DTE pedalbox throttle controller

AndyHo

Bro, u installed before? Confirm doesnt remove lag from e.g 50km to 90km? If this is the cae no point install. Any other bro installed similar throttle controller, can confirm on this?

Even I don't install, I also know how it works.

But don't take my word for it, look at their website:

https://www.chiptuning.com/en/pedalbox.html

Scroll down to "How does the PedalBox work?"

See the graph? 

PedalBox_Graphik.jpg

The 0% and 100% is the same. it only affects the middle portion (e.g. step 20% get 50%)

So you floor the pedal and step 100%, with or without DTE throttle box, it will still be 100%

Sorry bro. No free lunch in this world. As you said, no point install.

Edited by Ishiwgao
↡ Advertisement

Before install= 1000bhp

After install= 1000bhp

So why install.

Step abit the car will move. It reduces lag and make the car more responsive though it will not increase any HP. Some people feels shiok with when it moves off just like that. If you slam down hard on the accelerator, it can't take you any faster. Will be the same. This is what I think it suppose to do. So there is reason for such installation.

Step abit the car will move. It reduces lag and make the car more responsive though it will not increase any HP. Some people feels shiok with when it moves off just like that. If you slam down hard on the accelerator, it can't take you any faster. Will be the same. This is what I think it suppose to do. So there is reason for such installation.

Bottom line, they are still kidding themselves.

Take the money and treat the family to a hearty meal is more worthwhile.

• Praise 1

anyone installed DTE pedalbox? any feedback? just want to remove the lag between acceleration.

Actually what car do you drive? Lag between acceleration, I guess it's a turbo car?

Throttle controller won't eliminate turbo lag.

• Praise 1

Bottom line, they are still kidding themselves.

Take the money and treat the family to a hearty meal is more worthwhile.

Likely we are kidding ourselves instead. It is their money, they like the feel of a higher throttle response and that's all matter. As long as they feels shiok driving and happy can already.

Edited by Renegade777
  • Praise 2

I feel pple who haven’t tried it should try not to have such a shove it down your throat type of comments.

I had it on my Audi. The 1.8blocks with the cvt are known for initial pick up lags. This can’t be solved even with gearbox tune and stage 1 tune. Been there done that. But w the dte, it solves the lag problem. In fact the stage 1 works much better after. But of cos FC was higher.

So the product works as claimed. Not snake oil like surbo or whatever that u have to think in my head works. So for those who say WOT is the same. The difference is the reaction time and come on who wants to WOT everytime. Esp on a 200+Hp car.

Anyw it’s nothing new. I had it in 2014. Old n tested device.

• Praise 4

Hi, I have one installed. It is just mine own opinion. I am loving it everyday drive. no need to step harder, yes, it is the feel of getting it move off faster. The signal have remove most of the lag but really not all. Day to day drive in our Singapore roads condition, you don't really get to floor your pedal,  I know most ppl felt this is like snake oil, want more power just floor it. It is more of removing the lag, not really increasing any horse power. i don't find consumption goes up, but the rolling after acceleration helps me to save fuel. Main reason is to remove the lag and you get a faster acceleration. especially when you overtake, you get the gear kick low faster and accelerate ahead a lot better. Just that you don't have to wait. Don't flame me hor.. this is how i feel. hahaha... [:p]

• Praise 1

Hi, I have one installed. It is just mine own opinion. I am loving it everyday drive. no need to step harder, yes, it is the feel of getting it move off faster. The signal have remove most of the lag but really not all. Day to day drive in our Singapore roads condition, you don't really get to floor your pedal, I know most ppl felt this is like snake oil, want more power just floor it. It is more of removing the lag, not really increasing any horse power. i don't find consumption goes up, but the rolling after acceleration helps me to save fuel. Main reason is to remove the lag and you get a faster acceleration. especially when you overtake, you get the gear kick low faster and accelerate ahead a lot better. Just that you don't have to wait. Don't flame me hor.. this is how i feel. hahaha... [:p]

Bro any safety feature? E.g. mode goes back to stock when u reversing?

Hi, I have one installed. It is just mine own opinion. I am loving it everyday drive. no need to step harder, yes, it is the feel of getting it move off faster. The signal have remove most of the lag but really not all. Day to day drive in our Singapore roads condition, you don't really get to floor your pedal, I know most ppl felt this is like snake oil, want more power just floor it. It is more of removing the lag, not really increasing any horse power. i don't find consumption goes up, but the rolling after acceleration helps me to save fuel. Main reason is to remove the lag and you get a faster acceleration. especially when you overtake, you get the gear kick low faster and accelerate ahead a lot better. Just that you don't have to wait. Don't flame me hor.. this is how i feel. hahaha... [:p]

They can say what they want la. I used to be cynical about this until I installed one to try.

It works just like you described.

Faster acceleration may be a misnomer.. it's the better throttle response where we don't have to step so hard to get that kind of acceleration. The driving experience is just more enjoyable. My FC remained constant.

For those who say just WOT to get the same result.. they don't really get the idea at all. I know cos I was one of them.

But now I know

Bro any safety feature? E.g. mode goes back to stock when u reversing?

I am unaware of safety feature like you mentioned. There are 3 settings. City, Sport and Sport+. I used the city most of the time I find it is good enough for our traffic jams road. I changed to sport mode only when my car is full load. It is like driving a normal car. Just that you got better respond. I will said sport+ I use once or twice. Didn't find it necessary to use it as the city mode is good enough for me. When you go NSHW sport+ will be more interesting. Hahaha....

They can say what they want la. I used to be cynical about this until I installed one to try.

It works just like you described.

Faster acceleration may be a misnomer.. it's the better throttle response where we don't have to step so hard to get that kind of acceleration. The driving experience is just more enjoyable. My FC remained constant.

For those who say just WOT to get the same result.. they don't really get the idea at all. I know cos I was one of them.

But now I know ð¤£

I agreed with you better throttle respond will be better describe for it. Thanks for correcting me.

I only have budget for throttle controller or RS chip. Which one would you recommend? In btw heard stories of how RS chip might damage ur car... dont know real or not...

I only have budget for throttle controller or RS chip. Which one would you recommend? In btw heard stories of how RS chip might damage ur car... dont know real or not...

Go carousell and look for second hand Racechip.
  • Praise 1

I have been thinking to get the Racechip XLR but was thinking if selecting the different modes is similar to selecting E, C, Sport on my stock car. 

On my stock car, choosing E, C, or Sport mode will affect the amount of power when pressing the accelerator, meaning at Sport mode I only need to press  the pedal a little and the car will move off much faster than at E mode. Sound siuilar to what the external throttle control module can do. But I cannot tahan the engine alsways at high rev under sport mode so very noisy.

Will the external  throttle control module also very noisy at sportier modes? If have, then I might as well save the money and use stock Sport mode instead haha.

If your ride comes with stock sports mode function, stick with it.  :a-whiteflag:

I have been thinking to get the Racechip XLR but was thinking if selecting the different modes is similar to selecting E, C, Sport on my stock car. 

On my stock car, choosing E, C, or Sport mode will affect the amount of power when pressing the accelerator, meaning at Sport mode I only need to press  the pedal a little and the car will move off much faster than at E mode. Sound siuilar to what the external throttle control module can do. But I cannot tahan the engine alsways at high rev under sport mode so very noisy.

Will the external  throttle control module also very noisy at sportier modes? If have, then I might as well save the money and use stock Sport mode instead haha.

Neutral Newbie

Wanna borrow your post.

I used to have one installed in a cable throttle body (honda airwave). Item dekit when vehicle is sold. Now changed to drive-by-wire, can i connect it to the current vehicle?

Need some advise, previous logic for cable throttle(3 wires if didnt remember wrongly) is that you cut the sensor wiring into 2, and connect to 2 of the controller's wiring right?

Can i do the same with current drive-by-wire vehicle?

Pardon my lousy english and explanation..

Wanna borrow your post.

I used to have one installed in a cable throttle body (honda airwave). Item dekit when vehicle is sold. Now changed to drive-by-wire, can i connect it to the current vehicle?

Need some advise, previous logic for cable throttle(3 wires if didnt remember wrongly) is that you cut the sensor wiring into 2, and connect to 2 of the controller's wiring right?

Can i do the same with current drive-by-wire vehicle?

Pardon my lousy english and explanation..

Different and cannot use.
↡ Advertisement