Hi, I have one installed. It is just mine own opinion. I am loving it everyday drive. no need to step harder, yes, it is the feel of getting it move off faster. The signal have remove most of the lag but really not all. Day to day drive in our Singapore roads condition, you don't really get to floor your pedal,  I know most ppl felt this is like snake oil, want more power just floor it. It is more of removing the lag, not really increasing any horse power. i don't find consumption goes up, but the rolling after acceleration helps me to save fuel. Main reason is to remove the lag and you get a faster acceleration. especially when you overtake, you get the gear kick low faster and accelerate ahead a lot better. Just that you don't have to wait. Don't flame me hor.. this is how i feel. hahaha... [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Hi, I have one installed. It is just mine own opinion. I am loving it everyday drive. no need to step harder, yes, it is the feel of getting it move off faster. The signal have remove most of the lag but really not all. Day to day drive in our Singapore roads condition, you don't really get to floor your pedal, I know most ppl felt this is like snake oil, want more power just floor it. It is more of removing the lag, not really increasing any horse power. i don't find consumption goes up, but the rolling after acceleration helps me to save fuel. Main reason is to remove the lag and you get a faster acceleration. especially when you overtake, you get the gear kick low faster and accelerate ahead a lot better. Just that you don't have to wait. Don't flame me hor.. this is how i feel. hahaha... [:p]

Bro any safety feature? E.g. mode goes back to stock when u reversing?

Hi, I have one installed. It is just mine own opinion. I am loving it everyday drive. no need to step harder, yes, it is the feel of getting it move off faster. The signal have remove most of the lag but really not all. Day to day drive in our Singapore roads condition, you don't really get to floor your pedal, I know most ppl felt this is like snake oil, want more power just floor it. It is more of removing the lag, not really increasing any horse power. i don't find consumption goes up, but the rolling after acceleration helps me to save fuel. Main reason is to remove the lag and you get a faster acceleration. especially when you overtake, you get the gear kick low faster and accelerate ahead a lot better. Just that you don't have to wait. Don't flame me hor.. this is how i feel. hahaha... [:p]

They can say what they want la. I used to be cynical about this until I installed one to try.

It works just like you described.

Faster acceleration may be a misnomer.. it's the better throttle response where we don't have to step so hard to get that kind of acceleration. The driving experience is just more enjoyable. My FC remained constant.

For those who say just WOT to get the same result.. they don't really get the idea at all. I know cos I was one of them.

But now I know

Bro any safety feature? E.g. mode goes back to stock when u reversing?

I am unaware of safety feature like you mentioned. There are 3 settings. City, Sport and Sport+. I used the city most of the time I find it is good enough for our traffic jams road. I changed to sport mode only when my car is full load. It is like driving a normal car. Just that you got better respond. I will said sport+ I use once or twice. Didn't find it necessary to use it as the city mode is good enough for me. When you go NSHW sport+ will be more interesting. Hahaha....

They can say what they want la. I used to be cynical about this until I installed one to try.

It works just like you described.

Faster acceleration may be a misnomer.. it's the better throttle response where we don't have to step so hard to get that kind of acceleration. The driving experience is just more enjoyable. My FC remained constant.

For those who say just WOT to get the same result.. they don't really get the idea at all. I know cos I was one of them.

But now I know ð¤£

I agreed with you better throttle respond will be better describe for it. Thanks for correcting me.

I only have budget for throttle controller or RS chip. Which one would you recommend? In btw heard stories of how RS chip might damage ur car... dont know real or not...

↡ Advertisement

I only have budget for throttle controller or RS chip. Which one would you recommend? In btw heard stories of how RS chip might damage ur car... dont know real or not...

Go carousell and look for second hand Racechip.

Luckily my puny ride comes with sports mode button. Works like the pedal box but just one mode.

I have been thinking to get the Racechip XLR but was thinking if selecting the different modes is similar to selecting E, C, Sport on my stock car. 

On my stock car, choosing E, C, or Sport mode will affect the amount of power when pressing the accelerator, meaning at Sport mode I only need to press  the pedal a little and the car will move off much faster than at E mode. Sound siuilar to what the external throttle control module can do. But I cannot tahan the engine alsways at high rev under sport mode so very noisy.

Will the external  throttle control module also very noisy at sportier modes? If have, then I might as well save the money and use stock Sport mode instead haha.

If your ride comes with stock sports mode function, stick with it.  :a-whiteflag:

I have been thinking to get the Racechip XLR but was thinking if selecting the different modes is similar to selecting E, C, Sport on my stock car. 

On my stock car, choosing E, C, or Sport mode will affect the amount of power when pressing the accelerator, meaning at Sport mode I only need to press  the pedal a little and the car will move off much faster than at E mode. Sound siuilar to what the external throttle control module can do. But I cannot tahan the engine alsways at high rev under sport mode so very noisy.

Will the external  throttle control module also very noisy at sportier modes? If have, then I might as well save the money and use stock Sport mode instead haha.

Wanna borrow your post.

I used to have one installed in a cable throttle body (honda airwave). Item dekit when vehicle is sold. Now changed to drive-by-wire, can i connect it to the current vehicle?

Need some advise, previous logic for cable throttle(3 wires if didnt remember wrongly) is that you cut the sensor wiring into 2, and connect to 2 of the controller's wiring right?

Can i do the same with current drive-by-wire vehicle?

Pardon my lousy english and explanation..

Wanna borrow your post.

I used to have one installed in a cable throttle body (honda airwave). Item dekit when vehicle is sold. Now changed to drive-by-wire, can i connect it to the current vehicle?

Need some advise, previous logic for cable throttle(3 wires if didnt remember wrongly) is that you cut the sensor wiring into 2, and connect to 2 of the controller's wiring right?

Can i do the same with current drive-by-wire vehicle?

Pardon my lousy english and explanation..

Different and cannot use.

@RadX

RS give you better power, throttle controller gives you quicker throttle response.

So with only a RS chip, you would still feel the accelerator lag but once overcome , the additional power will come in.

With only the throttle controller, you get better accelerator response but no change in power.

@RadX

RS give you better power, throttle controller gives you quicker throttle response.

So with only a RS chip, you would still feel the accelerator lag but once overcome , the additional power will come in.

With only the throttle controller, you get better accelerator response but no change in power.

Is Pivot 3-Drive good? Or anything else to recommend?

Tried before. Like what the others say. You will get the feeling of faster respond.

Is Pivot 3-Drive good? Or anything else to recommend?

Tried before. Like what the others say. You will get the feeling of faster respond.

ok, I am trying to get one. Which are the brands/ models to consider?

Pivot 3 drive was like ten years back. Not sure whether is McWell still around or are they still selling it.

I am not into these stuffs so I can't recommend. By the way have you looked at sprint booster?

ok, I am trying to get one. Which are the brands/ models to consider?

Pivot 3 drive was like ten years back. Not sure whether is McWell still around or are they still selling it.

I am not into these stuffs so I can't recommend. By the way have you looked at sprint booster?

no, not. Will check out sprint booster

↡ Advertisement