Progress Singapore Party by Tan Cheng Bock

Atrecord

Frankly, I don't know.

You are quoting out of context. If this is the way to degrade a party, then the argument is already a loss.

Im no lawyer, but those words were uttered by the so-called best talents around to lead the country, who represent the party They represent the party to opening ceremonies, to election rallies, and wherever a face of the party is required. If that is not a quote of the party, pray tell what is? Sure as hell they are not representing the Workers' Party.

↡ Advertisement

He will tell you i din know.

Im no lawyer, but those words were uttered by the so-called best talents around to lead the country, who represent the party They represent the party to opening ceremonies, to election rallies, and wherever a face of the party is required. If that is not a quote of the party, pray tell what is? Sure as hell they are not representing the Workers' Party.

Turbocharged

Managing a country is a massive task and as it impacts millions of lives. Therefore it is imperative that the most capable and credible helms the jobs. Now, such talent are few, and they command very high renumeration in their industry. If we are to pay the people who run the country lower than what they can get, how many will want to sacrifice their worth, for the sake of serving the people ? They have personal aspiration like any others. Say if you are earning $5mil yearly, will you want to serve and receive $500k ? No, in the end you either get people who are less capable on the job, or people who wants the renumeration as it is more than what they are getting.

Sure, for much lesser salary, many man on the street will volunteer, but are they the best man for the job ? To get the best candidate, he has to be compensated fairly to attract them, not to mention having to sacrifice their privacy. To say that public servants should serve out of the heart is idealistic.

True that Singapore is a small dot, but lets look at the past achievement and then judge how this million dollar salaried system has fared. Look at South Korea, another first world economy, their presidents were not paid as high, and Malaysia too. Their leaders have plundered billions of dollars, isn't that worst ? A billion is a thousand million and can pay a $2mil yearly salaried leader for 500 years. Not to forget that corruption propagates down the system, morphing into a corruption culture like cancer. Wouldn't a meritocracy system that pays market rate be better value in the long run ? I rest my case.

So u imply that we can only lure "good" and "capable" people by offering high renumeration since nobody is will to sacrifice for the country? If that's the intent, the person has no heart to serve in public service to begin with. And wat is fairly? Benchmarked 400% above other top leaders around the world???
  • Praise 6

People become bankrupt is governments fault ? The government can create a sound environment for the people to have opportunities to succeed, but whether one makes it or not, is dependant on oneself. How can it be the fault of the government if some people gets bankrupted ? I can quote you more cases of success than bankruptcy cases.

In Hong Kong, a small flat is going for several millions, and houses are as small as a car park lot. How about Singapore, are we not much better off in this sense ?

"Now tell me - how many times have our million dollar MiniStars got away with next to no real accountability for very public errors with massive impact?"

Appreciate if u could reply or support ur stand to the above qn directly posed to u earlier?

• Praise 6

Frankly, I don't know.

You are quoting out of context. If this is the way to degrade a party, then the argument is already a loss.

Lets speak with feet firmly to the ground & not avoid or shrugged it off casually. The discussion didnt started off this casual anyway.

The good had been reiterated, amplified over & over again like a broken record. To value-add ur stand, can u discuss pt-to-pt on those laid out & mentioned? Especially those unaccountability issues? But pls dun start explaining the shortcomings of others 1st to shrug off one's mishandling issues on-hand. Lets discuss these squarely fact-to-fact ok? I sure the many here hv posed very relevant on-ground issues.

Those are not casual past statements. For ie, "no need lotsa space to reproduce". These are statements that can contribute to population growth. Population growth also not linked directly to space tat simple.

So start off to us about the ground issues. Ground issues does lead to huge success. Ground issues should never be turned away blindly. And one would gain lotsa respect when ground issues can be resolved or with a convincing explanation.

People like you will never be able to come up with creditable answers. 

Thanks to all amicable discussions, I am schooling now and playing mahjong tonight , so can only reply tomorrow.

People like you will never be able to come up with creditable answers.

Ok, if the discussion has to come to this, then I am out of here. Why take it so personal ? We are actually on the same side of wanting a better lives for our loved ones, and agree to disagree. I had met you at meet before and it was amicable. Anyway, I will leave it at that. Edited by Ingenius

Ok, if the discussion has to come to this, then I am out of here. Why take it so personal ? I had met you at meet before and it was amicable. Anyway, I will leave it at that.

Ok. Then we wait for your reply lor. By the way,you never say hi to me when we met? Edited by RogerNg_185295

Ok, if the discussion has to come to this, then I am out of here. Why take it so personal ? We are actually on the same side of wanting a better lives for our loved ones, and agree to disagree. I had met you at meet before and it was amicable. Anyway, I will leave it at that.

Please don’t take it too hard. You’ve made your perspective known as individual as much as others have made theirs. I have relatives from different camps debate, argue even quarrel...come meal time all sit down to eat amicably.

I’m sure most if not all of us are grateful to what’s been done for us...we are just passionate about our homeland that’s why we raise questions to try prevent it from slipping further...

Whichever party rules our country, our hearts will still pump red and white cells just like the colours on our national flag.

• Praise 1

Ok. Then we wait for your reply lor. By the way,you never say hi to me when we met?

We did, such as at the Thomson prata meet, and we got along well. I do respect you for the actual person I met.

Sorry Hor....You got the wrong person. I did not go for Prata meet

We did, such as at the Thomson prata meet, and we got along well. I do respect you for the actual person I met.

So u imply that we can only lure "good" and "capable" people by offering high renumeration since nobody is will to sacrifice for the country? If that's the intent, the person has no heart to serve in public service to begin with. And wat is fairly? Benchmarked 400% above other top leaders around the world???

Dbs ceo earn $10M ? ... isnt it better if they go apply job in banks.
  • Praise 3

Some people cannot differentiate what is real and what is makeUp craps. They just loved to live in the dream , in a perfect world of their own .

• Praise 5

i believe 100% that the PAP is honest when they said they were having difficulties attracting the people they want, and many who turned them down had raise pay as an issue or an excuse. 

but this outcome is simply the logical consequence of the system they had created, which makes politics so exclusive, so painful for the dissenting, and which depends on leaders being chosen by the few kingmakers, rather than rising organically from below. The whole idea that you have to go out there and invite people to lead politically is an anomaly, and this anomaly is created by the very people who lament about good people being hard to come by. 

• Praise 3

but this outcome is simply the logical consequence of the system they had created, which makes politics so exclusive, so painful for the dissenting, and which depends on leaders being chosen by the few kingmakers, rather than rising organically from below. The whole idea that you have to go out there and invite people to lead politically is an anomaly, and this anomaly is created by the very people who lament about good people being hard to come by. 

It is not painful if you are talking sense and being factual. Our short memories remember JBJ and Chee, but they were making false accusations and telling lies. PAP never drag citizens out from their homes at midnight, torture them, jail them, sue them if they have the facts. Besides, look at the nonsense being written in this forum. Documented for the world to read. The curses, vulgarity and name calling and mis-information fakenews shared by the anti-pap gang. No freedom of expression or viewpoints? Think again.

The real issue is that few talented, committed citizens willing to endure the ungrateful masses. Add the small population and pareto's principle, and the talent pool is really small.

Are you willing to work for the poor, and yet receive curses and accusations like those slung about by some chaps in this forum? Are you willing to endure the scrutiny of social media keyboard warriors? Those with a bone to pick and unreasonable entitled demands?

To be minister material need track record of academic plus work performance plus moral character under scrutiny. For most of us, we cannot even get to work on time or turn in projects to excellence standards, so no need to bad mouth the ministers.

You point finger, your three other fingers pointing at yourself.

Let's hear from the anti-pap complainers about their sacrifices and achievements. Being different is easy. Being better is very difficult, according to Apple Chief Designer.

• Dislike 1

Sorry Hor....You got the wrong person. I did not go for Prata meet

A big fat dislike here for the totally unnecessary unconstructive post. U r most welcome for constructive discussion here or else bring ur nonsense elsewhere.

Lurking around waiting to pounce on every opprtunities to stir shit or discord on every thread as if ntuc vouchers are awarded based on such accumulating posts reflects very much of ur character.

• Praise 4
  • Dislike 1

It is not painful if you are talking sense and being factual. Our short memories remember JBJ and Chee, but they were making false accusations and telling lies. PAP never drag citizens out from their homes at midnight, torture them, jail them, sue them if they have the facts. Besides, look at the nonsense being written in this forum. Documented for the world to read. The curses, vulgarity and name calling and mis-information fakenews shared by the anti-pap gang. No freedom of expression or viewpoints? Think again.

The real issue is that few talented, committed citizens willing to endure the ungrateful masses. Add the small population and pareto's principle, and the talent pool is really small.

Are you willing to work for the poor, and yet receive curses and accusations like those slung about by some chaps in this forum? Are you willing to endure the scrutiny of social media keyboard warriors? Those with a bone to pick and unreasonable entitled demands?

To be minister material need track record of academic plus work performance plus moral character under scrutiny. For most of us, we cannot even get to work on time or turn in projects to excellence standards, so no need to bad mouth the ministers.

You point finger, your three other fingers pointing at yourself.

Let's hear from the anti-pap complainers about their sacrifices and achievements. Being different is easy. Being better is very difficult, according to Apple Chief Designer.

The conmplainers here didnt hv to sacrifice nor achieve anything. They merely want convincing accountability for issues & matters relating to ground issues, decisions & policies. The same goes for oppo as well.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1