Netflix or others : What are the shows recommended to watch?

Ender

WOT is one of the most famous fantasy epics. I need to finish reading the books one day.

stopped somewhere around 7-8.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

WOT is one of the most famous fantasy epics. I need to finish reading the books one day.

I think ard path of daggers, when it took longer than usual to release, a group of us who are into fantansy novels were wondering if we will ever get to read the final conclusion or will robert jordan die first.

In the end, less than a decade later, really RJ passed first.

Now we dare not speculate on song of fire and ice.

1 minute ago, Etnt said:

I think ard path of daggers, when it took longer than usual to release, a group of us who are into fantansy novels were wondering if we will ever get to read the final conclusion or will robert jordan die first.

In the end, less than a decade later, really RJ passed first.

Now we dare not speculate on song of fire and ice.

Not a fan of George Martin.

RJ ok lah. Too wordy. Read until fall asleep.

WOT...tink i read in quick succession up till bk 3, waited ard 1 yr for bk 4, another yr for bk 5 and after tat i gav up....

Wanted to reboot n tried reading it again during covid, can't even complete bk 1   T.T

Edited by zipping

21 minutes ago, zipping said:

WOT...tink i read in quick succession up till bk 3, waited ard 1 yr for bk 4, another yr for bk 5 and after tat i gav up....

Wanted to reboot n tried reading it again during covid, can't even complete bk 1   T.T

I only started reading it later. Pia until book 6/7. Then read one more but really can't remember without the synopsis. And everything is angsty or crazy lol 

14 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I only started reading it later. Pia until book 6/7. Then read one more but really can't remember without the synopsis. And everything is angsty or crazy lol 

After WOT, i make it a point to oni start reading a series/e-book/e-novel oni after it is completed, i was struggling to recall e plots when i was reading bk 5 and when bk 6 is out after abt another yr, i told myself to wait until e series is completed then I'll pick it up again...till now haven't complete reading it yet dispite having e whole series in ebook format.

Oni exception to tis is raymond e feist books, and e series tat started my interest in reading story books 风云小说.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Will keep in mind to read WOT next time when got time.  Last time one of my fav fantasy book series was The Belgariad by David Eddings.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
58 minutes ago, zipping said:

After WOT, i make it a point to oni start reading a series/e-book/e-novel oni after it is completed, i was struggling to recall e plots when i was reading bk 5 and when bk 6 is out after abt another yr, i told myself to wait until e series is completed then I'll pick it up again...till now haven't complete reading it yet dispite having e whole series in ebook format.

Oni exception to tis is raymond e feist books, and e series tat started my interest in reading story books 风云小说.

The 2 initial magician books are classic

18 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

Will keep in mind to read WOT next time when got time.  Last time one of my fav fantasy book series was The Belgariad by David Eddings.

David eddings books are easy to read, but after a while, all his books similar plot one.

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Not a fan of George Martin.

RJ ok lah. Too wordy. Read until fall asleep.

Try terry goodkind, his sword of truth series is an easier read. Though he has passed on also, but the main series is complete.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Etnt said:

The 2 initial magician books are classic

David eddings books are easy to read, but after a while, all his books similar plot one.

Try terry goodkind, his sword of truth series is an easier read. Though he has passed on also, but the main series is complete.

Haha not a fan of Terry goodkind. It turns into a bdsm fest. Think I read quite a number also. At least finished his first 4-5 works. 

Ok lah. I prefer plain and simple entertainment. 

Fight. Some intrigue, bad ass characters, adventure. Too much physical/mind torture/morally ambiguous decisions/betrayal/prose, I'm not a fan. I prefer my entertainment not too gritty haha. 

Raymond e feist the earlier books are classic. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Tkseah said:

Belgariad and elenium were good. 

• Praise 2

On 1/13/2022 at 11:49 AM, Jman888 said:

surprise that one of the newer movies from Taiwan to be shown on Netflix so soon. By 賈靜雯 and @Blueray favorite 王凈 [laugh]

Screenshot_20220113-114613_Netflix.jpg

am looking forward to this too ...

light and entertaining. compact storyline (Inception-like corporate espionage sci fi + romantic comedy) and very good performance by Vivian Sung.

only 20 episodes. 

download (1).jpg

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
10 hours ago, Blueray said:

light and entertaining. compact storyline (Inception-like corporate espionage sci fi + romantic comedy) and very good performance by Vivian Sung.

only 20 episodes. 

download (1).jpg

netflix?