Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5th Gear (edited)
5 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Quite shocking to know that without an open pod and header change you can experience the difference in performance other then noise level. Usually it’s placebo.

i think its due to the mid pipe being less restrictive, type r mid pipe does not have this extra “box thing” that my stock mid pipe probably. Photo shows the stock mid pipe on top, type r mid pipe below.

Or maybe its just the placebo effect due to the louder bassy noise 🤣

76431432-653D-4D4A-B483-15B0DF0F7D3B.jpeg

0AB59C3D-E6AF-4A3C-A880-2E2ACF903EC1.jpeg

Edited by Confusedboi
↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
4 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

i think its due to the mid pipe being less restrictive, type r mid pipe does not have this extra “box thing” that my stock mid pipe probably. Photo shows the stock mid pipe on top, type r mid pipe below.

Or maybe its just the placebo effect due to the louder bassy noise 🤣

76431432-653D-4D4A-B483-15B0DF0F7D3B.jpeg

0AB59C3D-E6AF-4A3C-A880-2E2ACF903EC1.jpeg

I understand the mid pipe is less restrictive but the header and intake is not replaced. Intake is still small so mid pipe less restrictive also useless leh. Anyway it’s my own logic, me no automotive engineer so I’m not right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear

Now at man exhaust to swap back stock exhaust system. Man told me someone came in this morning who had fd2 like me  who had changed to full type r exhaust system from header to muffler. Initially passed inspection 2 weeks ago, later on got call from LTA to go back for inspection as they send photo of stock fd2 exhaust muffler which has two small pipes instead of one big pipe.  In the end failed inspection even though no welding at all.

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
22 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

Now at man exhaust to swap back stock exhaust system. Man told me someone came in this morning who had fd2 like me  who had changed to full type r exhaust system from header to muffler. Initially passed inspection 2 weeks ago, later on got call from LTA to go back for inspection as they send photo of stock fd2 exhaust muffler which has two small pipes instead of one big pipe.  In the end failed inspection even though no welding at all.

Header to muffler, now that's a complete exhaust system and you can feel the effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic

NA car no need waste money. Gain is not fantastic.

 

Just step more on the accelerator to go faster. 

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
18 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

NA car no need waste money. Gain is not fantastic.

Just step more on the accelerator to go faster. 

It depends what NA car.

 

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

NA car no need waste money. Gain is not fantastic.

 

Just step more on the accelerator to go faster. 

Agree 100%. only makes the car boom boom to annoy neighbours and makes them complain. 

Want to mod, should start with a turbo/supercharged car.

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5th Gear
On 5/22/2021 at 11:34 AM, Confusedboi said:

Tried my luck go inspection without changing back to stock exhaust mid pipe, as expected failed inspection 😪, only because of the welding did the inspection failed. Need to go find man exhaust again to swap back to stock mid pipe and see if can just use the type r muffler without type r midpipe that got welded.

7D95F18D-D92E-4F66-A42A-EC6F63AFDE05.jpeg

so they are quite strict on cutting of cat conv?
think to cut and remove for better flow actually. [cool]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
5 minutes ago, Jumpmanz said:

so they are quite strict on cutting of cat conv?
think to cut and remove for better flow actually. [cool]

didnt cut the cat converter per se, just extended midpipe to  connect to the cat converter, got welding marks thats why  cant pass.

If  decat i think sure will fail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
2 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

didnt cut the cat converter per se, just extended midpipe to  connect to the cat converter, got welding marks thats why  cant pass.

If  decat i think sure will fail

Yah decat likely fail because the welding marks will be pretty obvious too.
too bad my model only had muffler, nothing much to play with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×