Netflix or others : What are the shows recommended to watch?

Ender

Hypersonic
3 hours ago, Othello said:

2 frumpy old men :D

but actually the premise is similar. Go out walk walk look for food. No storyline whatsoever. 

But watch liao sure re-ignite my love for Japanese food

Wah, my kind of retirement lifestyle. Everyday go around look look see see and then eat and eat...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
On 7/29/2020 at 9:31 AM, Lala81 said:

this is not like the other show right? samurai gourmet or something lol

I didn't enjoy samurai gourmet. Only tahan-ed 1 episode.

Turbocharged
On 7/29/2020 at 10:10 AM, Othello said:

2 frumpy old men :D

but actually the premise is similar. Go out walk walk look for food. No storyline whatsoever. 

But watch liao sure re-ignite my love for Japanese food

You watched Midnight Diner? I like it. Revolves around food and how it is entwined with the lives of those who eat in that diner.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Watched a couple of series recommended by my Daughter, Derry Girls and How to Sell Drugs Online.  The second one is in German.  Both are pretty funny.  Light and entertaining 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

You watched Midnight Diner? I like it. Revolves around food and how it is entwined with the lives of those who eat in that diner.

"Master" !!!

This is Gold !! I enjoyed it very much

• Praise 1

On 7/29/2020 at 10:17 AM, Lala81 said:

But now stuck in SG!

Yeah so sad. Still hoping can make it for my annual Jan Tokyo trip.

Turbocharged

If you like crime and thrillers, check out the baztan Trilogy.  It's Spanish. 

The invisible guardian 

The legacy of the bone

Offering to the storm

Turbocharged

Been watching Jason's market trail on and off. Showcases some of the established Malaysia markets and hawker centers. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
29 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

Been watching Jason's market trail on and off. Showcases some of the established Malaysia markets and hawker centers. 

I like the food show by Jason, aka A Xian.  Had been watching his show Axian Food Adventure and Taste With Jason when they were showing on channel 8 or U last time. 

• Praise 2

On 7/30/2020 at 5:30 PM, Loki said:

Watched a couple of series recommended by my Daughter, Derry Girls and How to Sell Drugs Online.  The second one is in German.  Both are pretty funny.  Light and entertaining 

Thanks for recommendation. Just finished "How to sell drugs online". 👍👍👍

"The Losers"

"The Business of Drugs"

Mission Impossible: Fallout was pretty awesome. The action scenes with more realistic stunts (less CGI compared to modern movies) were great. 
Rebecca Ferguson [gorgeous]

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Hmmm... saw like a interesting show to catch?

At https://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/122326651/britain-loses-hold-on-empire-in-new-drama-series-singapore-grip

The son of a British family living in South East Asia becomes involved in a love triangle in satirical drama The Singapore Grip.

Luke Treadaway makes it clear The Singapore Grip might be set during World War II but it is not a war drama.

Instead, the series – based on the 1978 Booker Prize-winning novel of the same name by J.G. Farrell – is a rather unflattering look at the lives of the British ex-pats who made Singapore their home early last century.

Just like the book – which Treadaway says he hadn’t read until he was cast in the series – the television adaption is satirical.

1596576989438.jpg

However, The Singapore Grip brought extra challenges in that it was filmed in Malaysia (in Kuala Lumpur and Penang) over four hot and humid months last year.