Netflix or others : What are the shows recommended to watch?

Ender

My personal fav are:

1. Narcos seasons 1 and 2. 

2. Brooklyn Nine Nine

I second that - Brooklyn Nine Nine. 

Really enjoyed the series. 

My kid recommended to me Food Wars - an anime series.  I enjoyed that too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Just finished watching Kingdom over the weekend. Brilliant! Highly recommended. Apart from zombie, also got politics. Somewhat like a tamer version of Games of Throne.

I second that and highly recommend it too! 

I am not usually a fan of Korean series, but I thought this was a very refreshing take on the Zombie genre by setting it in a period context and mixing it with elements of political intrigue, history and horror. They even slipped in some small comedic bits as well! How the show builds its characters is also quite thrilling - There is always some build up of the intensity of the character as well as slow suspense in showing different sides (both positive and sinister) of the characters too.

So overall I'd say it's well thought out and well-directed! 

Looking forward to Season 2 at the later part of this year.

Internal Moderator

Just finished watching Kingdom over the weekend. Brilliant! Highly recommended. Apart from zombie, also got politics. Somewhat like a tamer version of Games of Throne.

Kingdom is good! Recommended. Waiting for Season 2. 6 episodes too short. Can't believe they spent 13 million dollars on 6 episodes.

Kingdom is good! Recommended. Waiting for Season 2. 6 episodes too short. Can't believe they spent 13 million dollars on 6 episodes.

no urge to watch the whole series even though only 6 episode, still halfway thru episode 2  [laugh]  [laugh]

a bit slow.

Internal Moderator

no urge to watch the whole series even though only 6 episode, still halfway thru episode 2  [laugh]  [laugh]

a bit slow.

The pace will pickup from episode 2 onwards. 

Just finished "One Mile To You" on Netflix. I like shows with running theme. About this kid who lost his team and love in an bus accident. Runner's high comes in many form, and for him is chasing the bus, with his galfriend and team in it, that left him behind.

• Praise 1

I am on netflix for just 2nd month and I just cannot find enough time to watch all the TV series there. What are the recommended show to watch and to skip, since time is precious.

Currently watch The Returned

Just finished these,

Wasted my time on these three

Waiting to watch

watch Korean Stranger - worth the blinging .. got season 2 akan datang.

Suits Korean also not bad.

High Society so - so..

Not sure why but fast and furious seems taken out liao..

• Praise 1

I second that - Brooklyn Nine Nine. 

Really enjoyed the series. 

My kid recommended to me Food Wars - an anime series.  I enjoyed that too.

Shokugeki?

It's good.

• Praise 2

Somehow I like the older series:

1. Haven

2. The Blacklist

3. Salvation

4. Scorpion

5. Continuum

6. Colony

7. Pine Gap

and all the Star Trek series and movies. [;)]

• Praise 1

I recommend this. Just started today, and I already finished 3 episodes.  Tomorrow should finish the whole season. Very entertaining comedian talking about American affairs.  Machiam like a entertaining version of tedx.

I wish there's someone can do a similar shows on Singapore affairs, definitely alot of materials for research.

Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj

https://www.netflix.com/title/80239931

• Praise 1

I recommend this. Just started today, and I already finished 3 episodes.  Tomorrow should finish the whole season. Very entertaining comedian talking about American affairs.  Machiam like a entertaining version of tedx.

I wish there's someone can do a similar shows on Singapore affairs, definitely alot of materials for research.

wont be funny after going thru censorship board.

wanted to support the local industry and watch Lang Tong.

Quite disappointing. They need more acting class from korea.

Edited by Sdf4786k

If it is funny, someone will go to jail.

• Praise 1

wont be funny after going thru censorship board.

wanted to support the local industry and watch Lang Tong.

Quite disappointing. They need more acting class from korea.

Didn't waste time with Lang Tong.

Just finished the Amazon episode of Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj. This got to be the episode so far for me.

• Praise 1

Game of thrones cost USD15 million per episode. The average in US is around USD10 million per episode. Those are more crazy numbers. We are going to watch a lot of US and maybe Chinese TV series in the future. Mediacorpse is really going going gone.
  • Praise 2