Progress Singapore Party by Tan Cheng Bock

Atrecord

Yes. The last PE should be a wake up call for many but really, so long as we all have a job and food on the table, we should be grateful, so says the wise man.

In case I am accused of being ungrateful, I really am appreciative of the old guards who gave us so much and took so little.

Why? Why until now, so many still think the current PAP is same as the first batch of PAP?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11

Nobody sane or intelligent enough would want to remove the white clouds in the sky that has provided much protection for the people- all blue sky without the clouds also not too good, nice to look at but...who knows for sure...take a gamble? How much risk to bear to place that sacred bet?

The ground is definitely not sweet this time round, I’d say worse than the one before last GE...

People not out to remove the clouds but want full accountability。(big full stop)

I have this to say to the clouds - don’t suka suka give us shower to feel shiok for a while then rain on us with the suffocating ‘one in fifty years’ kind of floods...and other excuses...Also, someone high risk taker...made bad investment...shouldn’t the person be made answerable to the people since it’s the people’s money in concern? Invest in stylo milo salt sprinkler for good returns? Seriously?

Want the people to back you up...? Come into the trenches and join the masses to feel heat...fight the fight alongside not high up on the horses and deal only with the tranches...

• Praise 5

The manipulation and changing of constitution for own party's advantage in political arena, is but a universal practise. It's a fact of life that life is never fair, and survival of the stronger prevails. Like in Malaysia , the then ruling BN party was really bad, and they were voted out by the majority . If Singapore government is really so bad, wouldn't they have been voted out long ago ? Or is it the majority of Singaporeans are stupid, given that they are the driving force behind our economic success, and are the ones facing the result of the good or bad governance ?

It's the olympic finals and I'm in the 4x100m race against Usain Bolt and others. I get my mafia buddies to whack and break the legs of each country's best runners the night before. My team wins because we are the best team. That is a fact.

But are we also the best team that could have been?

• Praise 6

Maybe you can explain to us why Singapore ministers are paid so much and there are so many of them, to manage one small little dot on the map?

Are they here to serve us with a decent salary to live a decent and comfortable life with their families, or are we here to serve them and keep paying tons of indirect taxes to feed their insatiable greed for more and more remuneration?

Who are the public servants in SG? Them or us citizens?

The manipulation and changing of constitution for own party's advantage in political arena, is but a universal practise. It's a fact of life that life is never fair, and survival of the stronger prevails. Like in Malaysia , the then ruling BN party was really bad, and they were voted out by the majority . If Singapore government is really so bad, wouldn't they have been voted out long ago ? Or is it the majority of Singaporeans are stupid, given that they are the driving force behind our economic success, and are the ones facing the result of the good or bad governance ?

Edited by Beehive3783
  • Praise 6

Maybe you can explain to us why Singapore ministers are paid so much and there are so many of them, to manage one small little dot on the map?

Are they here to serve us with a decent salary to live a decent and comfortable life with their families, or are we here to serve them and keep paying tons of indirect taxes to feed their insatiable greed for more and more remuneration?

Who are the public servants in SG? Them or us citizens?

Managing a country is a massive task and as it impacts millions of lives.  Therefore it is imperative that the most capable and credible helms the jobs.  Now, such talent are few, and they command very high renumeration in their industry.  If we are to pay the people who run the country lower than what they can get, how many will want to sacrifice their worth, for the sake of serving the people ?  They have personal aspiration like any others.  Say if you are earning $5mil yearly, will you want to serve and receive $500k ?  No, in the end you either get people who are less capable on the job, or people who wants the renumeration as it is more than what they are getting. 

Sure, for much lesser salary, many man on the street will volunteer, but are they the best man for the job ?  To get the best candidate, he has to be compensated fairly to attract them, not to mention having to sacrifice their privacy.  To say that public servants should serve out of the heart is idealistic.

True that Singapore is a small dot, but lets look at the past achievement and then judge how this million dollar salaried system has fared. Look at South Korea, another first world economy, their presidents were not paid as high, and Malaysia too.  Their leaders have plundered billions of dollars, isn't that worst ?  A billion is a thousand million and can pay a $2mil yearly salaried leader for 500 years.  Not to forget that corruption propagates down the system, morphing into a corruption culture like cancer.  Wouldn't a meritocracy system that pays market rate be better value in the long run ?  I rest my case.

Edited by Ingenius

So, you talk like PAP and unable to justify or explain my questions in detail.

Ok noted.. thanks for your explanation, or lack of it.

Managing a country is a massive task and as it impacts millions of lives.  Therefore it is imperative that the most capable and credible helms the jobs.  Now, such talent are few, and they command very high renumeration in their industry.  If we are to pay the people who run the country lower than what they can get, how many will want to sacrifice their worth, for the sake of serving the people ?  They have personal aspiration like any others.  Say if you are earning $5mil yearly, will you want to serve and receive $500k ?  No, in the end you either get people who are less capable on the job, or people who wants the renumeration as it is more than what they are getting. 

Sure, for much lesser salary, many man on the street will volunteer, but are they the best man for the job ?  To get the best candidate, he has to be compensated fairly to attract them, not to mention having to sacrifice their privacy.  To say that public servants should serve out of the heart is idealistic.

True that Singapore is a small dot, but lets look at the past achievement and then judge how this million dollar salaried system has fared. Look at South Korea, another first world economy, their presidents were not paid as high, and Malaysia too.  Their leaders have plundered billions of dollars, isn't that worst ?  A billion is a thousand million and can pay a $2mil yearly salaried leader for 500 years.  Not to forget that corruption propagates down the system, morphing into a corruption culture like cancer.  Wouldn't a meritocracy system that pays market rate be better value in the long run ?  I rest my case.

• Praise 2

Ok noted.. thanks for your explanation, or lack of it.

You asked why are they paid millions, and I explained the merits of paying the market worth.  You asked why are there so many ministers to run a small country, i explained that the number of ministers should be judged by the achievement of the country, to know whether the number is too high or not. 

In the end, all of us wants a better lives, it is just a matter of different perspective.  I shall rest my case.

Allow me to explain in two words.

Greed, power.

• Praise 4

It's the olympic finals and I'm in the 4x100m race against Usain Bolt and others. I get my mafia buddies to whack and break the legs of each country's best runners the night before. My team wins because we are the best team. That is a fact.

But are we also the best team that could have been?

this sounds like Borat ... [laugh]

Note to self. I came from a family of gamblers. Grandpa always bet on white horse. Dad hoots the same. Money kept doubling, lives improve by leaps and bounds.

Me initially too until I looks closer. Eh, different white horse now, the lane it races on very well maintained and machiam got travellator. Other lanes damn narrow, full of potholes, knuckledusters, bear traps and what have you. No wonder white horse always first.

Now, the payouts has reduced to drips. So, I just want to see if those obstacles were removed, would I get a better payouts by placing my money on the non pedigree ones.

It's time to hedge my bets. Tiagong some more got a senior white pedigree horse signing up for the race. How exciting.

• Praise 8

Yup. The best.

"You only need a small space to have sex"

"Sorry also must explain"

"Lets not cultivate blame culture"

"Its a honest mistake.Lets move on"

"my siblings want to tear down my father's house. parliament discussion this"

• Praise 8

Are Mah Bow Tan and Raymond Lim and Wong Kang Seng consider talents in your opinion?

• Praise 2

Are Mah Bow Tan and Raymond Lim and Wong Kang Seng consider talents in your opinion?

Frankly, I don't know.

Yup. The best.

You are quoting out of context. If this is the way to degrade a party, then the argument is already a loss.

Edited by Ingenius

You asked why are they paid millions, and I explained the merits of paying the market worth.  You asked why are there so many ministers to run a small country, i explained that the number of ministers should be judged by the achievement of the country, to know whether the number is too high or not. 

In the end, all of us wants a better lives, it is just a matter of different perspective.  I shall rest my case.

I am not sure where the numbers came from when we decides on so many Ministers and MP. Land size, population or GDP. How do we match against others? 

The key point of your argument is about justification of their pay due to their ability to bring in $ for the country. So they are not there to serve? Then please don't rally along this theme. Tell people how much you can make for the country and set KPI. 

I feel so sorry for the 1st batch of MPs. They are so useless and now need these high paying ministers to bring us to today. 

• Praise 3

Yes man. Yes man. Yes man.

AFA pappy is concerned, Yes.

Yup. The best.

Ah Lian :Test balloon? 

Ah Fool: Apologise!

Ah Hong: Apologise!

Ah Heng: Apologies!

Ah Neh...:apologies!

Balloon tested and flown away liao...

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1

Based on your logic, so long as you have a job and food on the table, you are grateful and ok to condone such practice and allow the system to be corrupted? How is it going to end? Legal does not mean it is right, slavery was once acceptable and legal.

To some, it is beyond economic, we need to built a system that can outlast any party. I won't place all my bets on PAP's small number of electorate choosing winners again and again. While i acknowledge the PAP remains largely competent today, i feel we are going down a slippery slope.

So stopping calling people who support alternative party stupid and ungrateful please.

• Praise 12

How can you do not know? You advocate top dollar for Ministers right?

When probed further, you said you do not know?

Frankly, I don't know.

You are quoting out of context. If this is the way to degrade a party, then the argument is already a loss.

↡ Advertisement