.

if your car is front wheel drive.

my habit and recommendation is if my rear tyres is patch before, i will balance and rotate to the front. and use till the front tyre botah, i wont rotate it to the rear again..

the theory is sometime the patch wont last very long and will start to leak , so its wiser to put in front (for a fwd) to faster use up the repaired tyres.

• Praise 2

Twincharged
32 minutes ago, Nousername said:

thanks @Mkl22. so if my rear got patch, i can only switch the rear left to rear right, and not to the front. is that right?

depends if your tyre is asymmetric or directional. if directional you can only switch it to the front. if asymmetric then any location. but typically for FWD cars, the front wears much faster.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

So far I've tried CSC6, PS4 and F1 Assy 5

My personal take in terms of balance between grip, noise and comfort:

CSC6 & PS4 evenly matched - would buy again

F1s a bit behind esp in the noise dept - probably not buy again

• Praise 3

Twincharged
46 minutes ago, Soya said:

any feedback on the prices? i would think F1 is the cheapest.

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

any feedback on the prices? i would think F1 is the cheapest.

The adage 'you get what u pay for' rings true 

1 hour ago, Soya said:

I tink the CSC6 wears out much faster than the other 2...PS4 is also noisy like the F1...

Had the CSC4 and 5 before...best balance for comfort, noise, wet handling and braking...but wear too fast for my comfort 😅

• Praise 1

(edited)
44 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I tink the CSC6 wears out much faster than the other 2...PS4 is also noisy like the F1...

Had the CSC4 and 5 before...best balance for comfort, noise, wet handling and braking...but wear too fast for my comfort 😅

yes, CSC wear rate sibei jialat one ... i will pass ... been using Michelin PS2, PS3, PSS and now PS4 .... 

F1 tried once ... then kena sidewall crack and never try again liao ...

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

55 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

yes, CSC wear rate sibei jialat one ... i will pass ... been using Michelin PS2, PS3, PSS and now PS4 .... 

F1 tried once ... then kena sidewall crack and never try again liao ...

potenza wear rate might be even worst😅

↡ Advertisement