How much is your outstanding housing loan?

Karoon

mortgage  

165 members have voted

1. 1. how much left?

• > 2 mil
    • 1.5 - 2mil
    • 1 -1.5 mil
    • 750k - 1mil
    • 500 - 750k
    • 250 - 500k
    • 100- 250k
    • below 100k
    • paid 8)

Turbocharged
On 3/30/2020 at 3:03 PM, Ho2786 said:

LOL

buy everything with cash ?

ok I wait until 55 collect cpf than buy

then retire eat what?

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Longg8 said:

probably leveraged on reits... PB favorite product.... 

Nope.

i already said BONDS.  

And REITs are not at all a favourite PB product nor recommendation.

sorry have to burst your bubble dude, dont know dont keh kiang.

cheers

1 hour ago, Showster said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/banking/covid-19-individuals-can-apply-to-defer-property-loan-insurance-premium-payments

Eh swee leh!

1. Pay down property loan at the lowest interest rate ever!

2. If cannot afford, can defer payments for 9 months!

This will stablise the property market. I guess when covid is over, property market will fly due to excessive liquidity in market again.

• Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Rskc said:

This will stablise the property market. I guess when covid is over, property market will fly due to excessive liquidity in market again.

Dont know dont keh kiang. 

MCF a lot of smart people, we can tell when someone is keh kiang, like you

And everyone knows i am ToaPow too

cheers

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

Dont know dont keh kiang. 

MCF a lot of smart people, we can tell when someone is keh kiang, like you

And everyone knows i am ToaPow too

cheers

Hmmm..I merely state my view. I didn't say I am smart or correct. I did not say you are stupid. My comments can be challenged and corrected if they are incorrect, same applies to yours. In fact, I was waiting for contrary view, if any. A forum is for discussion and to learn. Unfortunately, I did not learn anything from your comments.

Cheers too. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

30 minutes ago, Rskc said:

Hmmm..I merely state my view. I didn't say I am smart or correct. I did not say you are stupid. My comments can be challenged and corrected if they are incorrect, same applies to yours. In fact, I was waiting for contrary view, if any. A forum is for discussion and to learn. Unfortunately, I did not learn anything from your comments.

Cheers too. 

🙏🙏🙏

On 3/29/2020 at 4:12 PM, Throttle2 said:

Have a friend who made a lot of money since 2010 becos he bought many bonds and the FI market just continue going up in the last ten years.

he started to think that its so easy to make money by using loans to buy bonds.  So he doubled up and for the last 10 yrs i hv been telling him not to overdo it. 

Even if something is super good and delicious, overeating it will cause you serious problems. Choke, vomit, etc....

Unfortunately he didnt listen, and didnt get out.

Now he is facing a complete loss of his entire portfolio worth about $80mil with  his originally profitable business likely to see losses in the weeks and months to come weighing down on him further.  

I asked him to thin out early March. Keep his profits, can fight again.  Sure i lost a few fingers myself, but he has lost all his limbs by now.  I feel sorry for him but on the other hand, someone has to pay for greed and complacency.

sigh..........

These are HNWI that leverage from their PB to buy those high yield FI funds? Which mostly hold junk bonds/asset securitisation in the US market. 

My friend was explaining to me, why banks/financial institutions other than NPL, are not the source of weakness this time round.

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

These are HNWI that leverage from their PB to buy those high yield FI funds? Which mostly hold junk bonds/asset securitisation in the US market. 

My friend was explaining to me, why banks/financial institutions other than NPL, are not the source of weakness this time round.

No lah. Wah lau. 

I said Bonds not bond funds. 

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

No lah. Wah lau. 

I said Bonds not bond funds. 

Hmm individual bonds will lose so much? Haven't default yet right. 
Below Investment grade?

haha I have no financial background. Matchstick (not cannon) fairy 

Edited by Lala81

9 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Hmm individual bonds will lose so much? Haven't default yet right. 
Below Investment grade?

haha I have no financial background. Matchstick (not cannon) fairy 

Bro, you are completely not in the market, man....

The spreads are super elephant wide currently and due to the uncertainty of the development of the situation, many investment graded bonds are trading at 10% to 20% lower than a few weeks ago. 

The HY market has frozen up, no bids only offers, so you cant sell even if you wanted to.  

No joke man.

ignorance is bliss

• Praise 1

On 3/29/2020 at 4:12 PM, Throttle2 said:

Have a friend who made a lot of money since 2010 becos he bought many bonds and the FI market just continue going up in the last ten years.

he started to think that its so easy to make money by using loans to buy bonds.  So he doubled up and for the last 10 yrs i hv been telling him not to overdo it. 

Even if something is super good and delicious, overeating it will cause you serious problems. Choke, vomit, etc....

Unfortunately he didnt listen, and didnt get out.

Now he is facing a complete loss of his entire portfolio worth about $80mil with  his originally profitable business likely to see losses in the weeks and months to come weighing down on him further.  

I asked him to thin out early March. Keep his profits, can fight again.  Sure i lost a few fingers myself, but he has lost all his limbs by now.  I feel sorry for him but on the other hand, someone has to pay for greed and complacency.

sigh..........

Alot of ppl dun know what is 见好就收。indeed easiler said then done. Esp when money. Big money come easily. U advice them take care. They tell u scare what. Even if i lose now. I can cover back easily.

They tell u they own how many propertys worth how many millions bababa. They live a high life for 10+years. 

But when thing suddenly fall apart. They realize their propety which they assume worth 80m can only sell 50m.

Banks demand them to top up the balance for the morgate etctec all bad news come.

Banker are very nice. When u got money in bank they pester u to loan more. But when u dun have money in bank and u want take loan. U realize cannot. 

Soon 3-4 propertys become 1 hdb. 

Newly brought S class become a used C class.

All this can happen in 2-3 year. Many cannot recover .lost the will to fight any more.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Bro, you are completely not in the market, man....

The spreads are super elephant wide currently and due to the uncertainty of the development of the situation, many investment graded bonds are trading at 10% to 20% lower than a few weeks ago. 

The HY market has frozen up, no bids only offers, so you cant sell even if you wanted to.  

No joke man.

ignorance is bliss

Leverage only for friends likes yours. Me and my friends only using piggy bank savings. [laugh]

I'm not totally ignorant. Just a layman.

I just follow the LQD ticker to track roughly what's going on in IG bonds in the USA side. Was thinking of using that and VIX to see when things will becoming less volatile.

I know the high yield market has frozen up, but doesn't pertain much to me, other than the later effects, credit market seizing up (now less likely armagaddeon scenario compared to 2 weeks ago) and the ensuing ripple effects of bankruptcies which will show up on equities. 

23 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Newly brought S class become a used C class.

Not happening yet - those used S classes are still asking for high prices.  When they lelong (a few more months?), you know the shyt has hit the fan!

• Haha! 1

42 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Leverage only for friends likes yours. Me and my friends only using piggy bank savings. [laugh]

I'm not totally ignorant. Just a layman.

I just follow the LQD ticker to track roughly what's going on in IG bonds in the USA side. Was thinking of using that and VIX to see when things will becoming less volatile.

I know the high yield market has frozen up, but doesn't pertain much to me, other than the later effects, credit market seizing up (now less likely armagaddeon scenario compared to 2 weeks ago) and the ensuing ripple effects of bankruptcies which will show up on equities. 

You are far from the reality, dude. 

But since you dont use leverage and dont invest in single line bonds, it doesnt impact you much at this point.

So nothing to worry about

put in your context, if a person doesnt have Cancer, he wont be too bothered with the medicine or treatment cost and process.

in my case, my friend got Cancer, so i am aware and concerned.

• Praise 1

35 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Not happening yet - those used S classes are still asking for high prices.  When they lelong (a few more months?), you know the shyt has hit the fan!

Definitely not yet.

physical asset markets do not move as quickly as financial markets.   But it also doesnt recover as fast either.  Wait for Job losses in 2H 2020, bro.  Now people still in Dreamland

(edited)
22 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Nope.

i already said BONDS.  

And REITs are not at all a favourite PB product nor recommendation.

sorry have to burst your bubble dude, dont know dont keh kiang.

cheers

ol

Edited by Longg8
no
↡ Advertisement