Do you believe in the Supernatural?

StreetFight3r

That's why Rolls Royce and some Christian churches stop using ghost and now use spirit but its the same thing.

Rolls Royce used to call their cars Silver Ghost and changed to Silver Spirit.

Actually Rolls Royce still has a Ghost model. 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/main/searchlanding.php?section=all&MOD=Rolls-Royce%20Ghost&gclid=CjwKCAiA767jBRBqEiwAGdAOr_h1SGXPoZIKJAlxbqPWpfsXrgAxSAW1jH6PzzTMWHGsuJ2Eh_uQqhoC0aYQAvD_BwE

2018-rolls-royce-ghost-review.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

But ghost frighten people.

They should use Spirit or Shadow or Phantom or something.

It looks nice though.

:D

I always wonder why RR called their car as Ghost?

The name Silver Ghost was originally given because it was a very quiet car (for it's time) and it was silver. 

The car was named the "Silver Ghost" to emphasise its ghost-like quietness

Thereafter, the name stuck and RR just rolled with it with different entities since Ghost/Spirits/Phantoms/Wraiths move around silently. 

Edited by Mockngbrd

What one in a million?

I heard so many people tell about their ghost story.

I have never heard of met anyone that strike toto more than $40.

So more people have supernatural experience than strike toto.

Now I suspect that ghost exist but toto winners do not.

I'll be the first for u to know I won over $40... $60 and that was over 10 years ago
  • Praise 1

There could be many ways to explain it. From a psychologist and hallucination viewpoint, they appear as what you imagine them to look like in your head. From a ghost's viewpoint, if you become a ghost, what will you be dressing in ?

My parents go China fairly frequently for holiday.

Years ago, they went to this hotel/resort which is quite out of the way (there was some safari theme + got a big performing circus). 

This is weekday off-season so the hotel is really quiet at night (It's more of a weekend destination for domestic tourists).

They got a room and checked in. And there was a balcony. So my mum went out on the balcony in the evening, and there was this woman standing on an opposite balcony looking at her. Not like looking around at the view etc, just staring at her. She felt it maybe paranormal, so quickly go back inside.

Later they checked with the reception who told them that their entire level only their room is occupied.

Then few years ago, they went yunnan. 

At one of the cities, my mum kept feeling someone touching her leg while she was sleeping. And my dad had one of those mini sleep paralysis incidents in the same hotel.

Another city, the hotel was an old one. My mum put her watch on the bedside table (just a regular battery operated analog dial watch). Then she went to do some other thing and heard a loud sound. Her watch had flipped over 180 degrees and stopped moving.

In the same hotel, their tour group companions had seen some figures in the toilet and at the foot of the bed ... these people changed rooms and didn't dare to sleep much for the remainder of the 2 night stay.

My mum and dad are taoists/buddhists but they aren't particularly religious. And my mum never encountered anything since their staying in a farm in the 1970s. So it's hard for me to be skeptical about all these.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

My parents go China fairly frequently for holiday.

Years ago, they went to this hotel/resort which is quite out of the way (there was some safari theme + got a big performing circus). 

This is weekday off-season so the hotel is really quiet at night (It's more of a weekend destination for domestic tourists).

They got a room and checked in. And there was a balcony. So my mum went out on the balcony in the evening, and there was this woman standing on an opposite balcony looking at her. Not like looking around at the view etc, just staring at her. She felt it maybe paranormal, so quickly go back inside.

Later they checked with the reception who told them that their entire level only their room is occupied.

:o  :o  :o

Then few years ago, they went yunnan. 

At one of the cities, my mum kept feeling someone touching her leg while she was sleeping. And my dad had one of those mini sleep paralysis incidents in the same hotel.

Another city, the hotel was an old one. My mum put her watch on the bedside table (just a regular battery operated analog dial watch). Then she went to do some other thing and heard a loud sound. Her watch had flipped over 180 degrees and stopped moving.

In the same hotel, their tour group companions had seen some figures in the toilet and at the foot of the bed ... these people changed rooms and didn't dare to sleep much for the remainder of the 2 night stay.

My mum and dad are taoists/buddhists but they aren't particularly religious. And my mum never encountered anything since their staying in a farm in the 1970s. So it's hard for me to be skeptical about all these.

seems like your mum is more "sensitive" than your dad 

I find people that say ghosts don't exist quite insensitive.

I hope they can be more sensitive to ghosts and see ghosts with a more open mind.

Ghosts have feelings too just like you and me.

Sam Hui got one song about ghost

Got hum sup guai etc :XD:

But I donât know the song title

I am very impressed with your knowledge of ghost songs.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

seems like your mum is more "sensitive" than your dad 

hah, after she told me these stories, i asked her if she felt/seen spirits before. 

My mum grew up on a farm off punggol road (what is now mostly sengkang/punggol area) on a chicken farm (from when she was 8 to maybe early 20s when she moved out).

She says last time she used to ride bicycle at night along punggol road or the gravel tracks inside the farms and you can feel some "things" brushing against your legs when you cycle. Then when you say something, it will disappear  [laugh]

My mum is quite fearless about creepy crawlies etc since she grew up like this. So i don't think it's the regular bats or insects bah.

• Praise 2

Anyway, do ghosts appear and dress differently across different countries, religions and cultures?

For example, ghosts in Mexican movies look different from ghosts in HK movies, Japanese movies, Korean movies and Thai movies. There didn't seem to be many ghosts in European movies as they are mostly devils from religious beliefs or folklore. Ghosts in American movie "Ghost busters" look cute like Michelin man. Genie in a bottle is an Arabic ghost, and I think he looks almost too helpful. I have not seen any African movies with ghosts though...

Look, I respect ghosts just like everyone here, but is there any form of consistency in their appearances?

The only ghosts I have ever seen are those 吸血鬼 in white which is consistent with those seen by the irrepressible mock.

Those Ghosts in White are worst then Ghost pls ...... we must be fair to  the Ghost realm .  :D  

• Praise 1

hah, after she told me these stories, i asked her if she felt/seen spirits before. 

My mum grew up on a farm off punggol road (what is now mostly sengkang/punggol area) on a chicken farm (from when she was 8 to maybe early 20s when she moved out).

She says last time she used to ride bicycle at night along punggol road or the gravel tracks inside the farms and you can feel some "things" brushing against your legs when you cycle. Then when you say something, it will disappear  [laugh]

My mum is quite fearless about creepy crawlies etc since she grew up like this. So i don't think it's the regular bats or insects bah.

yourself leh? no hospital encounters?