Netflix or others : What are the shows recommended to watch?

Ender

14 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Watched I Care A Lot yesterday.

Good movie I would say with Rosamund Pike, the same actress in Gone Girl.

She’s cunning and cold in the movie.

Saw in another Netflix documentary on scams that these caregivers cases are really happening in USA.. kinda twisted for the law to support these scams.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

Saw in another Netflix documentary on scams that these caregivers cases are really happening in USA.. kinda twisted for the law to support these scams.

Yes very scary too. Those guardian pa kad with the doctor then go to a court to get legal rights.

I like Rosamund Pike, she got those cold cunning look yet when she smile 😍

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Finished Season 1 of Izakaya Bottakuri over the weekend.

https://www.netflix.com/sg/title/81344224

Along similar lines as Midnight Diner but not as engaging. Characterization is not as strong. Cast of Midnight Diner have better acting skills.

The focus is on the food and drinks rather than the lives of those izakaya patrons. They will introduce all the alcohol at the end of each episode so alcoholics, REJOICE!!!! Will also have a quick recap of the introduced dishes. Will be good for those who like to prepare small Japanese inspired bites to go with your beer, sake, whisky.

• Praise 3

15 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Probably an old movie, but I just finished watching Aquaman, and it's not too bad. Lots of action.

It was just available in Netflix over the weekend.  Lot's of action but I thought the underwater CGI a bit overdone.. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Almost finished Season 1 of Age of Samurai - Battle for Japan. Just left with 30 min in Episode 6.

Docu-drama on the feudal period circa 1550 to 1600. You might already know some of the famous names, Nobungawa and Tokagawa clan. Oda Nobungawa was dubbed the first unifier of Japan.

Narrated on the side lines by historians but mostly angmos. I wonder why they can't include more Japanese historians instead. Only 3 of them. I can deal with subtitles if the Japanese historians can't speak English.

Pretty much intense and gory scenes over 6 x 45 min episodes for a period spanning 50 over years. Wish for a bit more deep dive into the important characters' characters, way of life, philosophy etc. Overall, the 6 episodes are pretty tight and give you a good highlight of the various battles and the shift of power from 1 daimyo to another.

Got 2 naked ladies too. But back view only. 🤣

• Praise 1

Finishing love, marriage and divorce..

a little slow towards the ending till I change the story line..

I always tell my wife all the fake spoilers when she goes to the fridge..

so before when she comes back Abd ask what did I miss .. I will tell her 

no wonder the older woman couldn’t have kids in her previous marriage because she use to be a man n had a sex change 

..  u can hear a pin drop by the stunned reaction..

it even worst when she finds out the truth unfortunately... 😂 

• Haha! 2

On 3/6/2021 at 9:39 PM, inlinesix said:

I find this is more interesting than the actual race, hee hee

Netflix removed psychedelics & marijuana-themed content in S'pore after written demand from IMDA

Other programmes removed in Singapore

This is not the first time Netflix has had to take down programmes in Singapore.

In 2018, Netflix complied with a demand by IMDA to remove "Cooking on High", "The Legend of 420", and "Disjointed" for drug-related content.

In 2019, Netflix took down Martin Scorsese's film "The Last Temptation of Christ". This film is also banned in Singapore.

In 2020, Netflix removed "The Last Hangover", which is a biblical parody of the film "The Hangover".

Con-Heartist is funny and entertaining 🤣🤣👍. Watched this last night. 

Thai production with English sub-title. 

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3