Progress Singapore Party by Tan Cheng Bock

Atrecord

9 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Meanwhile, Manpower Ministry released the Labour Market Report Advance Release for Q3 last month, showing that even though growth of total employment was higher, the number of retrenchments rose over the quarter with unemployment rates inching up. The overall unemployment rate increased over the quarter, from 2.2 to 2.3%. For Singaporeans, the unemployment rate was higher rising from 3.2 to 3.3%.

Manpower Minister Josephine Teo said, “This suggests that mismatches are widening. It could be jobseekers not having the skills to access available jobs, or jobs being insufficiently attractive.”

This Minister is a joke. Tell us something that we don't know. Paying her millions but that's all she can come up with?

If she’s working in a private company, I bet that she will be shitting bricks with this kind of performance.. BTH.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Tan Cheng Bock leads party's first door-to-door visits in West Coast; declines to confirm if PSP will contest in area

kc-tcb1201.jpg?itok=R44K5LA1&timestamp=1

SINGAPORE - Dr Tan Cheng Bock led over 200 members and volunteers for his party's first door-to-door home visits in West Coast GRC on Sunday morning (Jan 12).

When asked if this was a signal that the Progress Singapore Party (PSP) intended to contest the area at the upcoming polls, he did not give a direct answer.

Dr Tan told The Straits Times: "The reception has been warm. Tell them: I'm coming home."

Barring major changes to electoral boundaries, PSP is widely expected to contest in West Coast at the next general election, as the constituency includes the area formerly under single-seat Ayer Rajah. Dr Tan had served as the People's Action Party (PAP) MP for six terms until it was absorbed into West Coast GRC in 2006.

Sunday's home visits were the party's first major grassroots event of the year, involving 22 teams covering about 50 blocks in the GRC's Teban Gardens and Pandan Loop areas.

The PSP was last seen in West Coast in December last year, at a much smaller walkabout at West Coast Market with around 40 members.

When asked about the choice of the PAP stronghold for his party's first home visits, he said: "We have a plan, so now we have decided to come here. The places we go and the things we do; these are all very calibrated and well-calculated."

Dr Tan's "home ground" advantage seemed apparent when several residents greeted him with familiarity as he walked through the food centre at Block 37A Teban Gardens Road.

Madam Diana Salleh, 38, said she received an Edusave award as a Secondary 4 student in 1996 from Dr Tan when he was MP.

"I remember him from all those years back, so I was eager to see him today," said Madam Diana, who has lived at the nearby Block 44 for 35 years.

Mr Chan Ewe Chong, who works in the security sector, also recalled Dr Tan's friendly and personable manner from over three decades back. But he added that Ms Foo Mee Har, the GRC's current MP overseeing Ayer Rajah ward, has also been working hard.

"Frankly, she has been doing quite a lot of good for residents around here. It will be a tough fight!," said the 65-year-old father of three.

During his walk, Dr Tan bumped into Ms Foo and the two exchanged greetings and shook hands.

Ms Foo, now in her 10th year as the area's MP, told The Straits Times that she was on her usual Sunday routine - having breakfast and chatting with the residents.

On what she thought of a possible PSP contest in West Coast, Ms Foo said that her team has a good relationship with the residents and will continue to their best.

"At the end of day, the residents are in the best position to judge who can most ably serve their interests and take care of their day to day needs. Our work at Ayer Rajah continues," she said.

Dr Tan congratulated the PAP team for "doing a lot of good work" in West Coast.

He was also asked for his views on the alliance between four opposition parties - Singaporeans First party, Democratic Progressive Party, People's Power Party and Reform Party - reported earlier this month.

This means the four parties will contest the next general election under one banner, shrinking the crowded field of 11 opposition parties to eight.

Dr Tan said that while he has met members of each party, he did not want to commit the PSP to the alliance.

"I'm still building my own team. They are entitled to what they want to do, it's fair... but we are looking at the bigger picture."

• Praise 5

5 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Tan Cheng Bock leads party's first door-to-door visits in West Coast; declines to confirm if PSP will contest in area

kc-tcb1201.jpg?itok=R44K5LA1&timestamp=1

SINGAPORE - Dr Tan Cheng Bock led over 200 members and volunteers for his party's first door-to-door home visits in West Coast GRC on Sunday morning (Jan 12).

When asked if this was a signal that the Progress Singapore Party (PSP) intended to contest the area at the upcoming polls, he did not give a direct answer.

Dr Tan told The Straits Times: "The reception has been warm. Tell them: I'm coming home."

Barring major changes to electoral boundaries, PSP is widely expected to contest in West Coast at the next general election, as the constituency includes the area formerly under single-seat Ayer Rajah. Dr Tan had served as the People's Action Party (PAP) MP for six terms until it was absorbed into West Coast GRC in 2006.

Sunday's home visits were the party's first major grassroots event of the year, involving 22 teams covering about 50 blocks in the GRC's Teban Gardens and Pandan Loop areas.

The PSP was last seen in West Coast in December last year, at a much smaller walkabout at West Coast Market with around 40 members.

When asked about the choice of the PAP stronghold for his party's first home visits, he said: "We have a plan, so now we have decided to come here. The places we go and the things we do; these are all very calibrated and well-calculated."

Dr Tan's "home ground" advantage seemed apparent when several residents greeted him with familiarity as he walked through the food centre at Block 37A Teban Gardens Road.

Madam Diana Salleh, 38, said she received an Edusave award as a Secondary 4 student in 1996 from Dr Tan when he was MP.

"I remember him from all those years back, so I was eager to see him today," said Madam Diana, who has lived at the nearby Block 44 for 35 years.

Mr Chan Ewe Chong, who works in the security sector, also recalled Dr Tan's friendly and personable manner from over three decades back. But he added that Ms Foo Mee Har, the GRC's current MP overseeing Ayer Rajah ward, has also been working hard.

"Frankly, she has been doing quite a lot of good for residents around here. It will be a tough fight!," said the 65-year-old father of three.

During his walk, Dr Tan bumped into Ms Foo and the two exchanged greetings and shook hands.

Ms Foo, now in her 10th year as the area's MP, told The Straits Times that she was on her usual Sunday routine - having breakfast and chatting with the residents.

On what she thought of a possible PSP contest in West Coast, Ms Foo said that her team has a good relationship with the residents and will continue to their best.

"At the end of day, the residents are in the best position to judge who can most ably serve their interests and take care of their day to day needs. Our work at Ayer Rajah continues," she said.

Dr Tan congratulated the PAP team for "doing a lot of good work" in West Coast.

He was also asked for his views on the alliance between four opposition parties - Singaporeans First party, Democratic Progressive Party, People's Power Party and Reform Party - reported earlier this month.

This means the four parties will contest the next general election under one banner, shrinking the crowded field of 11 opposition parties to eight.

Dr Tan said that while he has met members of each party, he did not want to commit the PSP to the alliance.

"I'm still building my own team. They are entitled to what they want to do, it's fair... but we are looking at the bigger picture."

Must say he looks good for his age. Same genes as mahathir... Must be some secret tonkat ali... or traditional massage 😉.

On a serious note.. recently  saw some terrible frail looking pictures of pm lee.. with hsk still seemingly unstable,  not a good combination. 

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/tan-cheng-bock-introduces-political-rookie-as-2-ndincommand-010952692.html

Not bad.. Psp might be up and rising.. Hope Psp to have few seats in parliament, together with wp. I don't see other parties able to get any seats beside these 2 parties.. 

So it would be back to business as usual after election. Hope this coming election could at least win more seats like maybe 20 or sort of.. That number would be quite a relastic figure.. Don't think opposition party can win more then that.. 

Edited by Yewheng

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:32 AM, Watwheels said:

Isnt this Jason Chua an ex M'sian as well?🙄

Takes one to know one?

Pot calling the kettle black?

Troll?

He and his cronies and here in MyCarForum too, if you look closely.

On 1/18/2020 at 9:48 AM, Yewheng said:

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/tan-cheng-bock-introduces-political-rookie-as-2-ndincommand-010952692.html

Not bad.. Psp might be up and rising.. Hope Psp to have few seats in parliament, together with wp. I don't see other parties able to get any seats beside these 2 parties.. 

So it would be back to business as usual after election. Hope this coming election could at least win more seats like maybe 20 or sort of.. That number would be quite a relastic figure.. Don't think opposition party can win more then that.. 

Hopefully so and hope that WP would not lose their current seats in parliment in coming GE.

• Praise 1

I find it baffling that there are so many or majority here not exactly friendly to my party but yet we keep getting 70 plus percent of the votes.

I suspect many who critise here a lot but ultimately voted for us.

Please kindly identify yourself, there are chicken rice and bryani for you.

All these shouting and all, I believe will make no difference, my party will continue to win the majority pants down.

I am highly suspicious that wp may lost their seats given their feeble attempt to proof they were not in the wrong. Even when we did policies that are not favourable they mentioned but no fighting it out in Parliament. Hence, they are our ally and not enemy as perceived. Sorry to disappoint.

SDP can try but as long as CSJ still take the lead, they are going no where.

The smaller parties are just distractions and nobody really take them seriously. Lim Tean is a joke who acts and think he is going to be the next PM and already appoint shadow ministers from his party. Goh Meng Seng is an alright guy but some of his thoughts seem like he forget to take his medication. 

PSP if TCB stand in an SMC he will win hands down but that depends on who he is up against. If in a GRC I am not sure because the rest would just be riding on his coat tail.

Actually, I hope someone can have the balls to stand against me. I wish someone can do a George Yeo on. I know many of you dislike me but this is my day job and I have to perform to keep my position. You know how many are waiting for me to get kicked out to take over my place. 

Sigh, it seems we are going to win big again and I am eventually going to be deputy PM.

Edited by Ash2017
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

I find it baffling that there are so many or majority here not exactly friendly to my party but yet we keep getting 70 plus percent of the votes.

All these shouting and all, I believe will make no difference, my party will continue to win the majority pants down.

I am highly suspicious that wp may lost their seats given their feeble attempt to proof they were not in the wrong. Even when we did policies that are not favourable they mentioned but no fighting it out in Parliament. Hence, they are our ally and not enemy as perceived. Sorry to disappoint.

The smaller parties are just distractions and nobody really take them seriously. Lim Tean is a joke who acts and think he is going to be the next PM and already appoint shadow ministers from his party. Goh Meng Seng is an alright guy but some of his thoughts seem like he forget to take his medication. 

PSP if TCB stand in an SMC he will win hands down but that depends on who he is up against. If in a GRC I am not sure because the rest would just be riding on his coat tail.

Actually, I hope someone can have the balls to stand against me. I wish someone can do a George Yeo on. I know many of you dislike me but this is my day job and I have to perform to keep my position. You know how many are waiting for me to get kicked out to take over my place. 

Sigh, it seems we are going to win big again and I am eventually going to be deputy PM.

We can identify ourselves to get your chicken rice and bryani, but then let us say this, what is the point behind your request? 😁

• Praise 1

34 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

If the truth is many singaporean are displaced from jobs and have problem finding jobs as well as the number of situation at the workplace has more FT then singaporean workers that is observe, vs what the data represented, then those affected has nothing to loose and will probably vote base on the emotion within the heart.

The 70% would also become historical data that does not forecast the future.

Rather than voting base on rational decision, like economy outcome of 0.3% or Eco awareness of the rising tide or the push for container terminal to relocate to tuas and T5 / T6 and beyond.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

Progress Singapore Party unveils first batch of potential candidates for General Election

psp-collage.jpg

SINGAPORE: The Progress Singapore Party (PSP) on Thursday (Jun 18) unveiled its first batch of potential candidates for the upcoming General Election. 

They include party vice chairman Hazel Poa, who was from the National Solidarity Party, as well as former People's Voice member Brad Bowyer. 

The other candidates are Mr Sri Nallakaruppan, a chartered accountant, IT professional Taufik Supan, former Singapore Armed Forces Lieutenant Colonel Francis Yuen, as well as Ms Gigene Wong who used to hold senior management roles in multi-national corporations in China.

"Each of them brings their unique life experience and wisdom to add value to PSP and also to Singapore. They (have) come forward to join our mission to build a better future for Singapore," said PSP secretary-general Tan Cheng Bock during a virtual press conference.

"Above all, the one important value they carry is service before self. And for that to happen, the heart must be in the right place. We are here for (the) country and for (the) people."

The party, which was officially registered in March last year, did not reveal which constituencies it plans to contest. However, PSP has begun conducting weekly meet-up sessions via Zoom with constituents from West Coast and Pioneer.

Dr Tan was Member of Parliament for Ayer Rajah for 26 years, when he was with the People's Action Party (PAP). The ward is now part of West Coast GRC.

BUILDING AN "ALTERNATIVE" FOR SINGAPORE: MS POA

During the press conference, Ms Poa said that she joined politics previously because she felt that a "one-party system" was not sustainable over the longer term.

"I want to contribute towards building a stronger opposition over the shorter term because a stronger opposition will also push the ruling party to be stronger and to be more responsive to the needs of people and that would be good for Singapore," said Ms Poa. 

"Over the longer term, I want to help build an alternative for Singapore, to give all Singaporeans a choice to an alternative party and an alternative path."

Mr Yuen, who spent 18 years with the Republic of Singapore Air Force before moving to the private sector, said that lessons he had learnt over his career would put him in good stead to be a politician.

"To me, a politician's greatest asset must be a listening ear. You must learn how to listen to the people," he said. "Politics to me is about serving people, just like we as a company serve our customers and all our stakeholders.”

Responding to a question on how potential candidates would carve out an identity of their own, political newcomer Mr Taufik said that he hopes to champion issues relating to the Malay community.

“The Malay community is still very much concerned about its progression, instead of just scratching the surface of the problem, I believe it is also necessary to do a deep dive into the root cause of the problem - issues like education, poverty, inequality, discrimination must be addressed," he added.

When introducing himself, Mr Bowyer, formerly a citizen of the United Kingdom, said that he has benefited from the "talents and expertise" in PSP, and that the compassion the party has for Singaporeans motivates him. 

"PSP has that heart, it has passion and it has a vision, and it knows that in the new world we must do things differently,” he said.

Mr Bowyer has been in the local political scene since the 2011 General Election. Then, he was involved with the grassroots, volunteering at Meet-The-People sessions with PAP.   

In November 2019, Mr Bowyer became the first person to be issued a correction direction under the Protection from Online Falsehoods and Manipulation Act, for a Facebook post which the Government said contained misleading and false statements about state investor Temasek Holdings and sovereign wealth fund GIC.

As for PSP member Mr Nallakaruppan, he said that he had supported Dr Tan since the 2011 Presidential Election and shared his ideals.

“I saw a man that was willing to speak his mind in his parliamentary days ... he truly cared for Singapore and Singaporeans. I shared his ideals and that’s why I became a founding member as well as treasurer for (the) Progress Singapore Party,” said Mr Nallakaruppan.

Singapore’s next General Election has to be called by April 14, 2021, but there are signs that it will be called soon.

The Elections Department announced its preliminary campaigning guidelines on Thursday, which state that no physical rallies will be allowed if hustings for the General Election fall within Phase 2 of Singapore’s reopening, 

Political parties and candidates will get free airtime on Mediacorp's Channel 5 and subsidised livestreaming venues.

• Praise 8

BREAKING: Dr Tan Cheng Bock reveals where PSP will contest this GE

The doctor announced that PSP would be standing at West Coast GRC, Choa Chu Kang GRC, Hong Kah North GRC, Tanjong Pagar GRC, Marymount SMC, Pioneer SMC, Yio Chu Kang SMC and Kebun Baru SMC but added that this was by no means final. 

Many senior residents in my mum's neighbourhood were so happy that TCB is back!!

dsMTH7C.jpg

• Praise 7

Supersonic
14 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

BREAKING: Dr Tan Cheng Bock reveals where PSP will contest this GE

The doctor announced that PSP would be standing at West Coast GRC, Choa Chu Kang GRC, Hong Kah North GRC, Tanjong Pagar GRC, Marymount SMC, Pioneer SMC, Yio Chu Kang SMC and Kebun Baru SMC but added that this was by no means final. 

Many senior residents in my mum's neighbourhood were so happy that TCB is back!!

dsMTH7C.jpg

Dont know chances how high for PSP to win?

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Dont know chances how high for PSP to win?

Don’t know how high but fark PAP and their complacency!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1