Netflix or others : What are the shows recommended to watch?

Ender

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I don't understand cantonese. But I would have thought u need to be a native chinese/cantonese speaker to understand the jokes. And the humor that Stephen chow perfected is quite unique to Hongkong movies. 

It's like I can't understand Japanese slapstick cos it's based on language puns and cultural references.

Some of the funnies might be lost in translation but I would think majority can be understood in addition to his extravagant use of body language. 

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
47 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Thanks for recommendation.  Watched it this afternoon. Really enjoyed the movie.  Remind me of Eat Drink Man Woman, the emotions bought forth through simple story telling.  🙏🙏🙏

Will put in my to watch list for cny. 

Recommended by the straits times is Korean movie space sweepers and French satire call my agent. Also in my cny watch list. 

Had also watched Taiwanese movie called dear ex 2 days ago. About a gay man, his dead partner's wife and boy. The lead actress gave a great performance. Good story telling too. 

Edited by Kxbc
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

yup chinese odyssey part 1 and 2. "bo luo bo luo mi!"

super classic ... so many newer versions cannot outdo the classic version .... "Only youuuu ... you you you ... "

54 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

super classic ... so many newer versions cannot outdo the classic version .... "Only youuuu ... you you you ... "

I watch every cny more or less. Haha time to rewatch.

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Thanks for recommendation.  Watched it this afternoon. Really enjoyed the movie.  Remind me of Eat Drink Man Woman, the emotions bought forth through simple story telling.  🙏🙏🙏

Glad you liked it bro. Frankly, I was surprised I liked it too. I was expecting those teary jerky taiwan movie but no. It’s really a simple emotional story and good acting by the actresses.

Vivian Hsu still look good. She’s actually older (46) in real life than the elder sister (42) in the movie.

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

Will put in my to watch list for cny. 

Recommended by the straits times is Korean movie space sweepers and French satire call my agent. Also in my cny watch list. 

Had also watched Taiwanese movie called dear ex 2 days ago. About a gay man, his dead partner's wife and boy. The lead actress gave a great performance. Good story telling too. 

The lead actress of Dear Ex is also in Little Big Women. She’s the elder sister in it.

This Taiwan movie about gay, watch if you are not homophobic. 😁

Seen “Your Name Engraved Herein” on Netflix yet?

https://www.netflix.com/title/81287844?s=i&trkid=13747225

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

51 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I watch every cny more or less. Haha time to rewatch.

also on netflix stephen chow Royal Tramp Part 1 & 2 ...

another super classic ... rewatch countless times ... yet still bring back sweet memory [thumbsup] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

9 hours ago, Wt_know said:

also on netflix stephen chow Royal Tramp Part 1 & 2 ...

another super classic ... rewatch countless times ... yet still bring back sweet memory [thumbsup] 

Lol I just watched chi odyssey part one last night 

15 hours ago, zipping said:

My mind kenna white washed liao. Watched too much AMDK sci fi shows, just not used to see a full cast of Asians in space suit.

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
8 minutes ago, Ender said:

My mind kenna white washed liao. Watched too much AMDK sci fi shows, just not used to see a full cast of Asians in space suit.

trailer looks good. cgi looks good and not forced. but i do agree with you an asian face in a space helmet looks different. the robot is by this actor called hai jin. he's very good but he usually gets supporting roles because he does not have the handsome look.

only asian face i remember was li bing bing in a very forgetable sci-fi movie (name forgotten)

10 minutes ago, Ender said:

Still hav some AMDK in e show....imho not a bad shot at sci-fi, e 2 hrs pass quite quickly....just watch n dun dwell too much on e plots n character development....lol

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Kxbc said:

trailer looks good. cgi looks good and not forced. but i do agree with you an asian face in a space helmet looks different. the robot is by this actor called hai jin. he's very good but he usually gets supporting roles because he does not have the handsome look.

only asian face i remember was li bing bing in a very forgetable sci-fi movie (name forgotten)

There is zhang zi yi in the Cloverfield Paradox. Somehow she doesn't fit into the show. The only cast in the show that doesn't speak English. Others talks to her in English, she will reply in mandarin, and somehow everyone understands each other.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 2/7/2021 at 11:20 PM, zipping said:

Just finished watching this. OK movie but nothing exceptional. Expected story flow and ending. Cgi works OK and blends in well.

Can watch but don't put your hopes too high. 

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Just finished watching this. OK movie but nothing exceptional. Expected story flow and ending. Cgi works OK and blends in well.

Can watch but don't put your hopes too high. 

Watched halfway last night. What I like is the sets and CGI that's all.

Was sick yesterday so lied in bed and watched more Netflix than usual. 

There's this older Korean series that I find interesting, Bad boys.

A detective assembles a squad of criminals to catch other criminals. I usually dislike kdrama. But this one is bit dark and kind of savage. 

Just finished watching Partners for justice season 2

Not too bad. Just not sure if there is a season 3

Red was a tad meh .... 

Space sweeper.. not too bad.. great CGI .. any clue how to set the volume louder other then increasing the TV set volume. Mine normally set at 30% for watching CNA. But for netflix , even 100% while watching space sweeper still a tad soft. I suppose the input signal is weak as other shows on netflixs was ok at 40% volume settings.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

Watched I Care A Lot yesterday.

Good movie I would say with Rosamund Pike, the same actress in Gone Girl.

She’s cunning and cold in the movie.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2