Indian Pilots to fly for Scoot, SIA

Freeder

At the departure gate, a man was looking at the plane he be going onboard in 45 mins.

He thought to himself “this plane look very old”. Feeling unease.. he went over to the counter and asked the airline staff.

“Execuse me.. that plane seem old?” He asked.

The lady replied “No worries Sir, plane is old BUT we got Young pilots to fly it!

He cancelled his trip immediately!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Sharing a letter written to SIA:

Dear SIA Team,

Today I read that pilots from India will be flying for SIA and Scoot. At first I was pretty sure this was fake news. But then I verified the sources and found out that this is indeed and unfortunately true. 

Indian pilots are notorious for their extremely dubious qualifications, disgusting unprofessionalism and horrendous safety records. A simple search turned up these cases:

Pilot was snoring before Air India crash:

Air India Express Flight 812, on 22 May 2010, (a Boeing 737-800) flying on the Dubai-Mangalore route overshot the runway 24 on landing at Mangalore International Airport killing 158 passengers on board.

Air India Flight 403 crashed on 21 June 1982 at Sahar International Airport in Bombay due to heavy weather. Two crew members and 15 passengers died; 94 survived.

Indian Airlines Flight 113 crashed on its final approach to Ahmedabad airport due to pilot error on 19 October 1988. Deaths were 130.

Indian Airlines Flight 171 crashed at Bombay following an in-flight fire caused by an uncontained engine failure on 12 October 1976, killing all 95 on board.

Indian Airlines Flight 257 crashed on descent into Imphal due to pilot error on 16 August 1991, killing all 69 occupants.

Indian Airlines Flight 440 crashed on approach to Palam Airport due to pilot error on 31 May 1973. 48 of 65 on board die.

Indian Airlines Flight 491 crashed into a truck at the end of the runway while taking off from Aurangabad, Maharashtra on 26 April 1993. The cause was both pilot error and the failure of the aviation administration to control highway traffic. Deaths were 55.

Indian Airlines Flight 605 crashed on its final approach to Bangalore airport on 14 February 1990, killing 92 people. The cause was pilot error.

You Can Get a Pilot License in India After Just 35 Minutes in Air:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...minutes-in-air

India may have 4000 'fake' pilots:

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www....akamai-rum=off

Indian arrests reveal corruption in granting of pilot licenses:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.ff63f97e6657

I am pretty sure this list is by no means exhaustive, and there are plenty of other cases, not including unreported unscrupulous incidents as well.

I have been flying SIA and Scoot and have experienced nothing but excellent service, attitude and more importantly, SIA's immaculate safety record. With this latest decision, not only is it a huge hit to SIA's brand image, it is also a big fat slap in the face of your loyal customers who have been supporting and buying into SIA's quality and safety. 

Needless to say, this is a very negative direction that the once-esteemed Singapore Airlines organisation is heading towards, and one that I am not supporting in the slightest, and quite frankly, very shocked at.

I am writing in to say that I will be boycotting SIA and Scoot from now on, unless this unfortunate decision is reversed, which is unlikely. I have also advised my contacts in both my social and business circles with the relevant facts and the initial reaction from them is also nothing short of shock and disgust. 

A significant number of my friends and family have also told me that their confidence in SIA is unquestionably shaken now with this piece of news, and they will not be supporting the airlines in the near and forseeable future. The most important aspect of any transport service is safety. This is even more paramount for airlines. With this latest decision, we are getting none of it. 

That said, I would still like to wish SIA all the best from here onwards. Everyone is going to need loads of it.

Sincerely,

• Praise 1

Dear SIA Team,

Today I read that pilots from India will be flying for SIA and Scoot. At first I was pretty sure this was fake news. But then I verified the sources and found out that this is indeed and unfortunately true. 

Indian pilots are notorious for their extremely dubious qualifications, disgusting unprofessionalism and horrendous safety records. A simple search turned up these cases:

Air India Express Flight 812, on 22 May 2010, (a Boeing 737-800) flying on the Dubai-Mangalore route overshot the runway 24 on landing at Mangalore International Airport killing 158 passengers on board.

Air India Flight 403 crashed on 21 June 1982 at Sahar International Airport in Bombay due to heavy weather. Two crew members and 15 passengers died; 94 survived.

Indian Airlines Flight 113 crashed on its final approach to Ahmedabad airport due to pilot error on 19 October 1988. Deaths were 130.

Indian Airlines Flight 171 crashed at Bombay following an in-flight fire caused by an uncontained engine failure on 12 October 1976, killing all 95 on board.

Indian Airlines Flight 257 crashed on descent into Imphal due to pilot error on 16 August 1991, killing all 69 occupants.

Indian Airlines Flight 440 crashed on approach to Palam Airport due to pilot error on 31 May 1973. 48 of 65 on board die.

Indian Airlines Flight 491 crashed into a truck at the end of the runway while taking off from Aurangabad, Maharashtra on 26 April 1993. The cause was both pilot error and the failure of the aviation administration to control highway traffic. Deaths were 55.

Indian Airlines Flight 605 crashed on its final approach to Bangalore airport on 14 February 1990, killing 92 people. The cause was pilot error.

I am pretty sure this list is by no means exhaustive, and there are plenty of other cases, not including unreported unscrupulous incidents as well.

I have been flying SIA and Scoot and have experienced nothing but excellent service, attitude and more importantly, SIA's immaculate safety record. With this latest decision, not only is it a huge hit to SIA's brand image, it is also a big fat slap in the face of your loyal customers who have been supporting and buying into SIA's quality and safety. 

Needless to say, this is a very negative direction that the once-esteemed Singapore Airlines organisation is heading towards, and one that I am not supporting in the slightest, and quite frankly, very shocked at.

I am writing in to say that I will be boycotting SIA and Scoot from now on, unless this unfortunate decision is reversed, which is unlikely. I have also advised my contacts in both my social and business circles with the relevant facts and the initial reaction from them is also nothing short of shock and disgust. 

A significant number of my friends and family have also told me that their confidence in SIA is unquestionably shaken now with this piece of news, and they will not be supporting the airlines in the near and forseeable future. The most important aspect of any transport service is safety. This is even more paramount for airlines. With this latest decision, we are getting none of it. 

That said, I would still like to wish SIA all the best from here onwards. Everyone is going to need loads of it.

Sincerely,

SIA is safer than most but to claim their current safety record is immaculate is wrong in the first place.

If this is the pilot SQ hire, all u tikos will quickly book ticket liao.... [:p]

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/swedish-pilot-malin-rydqvist-becomes-9358751

maybe for stewardess... for a pilot sealed behind blast proof cockpit door, where is the attraction?

Dear SIA Team,

Sincerely,

i can imagine their reply would be many many indian biz led by indian ceos collapse but dbs, google, etc led by indians all thrive if they pick the best.... 

if..

• Praise 1

maybe for stewardess... for a pilot sealed behind blast proof cockpit door, where is the attraction?

i can imagine their reply would be many many indian biz led by indian ceos collapse but dbs, google, etc led by indians all thrive if they pick the best.... 

if..

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/dreamliner-features/index.html

But the indians are getting the better aircraft which is the 787. A much more skilled level of pilot that is required.

I suppose the question then is, has the Singaporean team been trained or given a skilled training upgrade to fly these planes.

Those in the articles seem to point to old school aircraft and bad discipline.

If you not happy then don't fly with them.

When I get Thai VietJet into Singapore you can fly with us if you prefer our crew.

:D

This airline is designed to tickle your fancy.

• Praise 1

It was only recently that SIA stopped renewing pilots' contracts saying now less flights but now a days recruiting Indian pilots? Hmmmmmm something smelly here.

• Praise 1

It was only recently that SIA stopped renewing pilots' contracts saying now less flights but now a days recruiting Indian pilots? Hmmmmmm something smelly here.

Orhhhhhhh u homophobic

• Praise 1

52038578_10157167512245536_5597563768012

let you jiak chocolate

On Valentine's Day, ANA will hand out special chocolates from Japan's Meiji THE Chocolate to all domestic and international passengers traveling in all classes(except some routes). 
Wish you have a memorable heartwarming Valentine's Day with ANA!
Know more: https://ana.ms/2BqTVGi
  • Praise 1

20 years ago ...... There was a boycott by the pilots due to pay issue. 

Ah Kong stepped in and banned the leaders after the saga . 

Its been smelly ever since .  :D

• Praise 3

The SIA pilots have to understand they are lesser nobility.

This inflated sense of ability and value is the result of their ego being cooked up with rank and othe status symbols. Then playing with expensive toys and lives of lesser beings, they becpme corrupted --- to think they are of a higher caste.

Ever try budget planning?

At least they did not get the somali pilots.

Nyuck nyuck nyuck.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1