Airbus stops production of A380

Jamesc

3 hours ago, Victor68 said:

Not so efficient during boarding and disembarking due to the number of passengers in my opinion. Service also affected. 

....... Baggage claim take damn long when arriving ... or maybe just my bad luck both ways (oh! well there were also many other pax waiting also at the belts )

10 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

....... Baggage claim take damn long when arriving ... or maybe just my bad luck both ways (oh! well there were also many other pax waiting also at the belts )

guess depends on airport and airport infrastructure.

for HK, SQ A380 parks near the terminal building central area and bags are out in 20 mins.

Edited by Blueray

4 engined jets went out of fashion with the rise in aviation fuel prices, and the need to cut servicing costs to survive. More engines means more engines to service at the required intervals.

I will always remember by one and only A380 flight to NZ on biz class. Huge cabin space, huger personal area and the self-service circular bar/snack bar at the back of biz was well stocked with snacks and drinks. I mingled with other insomniacs and the journey was less boring. This jet is panacea for my fear of long flights.

The end of the mega jet era. 

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Hope they will still be flying around for a while before they totally stop flying. I love the quiet flight

SQ ones have been refurbished. So should be around for another 10 years.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Airlines reinstate decommissioned A380 planes as travel demand surge.

:D 

This means things would be slowly getting back to 75% of normal traveling in 2023 😉

Hainan Island, Wen Zhang village, wait for me ... 😎

• Praise 1

Flights are all super full. There should be scope to get these big Malaysian, Thai, BA 380's all back in the air again at least the five-years till next reno is required.

SQ are trying to charge me $800+ for an economy class ticket to Jakarta at the end of February...... more capacity PLEASE!!

• Shocked 1

19 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

This means things would be slowly getting back to 75% of normal traveling in 2023 😉

Hainan Island, Wen Zhang village, wait for me ... 😎

Visa-free travel to China has not been reinstated.

In addition, i don't think they issue any tourist visa now

• Sad 1