Progress Singapore Party by Tan Cheng Bock

Atrecord

Good that u r enaging in these dialogues..

1. Mas selemat. Whats your defination of being recaptured quickly?

Who recaptured him?

2. Mrt jobs. 90percent of the time. Lowest bidders get the project.

2016/17 was the worse yrs for mrt. Recently improved. Kudos to that. Lets see how mrt can compete on reliability still against the very best in the world.

3. Flood.

Dun talk cock. Ponding still happens. Some will say flooding.. once again it takes shit to happen that govt then start to take action.

4. Saf safety.

Again blame only juniors.

If i opertate my biz like saf. Only blaming my workers and never account the mistakes on my juniors, i lose respect in my industry. I lose respect to my clients.

Which is what saf is doing.

If you are a rational working adult, why do you refuse to see that the ministers did take ownership of the issues and took action to fix the problems?

For Mas Selamat, his recapture in cooperation with Johore Police, even led to discovery of his operations base.

For orchard rd flooding, you don't remember the fines to the construction companies which caused the drain blockages? Don't remember the new larger canals built?

For SAF accidents, those Generals never ignore the injuries and there was immediate first aid. Can you show how it was willful malicious intent on the part of the senior officers?

As a business owner, you are not some uneducated citizen, so why refuse to be rational and clear minded about the facts and actions?

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

Your thinking is exactly what is wrong with top management in the country.

You mistook the purpose of the opposition. It is to keep the incumbent on their toes and not sweep issues under the carpet.

If you think ownself do, ownself check, ownself praise is the way forward, then good for you. Because that inculcates  complacency, backward, never at fault mentality. Especially the last point since they are never taken to task and can do whatever they want with shoddy justifications.

This is my last post to you. If you can't see this leading to problems in the future, well, there's nothing to say to you anymore.

If we are all rational working adult citizens discussing with facts and accepting other's viewpoints and opinions, why do you reject mine?

If you are clamouring for "accountability", why not rationally examine those issues which you feel strongly about and look at it from Ownership and Action Taken stand points? Don't just blindly follow the anti-establishment anti-authority group.

Examine the complaints of the loudest voices. Ask them about their backgrounds. What is their self-interest?

You can't possibly believe that chaps here who discuss about changing to new luxury conti cars, holidays, new properties, high wage jobs, can in the same breath insist that govt "incompetence" is screwing up their lives and lifestyle? Does not square, right?

Someone is not being forthright and honest with their situation in work and life in singapore.

• Dislike 3

all this 55 65, 67 pay out age is to me not the real sin concerning the CPF. 

the real sin was the much earlier policy of allowing CPF money to buy property, and then inflating property prices through "asset reflation" (this was LHL's term).  in one admittedly brilliant move, from the govt owing the people money, it became the people owe the govt money. that was the day the CPF money was taken from the people, not all these pay out age. 

asking people to then fund retirement and old age medical through a illiquid real asset is of course a stupid idea and GE2011  was when the people completely rejected that idea.  In fact GE2011 was a fine moment in SG history when the people truly spoke and told the govt of the day to wake up its idea. 

and frankly i think they got the message, and you see it in GE2015, but it seems they are regressing again, so i think GE2019/2020 need to give the driver another slap.  i hope the original slapper can still qualify to run after the AHPETC lawsuit. 

Another reason why checks are needed.. not just bunch of fed man whose financial and social standing depends on being rubber stamps.

Dear CPF Board,

You are the appointed agency to manage my retirement fund, which comes from my monthly contribution from the day I started working. I had no options to self manage my fund, or to appoint better fund manager. In short, I was forced to work with you. Nonetheless, I thank you for the hard work all these years to provide me an impressive 2.5% interest on my contribution. I ought to be grateful that my MONEY IS STILL THERE. If not, tell me about it. Don't keep deferring the payouts. That is a bad habit you have acquired over the years and I am highlighting it today as feedback.

When we first began, we agreed for a complete withdrawal when I get to 55 years old. That would be more than 3 decades from my first contribution. It was an absolute peach sweet and juicy to you. Even the worst local bank would offer me more than 2.5% for a crappy structural deposit on a 10 year term, capital guaranteed. If I use them, I would be able to do an early withdrawal of my funds before maturity, albeit with a penalty charge. You could certainly do better than 2.5% for a complete lock in for no withdrawal option for 3 decades. Never mind about the yield. We are friends and it hurts our relationship if we get too calculative. That is why it is unacceptable for you to charge me an interest for any loan I take from my OWN money. We should give and take but unfortunately, you are the only one enjoy the taking till now.

Things turned a nasty corner when you begin to think it is rightful for you to dictate my retirement age and how to live my life. What make you think you can manage better and are you? We agreed on a complete withdrawal at 55 years old at the beginning of our contract. You revised it, because you told me you cared for me. So you suggested 60, then 63 and you urged me to stretch my non-withdrawal to 65 years old, by giving me a bonus of $1,200 for a 2 year extension. that would amount to a total of more than 40 years of keeping my money with you. Oh, is that how things work around here? I would have offered you $12,000, to withdraw my money 20 years earlier. I would if I could, if you HAVE THE MONEY to return me in the first place;
And eventually, it became 65 unknowingly, now again, you cunningly postphoned it to 70 and do whatever mean to stretch it to 93.
I'm must apologise for my lack of faith in you but that has been lost ever since you told me I would not be withdrawing my retirement fund at whatever age you decided, and THE GOAL POST IS STILL SHIFTING as we speak. Instead you told me I will receive only payouts like an unemployed working receiving handouts from Centrelink in Australia. The key difference is, the Australian Government pays the unemployed from tax receivables and the money I left with you, come from my pocket. Despite that, you think you have the right to hold a bulk of my money in which you called Minimum Sum, and even tell me I will receive no payouts if I fail to accumulate enough money beyond the Minimum Sum. The problem here is that the Minimum Sum keep increasing and may I ask who is responsible for the increasing in the Minimum Sum? Cost of living? And who is responsible for the increase cost of living? You just simply made me responsible for your mistakes again and again till l no longer make it and more and more people cannot keep up with it. Thus, I cannot help but wonder if the Minimum Sum is created to keep me alive or to keep you afloat.

Over the last 20 years, you have dropped too many hints to suggest things are not the way you thought to be, so when can you get it right then? I do not want to interfere with your affairs but do not make me pay for your mistakes again and again. I entrusted my money in you because I was not given a choice. It is more than a privilege for you, an entitlement in fact. Do not abuse it. This is not a warning, just a simple advice from a CPF member. Perhaps you should consider changing the three keys inside the logo to three locks since you like to change so much. You have it all locked rather then I having a key to open anyway. If it goes on like that, I can't imagine what will be the changes when I reach 64?

"
Sincerely yours.
A 54 years old veteran chasing after his life long retirement fund.

• Praise 3

I don't know about oppos real life performance because they have yet to be truly tested given how the incumbent is spending much effort and public resources to keep " fixing" them, even more so when they are elected. 

BUT

What I can be sure is, that, I can see and feel for myself, the effect of the last 2 decades of  leadership  decline, self gratification and non-accountability of the incumbents. 

WP's performance or lack of clear to see lah. How many years it's been since their high point in 2011?

You say "fixing" but isn't it a case of double standards among Oppo supporters? Just because they protest against pap does not make them any more moral or perform better.

If we want to discuss like rational, educated working adults, let's not avoid the facts, the outcomes and reality of human nature.

You talk of decline, allege graft and no Ownership nor Actions by ministers. So all this must lead to a hopeless singapore. Yet the loudest complainers here can talk about changing to new luxury cars, new homes, holidays, good jobs good lifestyles in the same breadth.

There seems to be a lack of honesty and forthrightness among Oppo supporters, in my view.

WP's performance or lack of clear to see lah. How many years it's been since their high point in 2011?

You say "fixing" but isn't it a case of double standards among Oppo supporters? Just because they protest against pap does not make them any more moral or perform better.

If we want to discuss like rational, educated working adults, let's not avoid the facts, the outcomes and reality of human nature.

You talk of decline, allege graft and no Ownership nor Actions by ministers. So all this must lead to a hopeless singapore. Yet the loudest complainers here can talk about changing to new luxury cars, new homes, holidays, good jobs good lifestyles in the same breadth.

There seems to be a lack of honesty and forthrightness among Oppo supporters, in my view.

there are those who succeed in spite of, not because of, the govt's policies. 

credit to the guy who wrote.. he is quite active 

is his arguments valid?

...Do you realize that by opening up Singapore economic borders unchecked, Singapore's actually training up our regional countries workforce to compete directly with Singapore one day? 

Singapore in a bad economy cannot re-build quickly because it is stucked with citizens with SkillsFuture skills that MNCs least require and hence Singapore and Singaporeans are losing the regional economic race, much less the global competition.

I wonder if the writer of this article is top performer in his job or industry? The fears he write about center on FTs and foreign workers leading one to believe he is unprepared for competition.

Any worker who makes the effort to turn his talents into relevant work skills need not fear.

The question is how many will admit to themselves that they are making efforts to become excellent. It is very hard work.

That farker damn funny, machiam ask him his name, he will reply with wat his father n mother eat that will give birth to good children :D

I also give up on replying him, waste time. I think he failed his IB kpi :D

Never avoid telling you the facts. It is complainers who are evading being honest about their experience and actions.

I already worked 3 decades for MNCs and a couple of local companies. Avoided working in civil service so far. Citizen who served NS and have bought and sold HDB resale before. Soon will be looking forward to first round of CPF lump sum withdrawal.

What's your background? If you have nothing to hide you will be honest.

Sorry I didn't really get what you are trying to say here. Although i am not one of 70% that voted this government, they came 8nto power claiming and promising many things. I do have my right to question and i don't think i need to give solution. Of course i couldn't change them but surely i am entitlement to critize.

You want to criticise, you also have to accept what are facts and not selectively ignore the facts. That is what I am saying to the loudest complainers here.

You also have to be critical about those in the complainers gang too. Do you notice that the loudest complainers are rather evasive about their backgrounds? What is their self-interest in being anti-pap? What happened in their past to turn them into haters?

For me, to the Presidential election is totally unacceptable.

Indian muslim and suddenly be Malay.

Race is race, religion is religion.

No IB can explain that.

• Praise 6

Another reason why checks are needed.. not just bunch of fed man whose financial and social standing depends on being rubber stamps.

Dear CPF Board,

You are the appointed agency to manage my retirement fund, which comes from my monthly contribution from the day I started working. I had no options to self manage my fund, or to appoint better fund manager. In short, I was forced to work with you. Nonetheless, I thank you for the hard work all these years to provide me an impressive 2.5% interest on my contribution. I ought to be grateful that my MONEY IS STILL THERE. If not, tell me about it. Don't keep deferring the payouts. That is a bad habit you have acquired over the years and I am highlighting it today as feedback.

When we first began, we agreed for a complete withdrawal when I get to 55 years old. ...

Sincerely yours.

A 54 years old veteran chasing after his life long retirement fund.

The writer is misinformed. There are three levels of minimum sum to choose from. Basic is only 88k if one has a home to pledge.

I also wonder why he has no other forms of savings.

Anyway, this is meant for the CPF complaints thread.

Minister salary, I think it should be benchmark to a basket of the world's leaders pay, vs gdp.

Not suka suka benchmark to the highest private sector CEO pay.

If you want CEO pay, you should not be in the gahmen.

Your motive is wrong.

Hahaha, you heard of the US senators who earn 150k a year, but 2.2 million in expense claims?

Did you also hear about the WP's recommendations for minister pay after the 2011 independant study? The WP suggested amount was higher than the committee's suggested amount. What a joke.

Then they went back to quietly taking the higher MP pay despite all their ranting about politician pay being too high.

the real sin was the much earlier policy of allowing CPF money to buy property, and then inflating property prices through "asset reflation" (this was LHL's term).  in one admittedly brilliant move, from the govt owing the people money, it became the people owe the govt money. that was the day the CPF money was taken from the people, not all these pay out age. 

And one would think that the brilliant WP Oppos would have suggested a better idea by now if they could. What would you say if Oppos suggested full withdrawal at 55 but lower interest and higher taxes to younger workers to account for all the old age welfare cases?

Let's see what TCB's team come up with. What if they choose not to touch CPF and say that it already offers best balance of options and income for life? Will you accept his plan or insist that your opinion is right?

You don't think 2015 was a rejection of the empty promises of the Oppos?

there are those who succeed in spite of, not because of, the govt's policies. 

Do you know any? Even Schooling had help from parents in stable housing and job economy, because of pap policies.

How successful are you? Are you top in your job and industry? Or are you blaming govt policies for preventing you from achieving your full potential?

Turbocharged

Never avoid telling you the facts. It is complainers who are evading being honest about their experience and actions.

I already worked 3 decades for MNCs and a couple of local companies. Avoided working in civil service so far. Citizen who served NS and have bought and sold HDB resale before. Soon will be looking forward to first round of CPF lump sum withdrawal.

What's your background? If you have nothing to hide you will be honest.

Err IIrC u say u loan shark lending money to ppl who shud have use cash to buy car.. no? Wa now MNC staff pulak.. 3 MNC pulak.. which MNC lends $$$.. actually my point is.. steady la bro.. don’t call names la.. be Rational la be honest la .. btw any chance you working at a local Golf club?

For me, to the Presidential election is totally unacceptable.

Indian muslim and suddenly be Malay.

Race is race, religion is religion.

No IB can explain that.

To me, it was a good move given the religious extremism faced by small singapore. To show that we can honour and respect a muslim woman in a leadership role is smart to gain soft power.

If you are a big mouth complaining chinese citizen, you just better stop now. You really show a lack of understanding and sensitivity to the issues singapore faces.

• Dislike 1

Err IIrC u say u loan shark lending money to ppl who shud have use cash to buy car.. no? Wa now MNC staff pulak.. 3 MNC pulak.. which MNC lends $$$.. actually my point is.. steady la bro.. don’t call names la.. be Rational la be honest la .. btw any chance you working at a local Golf club?

No lah, wrong joe. I take car loans for some cars and pay full for others. I lousy at golf and am working in financial trading.

the real sin was the much earlier policy of allowing CPF money to buy property, and then inflating property prices through "asset reflation" (this was LHL's term). in one admittedly brilliant move, from the govt owing the people money, it became the people owe the govt money. that was the day the CPF money was taken from the people, not all these pay out age.

asking people to then fund retirement and old age medical through a illiquid real asset is of course a stupid idea and GE2011 was when the people completely rejected that idea. In fact GE2011 was a fine moment in SG history when the people truly spoke and told the govt of the day to wake up its idea.

and frankly i think they got the message, and you see it in GE2015, but it seems they are regressing again, so i think GE2019/2020 need to give the driver another slap. i hope the original slapper can still qualify to run after the AHPETC lawsuit.

I am pessimistic.

Look at the recent events.

The presidency is no check at all.

The current opposition is placed to be destroyed due to the lawsuit.

The AGC will go hard on any dissenters.

Clampdown on internet and "fakenews" is just starting.

The chessboard is so ready.. and it's a frightening future.

Wrt cpf..

Yup.. the hdb ponzi is back. And it's a complete betrayal of citizens.

Also.. as what Roy said, if cpf gave better returns like other similar funds , people won't be in such deep shit. But the whole money trail is so sensitive Roy got fixed and character assassinated.

Turbocharged

No lah, wrong joe. I take car loans for some cars and pay full for others. I lousy at golf and am working in financial trading.

Don’t lie . Be honest CSCBB
  • Praise 4