Huawei Mate 20 Pro / Leica Camera

BabyBlade

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/12/20691453/huawei-mate-x-5g-release-date-china-italy-uae-android

Huawei’s first 5G phone is launching this month

Coming to markets including China, the UAE and Italy

By Jon Porter@JonPorty  

Jul 12, 2019, 4:39am EDT

post-235536-0-84619200-1562955883_thumb.png

China on July 26th, while VentureBeat notes that the phone is currently available to preorder from Amazon’s Italian site with a release date of July 22nd, and will be available in the UAE on July 12th.

The Huawei Mate 20 X 5G is very similar to the existing Mate 20 X externally, with the same 7.2-inch screen, and trio of rear cameras. However, internally its components have been upgraded slightly to handle the demands of its 5G Balong 5000 modem. Most notably, the battery has been increased from 4,200mAh to 5,000mAh, its RAM has increased from 6GB to 8GB, and its storage has been boosted from 128GB to 256GB.

In other countries the release of Huawei’s first 5G handset is more uncertain thanks to the company’s continued presence on the USA’s Entity List, which has caused Google to suspend its Android license. In the UK, Huawei had originally intended to release it in June, but the handset was subsequently dropped from the 5G launches of both EE and Vodafone.

There are signs that the Trump administration could be set to ease restrictions on Huawei, but there are still ongoing questions about how this will affect its future phones. For now, US officials have said that Huawei will remain on the Entity List, but that it will issue licenses and allow US companies to trade with Huawei “where there is no threat to US national security.” However, it’s currently unclear what impact this would have on Huawei’s use of Android and ARM-based chipsets, for example.

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator

After using my Mate 20 Pro since 2019, I'm finally gonna say goodbye to it! Just ordered the new iPhone 15. I still love my Huawei, still think it is the best phone I've ever used but ever since Donald Trump did us dirty, there was no point in getting a new Huawei anymore. 

4 years of Huawei, my phone is still working fine, only my buttons are not working, battery life has suffered tremendously but that's quite expected and honestly still doing a lot better than other Apple or Samsung phones I've had. 

Goodbye Huawei Mate 20 Pro! Still love you. I'm sentimental. 😔

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

On 9/30/2023 at 9:32 AM, BabyBlade said:

After using my Mate 20 Pro since 2019, I'm finally gonna say goodbye to it! Just ordered the new iPhone 15. I still love my Huawei, still think it is the best phone I've ever used but ever since Donald Trump did us dirty, there was no point in getting a new Huawei anymore. 

4 years of Huawei, my phone is still working fine, only my buttons are not working, battery life has suffered tremendously but that's quite expected and honestly still doing a lot better than other Apple or Samsung phones I've had. 

How much you selling at carouhell?my fren Kelvin assking...😁

• Haha! 5

ya.. Huawei Mate is good.. been using Mate 10 and 20.

also just retired my Mate 20 last month after 4 year+ usage due to the power button not working well. Battery life still ok for me. Can last for a day, probably cos not a power user.

Your mate 20pro has the same power button issue?

me still stick to Android but not Samsung.. their battery can’t make it after a year of usage.

Can sell your used fone to the highest bidder here.. my frd say one..

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
On 9/30/2023 at 12:49 PM, Credor said:

ya.. Huawei Mate is good.. been using Mate 10 and 20.

also just retired my Mate 20 last month after 4 year+ usage due to the power button not working well. Battery life still ok for me. Can last for a day, probably cos not a power user.

Your mate 20pro has the same power button issue?

me still stick to Android but not Samsung.. their battery can’t make it after a year of usage.

All my buttons stopped working already. Hardware failure 😂 Can't power off, can't adjust the volume buttons. Hahaha. Video/camera quality became so bad as well. I would so get a Huawei again if not for our friend Donald honestly. 

↡ Advertisement