Huawei Mate 20 Pro / Leica Camera

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

Hi all. So over the weekend this happened. I bid farewell to my exactly a year old iPhone 8 Plus.

post-107101-0-18027800-1549852499_thumb.jpg

post-107101-0-92507600-1549852490_thumb.jpg

My circles.life sim card survived apparently. But having not back up my iCloud for awhile.... there goes everything else inside. Including contacts.

post-107101-0-87340700-1549852495_thumb.jpg

Too heartbroken to going back to being an Apple user, though no fault of Apple's, I bite the bullet and went for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro. My first android in years. No research done on this phone except constantly impressed by @steveluv's vacation pictures taken by the Huawei.

post-107101-0-25213500-1549852726_thumb.jpg

post-107101-0-03590300-1549852738_thumb.jpg

Huawei users fall in here! What's good about this phone, tips and tricks to use the camera correctly, reasonably priced tempered glass for the curved screen, solid phone casing etc. Please share with a total noob here!  [:(]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 15

With all the spying claim, I hope Huawei phone don't auto turn on by itself, take comprising pictures and send it to China. [laugh]

• Praise 1

With all the spying claim, I hope Huawei phone don't auto turn on by itself, take comprising pictures and send it to China. [laugh]

just dun let the phone face your bed at night   [laugh]

my SIL original charger exploded and melt right before her on her work desk.

@jamesc buying for MIL NAOOOOOOOOO...
  • Praise 4

I'm using normal P20 cos i prefer the smaller size.

The camera is good but sometimes overdoes the AI thing, eg. giving you bokeh effect when you don't want it. Just a matter of selecting the right modes for the type of shot you want to take. 95% of the time i just let it do it's thing. 

Overall pretty happy with the phone. Was previously using samsung galaxy 5/6/7 and sony xperia.

• Praise 4

I'm using normal P20 cos i prefer the smaller size.

The camera is good but sometimes overdoes the AI thing, eg. giving you bokeh effect when you don't want it. Just a matter of selecting the right modes for the type of shot you want to take. 95% of the time i just let it do it's thing.

Overall pretty happy with the phone. Was previously using samsung galaxy 5/6/7 and sony xperia.

The m20p is not really that big... In fact, the width is smaller than the mate9.

The height is the same and thickness is about there also.

Diff is the mate9 got thick bezel.

When I ordered the m20p online, I was expecting something like the xiaomi mi-max sized device... But then came something smaller than my mate9.

• Praise 1

The m20p is not really that big... In fact, the width is smaller than the mate9.

The height is the same and thickness is about there also.

Diff is the mate9 got thick bezel.

When I ordered the m20p online, I was expecting something like the xiaomi mi-max sized device... But then came something smaller than my mate9.

Mate 20 Pro is definitely narrower than Mate 9. Mate 20X is the one that's bigger than Mate 9, it falls under the humongous territory. [laugh]

I upgraded from Mate 9 to Mate 20X and no regrets. Only thing is people commenting, can you put that phone in your pocket? Oh yah, I forgot, you have deep pockets.  [furious] Tio suan.

• Praise 3

Mate 20 Pro is definitely narrower than Mate 9. Mate 20X is the one that's bigger than Mate 9, it falls under the humongous territory. [laugh]

I upgraded from Mate 9 to Mate 20X and no regrets. Only thing is people commenting, can you put that phone in your pocket? Oh yah, I forgot, you have deep pockets. [furious] Tio suan.

I was deciding BTW the m20p vs the m20x ... But specs win over size for me... Especially when paying so much for it.

I was deciding BTW the m20p vs the m20x ... But specs win over size for me... Especially when paying so much for it.

Me too. But it was the other way round. Paying more for curved screen which may turn green, under-screen fingerprint reader which is not friendly to screen protectors, I decided to go with 20X so that I get the same camera as 20 pro.

Me too. But it was the other way round. Paying more for curved screen which may turn green, under-screen fingerprint reader which is not friendly to screen protectors, I decided to go with 20X so that I get the same camera as 20 pro.

I never liked those finger print scanners... So I stick to passcodes and facial recognition... Works well on both phones. Did not set up fingerprint unlock also.

Only difference is on the m9, the phone will just unlock and go into the desktop whereas on the m20p, after unlocking, you still need to swipe the screen to get to the desktop.

Edited by Ysc3
↡ Advertisement