Netflix or others : What are the shows recommended to watch?

Ender

53 minutes ago, Mustank said:

I rather watch satki Indian shows than local drama

rather watch this than ah boy to men

I check the numbers of episodes, i don't dare to start.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

25 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

It's an old show, but I just discovered Netflix's Daredevil.

Probably one of the best shows I've ever got into. And I'm not just talking Marvel shows. It's amazing. If you haven't seen it, watch it!

I have the otherwise lacklustre Hawkeye to thank for getting me intrigued about Kingpin. 

And No Way Home has a nice nod to Daredevil. 

Japanese daredevil  can or not?

https://www.mycarforum.com/forums/topic/2714176-netflix-or-others-what-are-the-shows-recommended-to-watch/?do=findComment&comment=7229222

On 1/4/2022 at 8:18 PM, Fcw75 said:

Still got season 3. Total 24 episodes.

Cheryl Yang nice!

My type of chiobu in this David Tao song.

kym ?

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Ender said:

Haha not sure what that is, but I have watched Zatoichi. 😁

Stick in Daredevil is basically AMDK Zatoichi. 

But so was Blind Fury's Rutger Hauer character. 😂

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 3

华灯初上 is technically very good; photography and music is top notch.

Season 1 - slow (and I mean slow) burn and detailed universe and character building, good acting by the 2 lead actresses

Season 2 - goes off on a tangent after first 2 episodes as they made the plot and characters too complex and convoluted

Not optimistic about Season 3.

anyways, next on my list is 比悲伤更悲伤的故事 影集版

• Praise 5

27 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Season 1 - slow (and I mean slow) burn and detailed universe and character building, good acting by the 2 lead actresses

Season 2 - goes off on a tangent after first 2 episodes as they made the plot and characters too complex and convoluted

Season 2 was not good, too slowwwwww and draggyyyyyy.

Just wanna know who’s the killer in the end.

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Season 2 was not good, too slowwwwww and draggyyyyyy.

Just wanna know who’s the killer in the end.

yeah, seems like they are trying to be too smart about the plot.

then come Season 3 reveal the killer(s) and they say see, I gave all the clues in S1 and S2 already mah. [grin]

• Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Blueray said:

I also like s2.. S1 is guess the victim, S2 is guess the killer.. Tonite I am finishing the last S2 episode.  

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Ender said:

I also like s2.. S1 is guess the victim, S2 is guess the killer.. Tonite I am finishing the last S2 episode.  

after I finished S2, I am not looking forward to S3 already. [crazy]

• Haha! 1

On 1/7/2022 at 8:40 AM, Turboflat4 said:

It's an old show, but I just discovered Netflix's Daredevil.

Probably one of the best shows I've ever got into. And I'm not just talking Marvel shows. It's amazing. If you haven't seen it, watch it!

I have the otherwise lacklustre Hawkeye to thank for getting me intrigued about Kingpin. 

And No Way Home has a nice nod to Daredevil. 

Was it that good? 
I watched a few episodes. Never really got into it.

But then i prefer more lighter fare. Too much moral dilemma, gritty sweat/grime under superhero life stuff I tend to not watch. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Was it that good? 
I watched a few episodes. Never really got into it.

But then i prefer more lighter fare. Too much moral dilemma, gritty sweat/grime under superhero life stuff I tend to not watch. 

Yes, in my opinion. I just finished the second season (no spoilers from anyone out there for the 3rd season please). I fully intend to binge the 3rd season and then move on to The Punisher. I don't expect the latter to be as good, but I want to complete the arc as much as possible. 

But I do understand about not getting into a show. I gave up on Agents of Shield after the first episode. I heard it gets much better, but the aftertaste of that one episode alone makes me wanna puke so bad I can't imagine giving it another shot. 

I'm also a big fan of highly realistic cybercrime/hacking fare. I tried out Mr Robot with the highest of expectations, since everyone seems to be raving about it online. I gave up after barely 3 episodes. It was dull, plodding, derivative and cheesy. I mean, these writers actually think that including lines about Linux desktop environments is supposed to give them 1337 cred? Think again, I've daily driven multiple distros. In contrast, Silicon Valley, despite being a much less talked about tech show and a LOL/ROFLMAO comedy, has *much* more to say about real tech. And is much funnier. And so much better in my opinion. I watched the entire show, all six seasons. 

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Yes, in my opinion. I just finished the second season (no spoilers from anyone out there for the 3rd season please). I fully intend to binge the 3rd season and then move on to The Punisher. I don't expect the latter to be as good, but I want to complete the arc as much as possible. 

But I do understand about not getting into a show. I gave up on Agents of Shield after the first episode. I heard it gets much better, but the aftertaste of that one episode alone makes me wanna puke so bad I can't imagine giving it another shot. 

I'm also a big fan of highly realistic cybercrime/hacking fare. I tried out Mr Robot with the highest of expectations, since everyone seems to be raving about it online. I gave up after barely 3 episodes. It was dull, plodding, derivative and cheesy. I mean, these writers actually think that including lines about Linux desktop environments is supposed to give them 1337 cred? Think again, I've daily driven multiple distros. In contrast, Silicon Valley, despite being a much less talked about tech show and a LOL/ROFLMAO comedy, has *much* more to say about real tech. And is much funnier. And so much better in my opinion. I watched the entire show, all six seasons. 

I found punisher quite engrossing actually. I watched most of S1 though I skipped parts here and there. 

It's the first American series I've watched for a long time. Though I didn't watch season 2 cos I was starting to binge watch it haha . The action is pretty well scripted for a TV show. 

I like western detective or crime solving (not procedural series). Mainly cos the episodes/mini arcs are self contained only within a loose overarching arc. And the hook is in something not emotionally charged. Just something clever or trickery. Fluff is good for me! 

Wah realistic hacking. I think higher chance of getting realistic medical interaction. Though Scrubs and ER have long gone. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 1