Netflix or others : What are the shows recommended to watch?

Ender

Would highly recommend "Go Ahead" on Netflix!! ( 以家人之名 in chinese) Its a mainland china drama series that revolves around the themes of family, romance, mental health and growing up. It follows the story of 3 non-blood related siblings and how they grow together and apart as they go through life. Super touching & cried many times over during certain episodes... As someone who is in my mid-20s, there were many scenes/situations that I could relate too as well. I rarely watch chinese dramas but this is legit good. Go watch & let me know what you think!! 😜

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, welik72 said:

Would highly recommend "Go Ahead" on Netflix!! ( 以家人之名 in chinese) Its a mainland china drama series that revolves around the themes of family, romance, mental health and growing up. It follows the story of 3 non-blood related siblings and how they grow together and apart as they go through life. Super touching & cried many times over during certain episodes... As someone who is in my mid-20s, there were many scenes/situations that I could relate too as well. I rarely watch chinese dramas but this is legit good. Go watch & let me know what you think!! 😜

The way you recommend, you can become a movie critic liao. haha. I am sold. I watch!

6 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

The way you recommend, you can become a movie critic liao. haha. I am sold. I watch!

😁😁😁omg do let me know your thoughts when youre done with it!! most people i recommend it to just brush it off cause they lose interest once i tell them its its a mainland chinese drama😂

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, welik72 said:

😁😁😁omg do let me know your thoughts when youre done with it!! most people i recommend it to just brush it off cause they lose interest once i tell them its its a mainland chinese drama😂

Oh. I dun judge. Chinese drama these day the production level is very high. watchable one. hahaha.

now not only got Hollywood, now got Beijing-wood also. haha

Internal Moderator
45 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

I have been noticing this as well. Netflix, why isnt there a warning? As to what I am about to watch? 

netflix-ew-series-gay-characters-gulp-it-down-41663441.jpg.58524a0ca3183dc554467d151129197f.jpg

Maybe I should quit Netflix.

scare ur orientation change ah. 😂

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

scare ur orientation change ah. 😂

No lah. Majority ppl are straight. They know it. So why shove this in our faces?

There is no need to create "awareness". We know they are living among us. 

We can have the liberal option of not seeing such characters. There is the freedom of choice. 

• Praise 1

image.png.623872c0a8461d01ea4c54cb072375c1.png

image.thumb.png.80954c5f6bcf4776b2112faf2301d7de.png

image.png.2a69a131a87ea71a30a2c132ab245dc3.png

image.png.5d90b327c3cbf816d42e3661517c3af6.png

image.png.913d707629b677267cad3dc0ddae5dc2.png

image.png.92e2e22f7ddeabe4b5ad56a4ac5cea29.png

image.png.af039696932593e70b35d74f24a26952.png

Watch Sue Perkins in Japan it's damn funny.

It all SEX SEX SEX.

:D

Got dirty old man go to see young sexy girls shaking their bodies.

Got young boys self service and making mayonnaise and got doggies humping people's legs.

Got life of a trainee Geisha and maid cafes if you like that sort of thing.

• Haha! 2

On 8/24/2021 at 6:57 PM, Watwheels said:

I have been noticing this as well. Netflix, why isnt there a warning? As to what I am about to watch? 

netflix-ew-series-gay-characters-gulp-it-down-41663441.jpg.58524a0ca3183dc554467d151129197f.jpg

Maybe I should quit Netflix.

Yup. Lots of shows like die die try to shoehorn gay couples. Even old, quite conservative shows like new amsterdam suddenly have the female characters lock lips. Should at least put warning. Small kids watching. 

On 8/24/2021 at 10:56 AM, welik72 said:

No wonder my wife has the tissue paper on standby whenever she watches it every night now 😝

Edited by Zoomzoom5535
  • Haha! 1

Recently watched the following shows :

1. In Time (Time is Money. And life) I like the storyline but hope future won't be like this one. 

2. The Intern (Robert De Niro is relaxed and comfy to watch). 

3. Hologram for the King (Tom Hanks is still watchable) 

4. The Invisible Guest (actually saw the Bollywood version of this very nice movie) 

5. Yanxi Palace Princess thingy😅 (Enjoyed the Yanxi Palace more but still OK lah) 

6. De Luna Hotel or something like that.. Korean drama. Quite funny actually. 

7. John Wicks Part 3. Really gory and killing ppl is made so easy. I believe there will be a part 4 from the ending like no ending dialogue. 

Some titles pretty old but I like to take my time to watch. 

Watched The Interpreter halfway. Maybe finish later in the week. Nicole Kidman has very beautiful blue eyes. 😂

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Zoomzoom5535 said:

No wonder my wife has the tissue paper on standby whenever she watches it every night now 😝

Boys usually have tissue papers when watching certain shows too

• Haha! 5

Watching Mr Robot now.  Highly recommend it.  Stars Rami Malek who played Freddie Mercury in the movie Bohemian Rhapsody 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1