Whole car sound proof

AndyHo

Those who did very good Sound Proofing can be excuse in front of our Judge if the Driver run over & kill the Person,can show the Judge his Sound Proofing Work,so cannot hear anything.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

I am also planning to sound proof a portion of my ride. The engine noise from the front compartment is getting louder. Has anyone tried sound proofing the dashboard? Does it reduce the noise level from engine bay? Is it worth investing on? What is the damage like?

1 hour ago, Maxglen said:

I am also planning to sound proof a portion of my ride. The engine noise from the front compartment is getting louder. Has anyone tried sound proofing the dashboard? Does it reduce the noise level from engine bay? Is it worth investing on? What is the damage like?

Instead of doing Sound Proofing,why not find out the cause for the Louder Engine Noise.?Find out the Fault,before the Engine gone Dead...then you no need Sound Proofing..it will be very quiet....because the Engine cannot start liao...!!!

Edited by ER-3682
  • Haha! 1

On 10/3/2021 at 8:55 PM, gk3 said:

Wasn't expecting the same results. This is my first time owning a Korean car and was surprised by the noise level.

Completely different class how to compare. Even the previous model MB B180, B200 are not quiet. 

At least if it is comparing to a Genesis.

Edited by Tohto

Neutral Newbie

If you are given a choice to choose between soundproofing front or rear arch. Which will you go with? I heard some said front arch isn't necessary as the engine itself is already heavy to press the tyre on the road and doesn't produce much noise.

5 minutes ago, Davidklt said:

If you need to sound proof your car, you did not buy the right car.

Not exactly a fair point I think.

Some may just find it satisfying to find improvements in their cars after some diys or after making their pockets lighter, even if they did buy the car that was right for most purposes. 

Manufacturers may not soundproof the cars adequately due to budget limitations or to compete on other more visible features. So if owners wish to do a little more, it doesn't mean they have bought the wrong car. 

Would also not mind doing some soundproofing to make the music in my car sound better or to make it less noisy on rainy days.

Whatever fits the wallet. 

• Praise 2

Personally, i would only soundproof the car if i was also adding extensive ICE, as this would make everything sound better.

If you only want a silent, or more silent car, the more cost efficient way is to get a pair of good TWS earbuds that you can hear at least a bit of the environment., like airpods pro or sony linkbuds. Shouldn't totally cut out external sounds/noises as it is a big part of being aware of your surroundings.

Twincharged

I would never sound proof a swift sport or Mazda Miata. The manufacturer took efforts to reduce the weight. Only for you to cock it up by adding more. 🫣

• Haha! 1

While it isn't possible to have a completely Sound Damping vehicle, there are ways to reduce — or dampen — annoying noises and enhance the sound system. Outside noise gets in through the tail lights, license plates, panels, doors, hood and trunk.

Edited by tekfurwalnius
mistake

On 9/21/2023 at 4:11 PM, Jamesc said:

I soundproof my whole car

but still got annoying noises.

My MIL at the back!

:D

IMHO.

Maybe try Sony WH1000XM5.🤔

Why this topic come back again. You like you do lah. Doing SP definitely got different as I can tell you. My ride has 4 doors, boot all SP with the memory foam rubber tube inserted into the doors seal and I am a happy man.

To make it totally no so sound is not possible. But each time I am home and I start driving after the noisy Fortuner here. It is already tonnes of differences liao. 

• Praise 1

On 9/21/2023 at 6:06 PM, Arogab said:

Why this topic come back again. You like you do lah. Doing SP definitely got different as I can tell you. My ride has 4 doors, boot all SP with the memory foam rubber tube inserted into the doors seal and I am a happy man.

To make it totally no so sound is not possible. But each time I am home and I start driving after the noisy Fortuner here. It is already tonnes of differences liao. 

Agree with what you mentioned.

I did 2 layers (vibration damper + noise insulation) for the full floor, 3 layers (vibration damper + noise insulation + noise absorber) for the 4 doors, vibration damper for the front wheel arches and fenders. While my Honda Shuttle is still noisy, I would say that the road noises and noises of the passing trucks/motorcycles have reduced quite significantly.

When I drove down KJE towards PIE on the weekend after I did soundproofing, my wife out of the blue asked me how come the car seemed to be quieter than before. I did not tell my wife that I did soundproofing, if not she would nag and say I anyhow spent money. I just told her that it was probably because of the new tyres (she knew I replaced the worn-out tyres). 😜

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1