Teck Kee Pau closing 31Jan

RadX

Hopefully 南记 can sustain.

I dont think Teck Kee is unprofitable. More like have made enough, family move on to seek the true meaning in life.

There is also a hoe kee right ? 

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement

I am not sure if the outlet shophouses belong to them. If sold, will make multi million. How many baos must sell to earn that millions?

Wow !! 

They are pretty popular and business seems not bad.

While not exactly cheap, at least the taste is good. 

Wonder why suddenly close? 

Maybe not one form the family s taking over and they don't want to risk tarnishing their legacy by selling it.

• Praise 3

I dont think Teck Kee is unprofitable. More like have made enough, family move on to seek the true meaning in life.

There is also a hoe kee right ?

If that's the case, they woeieled sell the biz and not close it down.

If that's the case, they woeieled sell the biz and not close it down.

There's something called pride & integrity.

Some would rather close it down & let the good name carved in history.

• Praise 5

Now we have a lot of 小吃 everywhere. Unlike in the past which is limited to bao and egg tarts. Those even older ones like 老婆饼 almost went extinct. And ang ku kueh all these I'm not a fan even when I was a kid. We call it choking kuehs. Peranakan kuehs are still the best but potent dare not eat much. [laugh]

The baos here typically sit in the steamer for too long. I dont like them becos of this. At least this establishment see what is coming and end it early.

My bad, it’s not at kovan but at the old bus interchange area near NEX.

I know how to get there but unsure of the block number. It’s somewhere near the Giant supermarket but there are several coffee shops in that area. It’s the one with very weird layout whereby the drinks stall is not prominent unlike other usual coffee shops.

Oh, there’s a Singaporepool outlet near the coffeeshop.

What is the name of the pau ah? Not difficult to find since you have provide so many clues. Lol.

Teck Kee Tanglin Pau shuts shop earlier as buns sell out at heritage brand's outlets

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/food/fans-snap-up-buns-at-teck-kee-tanglin-paus-3-outlets-day-before-heritage-brand-shuts

Oh so this is the pau ah?

I dare say I ate this more than 95% of the peeps here as I worked at killney area for some time and ate it for breakfast daily. 

But I have no loyalty to the brand la - it's just a decent pau.

Teck Kee Tanglin Pau shuts shop earlier as buns sell out at heritage brand's outlets

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/food/fans-snap-up-buns-at-teck-kee-tanglin-paus-3-outlets-day-before-heritage-brand-shuts

I drove pass this morning while on my way home, saw ppl queuing even tho the shop was closed. They queue for nothing. 

Edited by Silver_blade

I drove pass this morning while on my way home, saw ppl queuing even tho the shop was closed. They queue for nothing. 

They never put up a signboard indicating no more pau liao?  [:p]

Err... marketing plot?

However, those who are lamenting the loss of the 71-year-old heritage brand may not have to despair, as a cryptic farewell to its fans posted on its Facebook page earlier on Wednesday suggests that it may not have said its final goodbye.

In the Facebook post on Wednesday, Teck Kee said: "Thank you for all your support for the past 71 years. Hope to serve everyone again soon."
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4