Whole car sound proof

AndyHo

I ever driven my boss LS460 on a few occasions to leng kee. Hmm boring..but powerful. Boring as to the sense so quiet that I can even hear my boss snoring sound from the rear..fxxk.

See. The car is so quiet that it puts your boss to sleep. No wonder he made you drive.

↡ Advertisement

See. The car is so quiet that it puts your boss to sleep. No wonder he made you drive.

Lexus service centre got chicken rice (I mean real chicken rice not those chicken without rice type), Nasi lemak. Sometime noya kuek as well.

Bro, 

2k looks rather ok but you need to consider your make too. If internal is the placstic type that causes the noise. Then no point. I used to have a Subaru Impreza, after doing all the SP. I still got angry and sell the car after 1 year plus. Lucky thing was my COE at that time only $869.

Did that for my Camry too and is better. But you also need to differenciate the different noise cut off and those that cannot be cut off. 

Now I got my ES250, 2 years down the road. I only had the 4 dorrs and boot done with redwind tubes. It is perfect, honestly can just hear tyres and engine noise plus the loud car out there. but that already spent $1470 without doing the undercarriage and wheels well. 

So different scenario for you to consider......

• Praise 1

TS young and single?

If married I don't see the point to sound proof the car.

To wifey...huh...huh...what did you said..huh..can't hear you..

• Praise 2

TS young and single?

To wifey MIL...huh...huh...what did you said..huh..can't hear you..

Edited by Buadongdong
  • Praise 5

TS young and single?

To wifey...huh...huh...what did you said..huh..can't hear you..

To each his own, My Bro in Law just got 2 new camera around 5k and as he keep saying no money to spend, the wife sarpok.

For me.....poor thing, do the SP got to use personal money cos CFO at home say everything no need to spend, if I don't spend, she will enjoy meh. Haha.....

My friend wife too... He want buy this buy that wife say dont waste money. After bypass want to by a watch, wife say dont waste money.. But wife will ask him go back china 2weeks,go cruise go holiday... Kns

Turbocharged

I did the front wheel arc and 4 drs + redwind tubes...abt $1k iirc. I’m quite happy with the results. It cut down a little bit of the outside noise...damp a little bit of the engine noise...reduce a little bit of the overall vibration...all added up...both my wife n I also can feel the diff lor.

But...more quiet will make all rattling noise becomes more obvious...even the stupid Thinkware cam’s ON/OFF switch creating the rattling noise also can be heard...I hv to use scotch tape to tape it. Lol...

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

Thanks all for the feedback, i think afterall no point spending 2k in this...

Last time i drove nissan latio... very quiet, like conti car... now changed to sienta, sound very nosiy... volume up radio also no use...

Last time when I mentioned latio very quiet, no one believed me as it is just a B&B car.
  • Praise 3

If you think about it, there's a reason why the bulk of the UK car industry died... Now you only have Rolls Royce, Aston Martin and MINI left. MG Rover was sold off to the Chinese.

The former for people with more money than cents/ sense, because it's a car to be chauffeured in, not to enjoy as the driver.

The 2nd for James Bond wannabes.

The latter for people who think they're in the Italian Job.

Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, Mini, Bentley, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lotus, Vauxhall are all sold. 

Those that are left are not mainstream producers like Ariel, Morgan?

↡ Advertisement