Advice on exhaust.

OneyeKing

3 hours ago, boonhat_91 said:

No doubt titanium exhaust systems exist and are lighter than SS, but I don't think I've seen an entire exhaust system made of carbon fibre. In fact the Akra tips or mufflers I noticed - correct me if I'm wrong - are still metal but wrapped in an additional layer of carbon.

I think a lot of the Akraprovic exhaust tips you see locally are just tips and not the full muffler. Taobao selling lots of them.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

Loud but car barely moves. Don't waste money lah... Save it for a better car. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
31 minutes ago, boby said:

Loud but car barely moves. Don't waste money lah... Save it for a better car. 

Erm. personal preference I think. Sometimes loud exhaust can save lives too!

s-l300.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Erm. personal preference I think. Sometimes loud exhaust can save lives too!

s-l300.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

The cheapest exo mod is more onion intake...you know wat I mean...sure pass LTA but not NEA...

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
9 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

The cheapest exo mod is more onion intake...you know wat I mean...sure pass LTA but not NEA...

Must wear better "filter" underwear also. Sometimes, you might have pops and crackles. 🤣

• Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Must wear better "filter" underwear also. Sometimes, you might have pops and crackles. 🤣

No KnN high flow then...

• Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Jimmy_Jetro said:

Thinking of operating my stock downpipe to high flow cat. Can it pass inspection? Anyone can advise? Thanks!

don't take forummers word for it, ask the workshop that is changing for you. See what's their answer. Even then, if fail its your problem, not the workshopo. Geddit ? 

• Haha! 1

LoL... the comments are really "good" but to be honest when LTA is so keen on the latest emission standard like Euro6 you can forget about whether exhaust mod can pass or not. It goes w/o asking.

IMO even if guys buy a better performance car they will still want to mod the exhaust system.

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

they will still want to mod the exhaust system.

Very very  very true.

Many ppl mod their car not for the  performance.  More for look and the skin  /backside itchy. 

They just had to change  their  car abit different. If not  they  buay song.  Change brake system. Change  rim. Coil over. Change to after market steel wire air filter bababa

They  can upgrade from a 1.4 honda. To a 2.0t a4. They  still wanna mod that A4😂

Edited by Beregond
  • Haha! 3

5 hours ago, Beregond said:

Very very  very true.

Many ppl mod their car not for the  performance.  More for look and the skin  /backside itchy. 

They just had to change  their  car abit different. If not  they  buay song.  Change brake system. Change  rim. Coil over. Change to after market steel wire air filter bababa

They  can upgrade from a 1.4 honda. To a 2.0t a4. They  still wanna mod that A4😂

Most of the times these dodders just wanna spend money, Wife spent on Chanel and Hermes, husband spend on cars and watches.

• Haha! 2

Yesterday night I just bought stock Honda Civic fd2 type r exhaust muffler plus mid pipe with cat converter from existing type r owner. Where can I go to fix this exhaust, heard man exhaust  is good and cheaper fees ? My existing car is Honda Civic fd2a. Plan to use type r exhaust System instead of mugen or hkS exhaust  muffler system since I’m on budget.

C50E0A77-9BA6-4D47-8C1D-DB61C398426E.jpeg

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

Yesterday night I just bought stock Honda Civic fd2 type r exhaust muffler plus mid pipe with cat converter from existing type r owner. Where can I go to fix this exhaust, heard man exhaust  is good and cheaper fees ? My existing car is Honda Civic fd2a. Plan to use type r exhaust System instead of mugen or hkS exhaust  muffler system since I’m on budget.

Any car workshop will be able to swop out the exhaust system for you.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

Okays noted thanks. Can’t wait to install and hear the difference 

Boom boom! Just make sure don't do it at 5 am everyday in and Multi Storey CP! 

• Haha! 6

On 2/1/2021 at 8:17 PM, Confusedboi said:

Is it legal to do that? Putting a 2R exhaust on a 2A.

Ya, man is good. Another one is the popular FK.