Advice on exhaust.

OneyeKing

Hi

My car is a Fabia Combi fra 2009.

I have a small issue.

Since I don't know the exact name, I'm going to call it the "Curtain"...the plastic cover that you pull out to cover the trunk.

When you pull the "curtain" to cover the trunk and its contents, it is held in place by some sort of small plastic device or clip in each side. It cliks in place, and to release it, you just press down on the little handle, and it retracts back in place in the rollup. I hope I'm making sense... :)

One of these plastic hooks or whatever holds it in place has broken somehow, so the curtain is now only held in one side, which results in it rolling back up after a while.

I'd like it to stay in place, since I keep some spearfishing gear in the trunk that I don't want people of "lesser morals" to be tempted by if they come upon my car in the middle of the night.

So my question is, can this be fixed? What is the "curtain" actually called, and how simple an operation is it?

Appreciate any help :)

The curtain is mostly called "Rear boot cover" "Boot Shield Cover"

Need to see how the clip to advice better.

I'm driving subaru impreza 2008 1.5r 5d, gh3. Can kakimoto regu 06 fit?

Previous owner tell me its LTA Compliant on GH8.

can fit but cannot pass inspection also no good.

22 hours ago, jessenchan said:

do we need change the header for the better performance ?

if not driving performance car, no need waste all these $.

no diff 1.

save the $ for a performance car lah

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
On 3/27/2020 at 8:30 PM, jessenchan said:

do we need change the header for the better performance ?

if you are looking for performance-wise, the header will not do much. You should work on your intake. More cold air = more denser air.

But if you change header, your exhaust will definitely sound nicer. 🙂 

• Praise 3

17 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

if you are looking for performance-wise, the header will not do much. You should work on your intake. More cold air = more denser air.

I will say IHE goes in tandem. If you just change any one of two, the result isn't worth it. Many 'modders' change just in-take and exhaust.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
11 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

I will say IHE goes in tandem. If you just change any one of two, the result isn't worth it. Many 'modders' change just in-take and exhaust.

IHE = Intake, Header, Exhaust.

Just in case anyone is asking. hahah.

• Haha! 1

On 3/29/2020 at 7:18 AM, kobayashiGT said:

so the header wont do any improvement for performance ?

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
7 minutes ago, jessenchan said:

Will lah. but your air intake is still the same volumetric. Horsepower is made by combustion, so combustion have air, spark and fuel. You increase any of these 3 element, you should see the performance gains.

For header, you are making the air flow better. With the same volumetric, it will only improve by abit.

Best is what @Discoburg have mention, is a complete set. Intake, header and exhaust.

You can breathe more air, you need a straighter pipe, then need a bigger butt to fart also. 🤣

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, jessenchan said:

Unless it's a turbo car or adding a turbo, don't bother with mod lah! Easier to change the car to one with the horsepower you want without mod. 

Like no point asking an ugly GF go for comestic surgeries. Just start off with a natural beauty.

• Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Unless it's a turbo car or adding a turbo, don't bother with mod lah! Easier to change the car to one with the horsepower you want without mod. 

Like no point asking an ugly GF go for comestic surgeries. Just start off with a natural beauty.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
10 hours ago, William_jack said:

save more money for get a new and better one

Some ppl just like to mod car. Like me! what is the fun of getting a fast car without some hands on?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 3/29/2020 at 8:18 AM, kobayashiGT said:

The performance for NA is still insignificant even if you mod the CAI. Modern cars using computers have air sensors at the intake and exhaust as feedback to tell the computer how much fuel to be used for combustion. The air to fuel ratio is fixed, having more air but not enough fuel...it's pointless, your engine will just run lean(overheat). The capacity for your fuel injectors has its limits. Modding the CAI just do nothing much.

The size of your air intake manifold have to increase. To replace the fuel injectors with ones that have bigger cc and a bigger cc high pressure fuel pump. A bigger fuel rail. Throttle body size to increase. Engine re-mapping after all the hardware changes. LoL...a host of stuff. A NA engine is not easy to mod.

It's just like modding your nostrils to be bigger but the size of your lungs are fixed.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2