Advice on exhaust.

OneyeKing

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Quite shocking to know that without an open pod and header change you can experience the difference in performance other then noise level. Usually it’s placebo.

i think its due to the mid pipe being less restrictive, type r mid pipe does not have this extra “box thing” that my stock mid pipe probably. Photo shows the stock mid pipe on top, type r mid pipe below.

Or maybe its just the placebo effect due to the louder bassy noise 🤣

76431432-653D-4D4A-B483-15B0DF0F7D3B.jpeg

0AB59C3D-E6AF-4A3C-A880-2E2ACF903EC1.jpeg

Edited by Confusedboi
↡ Advertisement

4 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

i think its due to the mid pipe being less restrictive, type r mid pipe does not have this extra “box thing” that my stock mid pipe probably. Photo shows the stock mid pipe on top, type r mid pipe below.

Or maybe its just the placebo effect due to the louder bassy noise 🤣

76431432-653D-4D4A-B483-15B0DF0F7D3B.jpeg

0AB59C3D-E6AF-4A3C-A880-2E2ACF903EC1.jpeg

I understand the mid pipe is less restrictive but the header and intake is not replaced. Intake is still small so mid pipe less restrictive also useless leh. Anyway it’s my own logic, me no automotive engineer so I’m not right.

Now at man exhaust to swap back stock exhaust system. Man told me someone came in this morning who had fd2 like me  who had changed to full type r exhaust system from header to muffler. Initially passed inspection 2 weeks ago, later on got call from LTA to go back for inspection as they send photo of stock fd2 exhaust muffler which has two small pipes instead of one big pipe.  In the end failed inspection even though no welding at all.

• Haha! 1

22 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

Now at man exhaust to swap back stock exhaust system. Man told me someone came in this morning who had fd2 like me  who had changed to full type r exhaust system from header to muffler. Initially passed inspection 2 weeks ago, later on got call from LTA to go back for inspection as they send photo of stock fd2 exhaust muffler which has two small pipes instead of one big pipe.  In the end failed inspection even though no welding at all.

Header to muffler, now that's a complete exhaust system and you can feel the effect.

18 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

NA car no need waste money. Gain is not fantastic.

Just step more on the accelerator to go faster. 

It depends what NA car.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

NA car no need waste money. Gain is not fantastic.

Just step more on the accelerator to go faster. 

Agree 100%. only makes the car boom boom to annoy neighbours and makes them complain. 

Want to mod, should start with a turbo/supercharged car.

• Praise 4

On 5/22/2021 at 11:34 AM, Confusedboi said:

Tried my luck go inspection without changing back to stock exhaust mid pipe, as expected failed inspection 😪, only because of the welding did the inspection failed. Need to go find man exhaust again to swap back to stock mid pipe and see if can just use the type r muffler without type r midpipe that got welded.

7D95F18D-D92E-4F66-A42A-EC6F63AFDE05.jpeg

so they are quite strict on cutting of cat conv?
think to cut and remove for better flow actually. [cool]

5 minutes ago, Jumpmanz said:

so they are quite strict on cutting of cat conv?
think to cut and remove for better flow actually. [cool]

didnt cut the cat converter per se, just extended midpipe to  connect to the cat converter, got welding marks thats why  cant pass.

If  decat i think sure will fail

2 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

didnt cut the cat converter per se, just extended midpipe to  connect to the cat converter, got welding marks thats why  cant pass.

If  decat i think sure will fail

Yah decat likely fail because the welding marks will be pretty obvious too.
too bad my model only had muffler, nothing much to play with.

On 5/26/2021 at 10:17 PM, Confusedboi said:

oh what model is your car? so you using the legal muffler i guess?

Yup driving GK8 shuttle. went for HKS muffler as the tanabe one dont look so good.

On 5/23/2021 at 3:56 PM, Volvobrick said:

Agree 100%. only makes the car boom boom to annoy neighbours and makes them complain. 

Want to mod, should start with a turbo/supercharged car.

i started with a car that is both turbo and supercharged heheheheheh, quite fun to change stuff and see the effect (e.g upgrade the turbo)

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

On 2/11/2022 at 12:12 PM, Vickyyaso2000 said:

Any shuttle drivers dekitting or selling of Tanabe Exhaust?

Jeep chee carry it. But heard not much stocks.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I am a newbie here,i like to ask if anyone know if there any aftermarket legal exhaust for hyundai elantra 2017 AD?Need advise thank you very much!

↡ Advertisement