New Honda Shuttle 2015

Carbon82

The problem is...I feel we keep paying so high COEs becoz of the competition from Uber and Grab where we pay thousands to compete for COEs with companies that bid hundreds at a time. It's pretty ridiculous...they use cars for business while we use cars for ourselves and families...how's that fair. There should b some form of govt intervention

I feel the same too. 

The one who suffer the most are those majority of those middle income who able to save up the minimum 30 to 40% .

Demand for uber/grab car are from those who couldn't afford the downpayment and still want to drive new car. They are able to bypass the MAS rule but have to pay higher interest 

↡ Advertisement

It's futile to blame gov for out-of-the-world car prices and want them to protect the interest of middle class car buyer. If one can afford a car or don't mind being financially strapped, get it. Otherwise, work harder to afford it. It may sound harsh but that's the reality of life - no one owes us any favor. If you can barely afford anything else after buying a car, then you are not ready to own one. It's too much financially risk for you and loved ones to bear.

I don't favor the COE system but I do recognize that car population control is critical. When I look at the traffic jams in KL, Bangkok, Jakarta, Manila etc, I am thankful that Singapore has much better traffic flow in a small island. If everyone can own a car in Singapore, our traffic will end up like KL, BKK etc That's the last thing I want in Singapore road having paid a ridiculous 100K for Honda Shuttle. Car is a luxury item in Singapore and, like any luxury item, there's a hefty ridiculous price to pay for it. I doubt our million $$$ ministers will come out with a better solution than Pay-and-Pay anytime soon.

I may be thrown rotten eggs/tomatoes by many bro/sis here   [knife]  [rifle] but that's life in MCF too  [gossip]

Any other Shuttle question?  [laugh]

• Praise 2

It's futile to blame gov for out-of-the-world car prices and want them to protect the interest of middle class car buyer. If one can afford a car or don't mind being financially strapped, get it. Otherwise, work harder to afford it. It may sound harsh but that's the reality of life - no one owes us any favor. If you can barely afford anything else after buying a car, then you are not ready to own one. It's too much financially risk for you and loved ones to bear.

I don't favor the COE system but I do recognize that car population control is critical. When I look at the traffic jams in KL, Bangkok, Jakarta, Manila etc, I am thankful that Singapore has much better traffic flow in a small island. If everyone can own a car in Singapore, our traffic will end up like KL, BKK etc That's the last thing I want in Singapore road having paid a ridiculous 100K for Honda Shuttle. Car is a luxury item in Singapore and, like any luxury item, there's a hefty ridiculous price to pay for it. I doubt our million $$$ ministers will come out with a better solution than Pay-and-Pay anytime soon.

I may be thrown rotten eggs/tomatoes by many bro/sis here   [knife]  [rifle] but that's life in MCF too  [gossip]

Shuttle got start-stop engine? 

At 93K, it is in the region of Elantra. Seeing more and more Shuttle on the roads.

Shuttle got start-stop engine? 

At 93K, it is in the region of Elantra. Seeing more and more Shuttle on the roads.

Yes , shuttle comes with start/stop engine. 

Even the PI fit 1.3 come with start/stop engine where kah motor jazz 1.3 using key 

Neutral Newbie

If u booked with guaranteed coe. Then they have to deliver the car. 

they have to deliver, but can be after 4 bids..i was hoping to get before cny.

they have to deliver, but can be after 4 bids..i was hoping to get before cny.

It mean only left 1 bid liao. Unless they dump a open cat coe to u. Might be possible since the previous 2 bidding open coe is 50k, 50300++. Current cat A coe is already $49751..

Fully agree!

If coe cheap,everyone can afford car and imagine everywhere jam,people will start to complain.

Then gov will be headache again.

Neutral Newbie

It mean only left 1 bid liao. Unless they dump a open cat coe to u. Might be possible since the previous 2 bidding open coe is 50k, 50300++. Current cat A coe is already $49751..

still got 3 more bids. mine is 4 bids only,

Neutral Newbie

is there a facelift for shuttle coming?

saw that some PI are advertising facelift.

Face-lift for shuttle? Any pics/link?? Curious...

Fully agree!

If coe cheap,everyone can afford car and imagine everywhere jam,people will start to complain.

Then gov will be headache again.

To be honest. U guys are brainwashed.

Mods. Pardon me. I can't think of a better way to put it.

It seems to me that u have been conditioned to think that paying coe is the ONLY way to avoid the traffic conditions like bkk and Jakarta.

Let's be a little more creative in brainstorming. Purely for discussion sake, govt can actually conduct coe balloting, similar to china. This will overcome the sky high coe prices. I reiterate. This is only meant to illustrate a point that skyhigh coe ain't the only way. It's a dumb idea I know.

I choose to believe that the million dollar scholars can find ways which a peasant like me cannot.

Just saw one SLJ Shuttle Hybrid. Hybrid is $2K more, according to sgcarmrt. Is this true?

I think it's a little more than 2k. And the omv and bhp is higher therefore putting it into cat b and pushing your down down payment to 40% instead of 30% I believe. But if u can afford it...it's best to go for hybrid as I think the overall fuel savings is better and the battery warranty is 10 years. But it's all up to u...the petrol version is fine too as the fuel consumption is pretty good at 20km per liter.