Netflix or others : What are the shows recommended to watch?

Ender

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Yeshe said:

Noticed kingdom special episode is out.... 

It is actually the prequel of the kingdom series season 1 and 2. Describes how the zombies come about. Not terribly exciting. But it does provide some reason. Might be a good idea to watch last episode of season 2 maybe last 15 min to refresh your memory if you can't recall. 

Turbocharged

Anyone has amazon prime video? 

Do you encounter unavailable episodes in the same season for series? 

Eg I watched season 1 episode 1. Then I can't access episode 2 because it is unavailable. But episode 3 to 5 is available. Then 6 7 not available. Seems to be a common issue. How do you resolve it? 

8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Watched Ad Astra. Not for everyone, but i quite liked it. 

after the show finished.... im scratching my head still.. many question unanswered. worse, some dubious science

• Haha! 2

Just now, Nolicense said:

after the show finished.... im scratching my head still.. many question unanswered. worse, some dubious science

haha of course dubious science. But the multi-stage approach to Neptune does make much more sense.

7 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

haha of course dubious science. But the multi-stage approach to Neptune does make much more sense.

the build up was good.. ignoring some scientific plot holes.. i was expecting a pay-off at the end... but left the cinema feeling empty and cheated... 😂

2 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

the build up was good.. ignoring some scientific plot holes.. i was expecting a pay-off at the end... but left the cinema feeling empty and cheated... 😂

ah yes the ending was strangely anti-climatic. Certainly wasn't as drama as what it was built up to be.

If I'm kind, I think it's meant to mirror the actual emotions of confronting someone when u have lot of repressed emotions. Then end up just liddat lor.  -_-

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Watched Ad Astra. Not for everyone, but i quite liked it. 

i watched it when it got released online. first time watch halfway fall asleep. took another seating to finish. i think it is okay though. lol.

Netflix:

Finished seven deadly sins on netflix. Not too bad but need to wait for the rest of the episodes.

Managed to watch the witcher. It was released a few years back but only managed to watch during the ND holidays. i din play the game but quite enjoy it.

Sharman king! Those watch the original anime growing up will know the ending sux. Hopefully this will be better and complete. So far not too bad. 

Amazon prime:

Lochdown. more like a letdown. lol. i hope GT goes back to the tent shows. Specials are getting boring.

Disney:

Jungle cruise. Same like pirates but on amazon river. Too much pirates feel. Maybe Disney is replacing this with pirates after firing Depp.

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

i watched it when it got released online. first time watch halfway fall asleep. took another seating to finish. i think it is okay though. lol.

Netflix:

Finished seven deadly sins on netflix. Not too bad but need to wait for the rest of the episodes.

Managed to watch the witcher. It was released a few years back but only managed to watch during the ND holidays. i din play the game but quite enjoy it.

Sharman king! Those watch the original anime growing up will know the ending sux. Hopefully this will be better and complete. So far not too bad. 

Amazon prime:

Lochdown. more like a letdown. lol. i hope GT goes back to the tent shows. Specials are getting boring.

Disney:

Jungle cruise. Same like pirates but on amazon river. Too much pirates feel. Maybe Disney is replacing this with pirates after firing Depp.

i tot another pirates sequel coming?

14 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Netflix:

Shaman King seems disappointing. I was intro-ed the manga by my friend 20 years ago in uni, but don't think this remake is good.
The author fell sick so the manga was stopped? IIRC.

Gosh Seven Deadly sins started out well for the 1st 10-15, then turned to be rubbish by mid-end of season 1. The ratings just keep dropping every season, understandably so.

17 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

i tot another pirates sequel coming?

yup. but no more sparrow. and i think is a reboot. 

8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Shaman King seems disappointing. I was intro-ed the manga by my friend 20 years ago in uni, but don't think this remake is good.
The author fell sick so the manga was stopped? IIRC.

Gosh Seven Deadly sins started out well for the 1st 10-15, then turned to be rubbish by mid-end of season 1. The ratings just keep dropping every season, understandably so.

the one stopped due to health is Hunter if that's what you are thinking. It's a shame coz the next arc seems interesting. 

Shaman king anime ended before the mangaka can finish the manga. And the manga got to an abrupt end due to contract issues. So both ends sux. lol. i remember there was a add on ending later on which is supposed to bring better closure. Ending good or not, it sure is well received right before the ending and many of us want to go summon ghost. 🤣

i find 7 deadly sins okay. Not the best but not too bad. Story is abit bland but most anime are like that. which part u find rubbish?

4 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

yup. but no more sparrow. and i think is a reboot. 

the one stopped due to health is Hunter if that's what you are thinking. It's a shame coz the next arc seems interesting. 

Shaman king anime ended before the mangaka can finish the manga. And the manga got to an abrupt end due to contract issues. So both ends sux. lol. i remember there was a add on ending later on which is supposed to bring better closure. Ending good or not, it sure is well received right before the ending and many of us want to go summon ghost. 🤣

i find 7 deadly sins okay. Not the best but not too bad. Story is abit bland but most anime are like that. which part u find rubbish?

Ah thanks. Yes that's hunter x hunter.

I used to be quite engrossed back then in the manga. But can't remember much now. Have to watch more i guess. I only watched a bit so far.

for 7 deadly sins, How they defeat each other. turned out to be very Bleach-like. I have stronger emotions than u, so i win...
I mean that's normal for shounen anime, but the story is bland. The fights after the 1st few are just rehashes ...

Diam Diam Era Part 2 is out on netflix. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it's enjoyable to watch with the children. Plan this for the weekend after my daughter finish her study..

• Praise 1