New Honda Shuttle 2015

Carbon82

Neutral Newbie

Myself is using OBD for Petrol version, so unable to answer your question.

I suggest you join the 'Singapore Honda Shuttle Group' in Facebook. There are many gurus there who might be able to answer your question. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Did not bother about the rest... My main deciding factor was the space of the car. The "issues" mentioned can be improved.... But space is fixed.

reminds me of what my basketball coach always said last time:

You can't train height.

Edited by Wondertree
  • Praise 1

Hi, anyone can recommend a obd for auto lock that can work on 2018 shuttle hybrid?

Should get a Lufi gauge that has obd functions built in and it works great with hybrid. 

You will also get to see the other parameters of the car from the gauge.

A lot of shuttle members are using it now. 

Can intro u the supplier if u interested. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Should get a Lufi gauge that has obd functions built in and it works great with hybrid.

You will also get to see the other parameters of the car from the gauge.

A lot of shuttle members are using it now.

Can intro u the supplier if u interested.

Pleass intro supplier, thanks!
  • Praise 1

i don't think this is the right forum, more for the maint. forum but given this seems to be the only active shuttle thread i shall risk it.

as this is a pi model, i think maint. is more on our own, luckily honda is a common and easy to service

here is a quick cheat sheet of info

1. what is the run in period and things to take note of?

2. service schedule and service interval

3. type of engine oil and cvt oil to ensure we use and the service schedule

4. any other things to take note

also do recommend a few trusted mechanics/shops

• Praise 1

(edited)

i don't think this is the right forum, more for the maint. forum but given this seems to be the only active shuttle thread i shall risk it.

as this is a pi model, i think maint. is more on our own, luckily honda is a common and easy to service

here is a quick cheat sheet of info

also do recommend a few trusted mechanics/shops

Just my two cents of inputs:

- Only first 1k km try to keep rpm low below 3k if possible, speed wise still can drive up to 100km/h, bcos rpm still below 2k.

- This is the standard right? Engine oil every 10k km go service won't go wrong. CVT fluid is good to change at 30k km, if kiasu then change every 20k km. 

- EO also just use full synthetic oil, CVT can only use HCF2, any others then GB will give problem. 

- Shuttle use L15B engine, should read up more on this engine as this is a Direct Injection engine. Intake valve easily have carbon build up. Few points can  be done to ensure engine health is in good condition for longer term use and reliability. Install oil catch tank; use only Ron95 with one bottle of STP injector cleaner each month, if can use ron98 then even better; change spark plugs every 40k km. If u follow the steps, sure no issues. 

Can read up more with below links:

50063555-how-does-an-oil-catch-can-work-and-why-is-it-beneficial

Of cos end of the day car is yrs  how u want to maintain it is still up to u. 

Edited by SimplyTWL
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

sigh really ? i didn't know that. Mine is a keyless start thou, got it at 86K.

The contract put Honda Shuttle 1.5A Hybrid Facelift i also assume everything will have. upon collection of car then i realise dont have all this item i am like what??

So the sales person told me cause this 1.5A hybrid that i bought is basic one. After this i went to check with other dealer they all tell me new facelift all have those item. I guess i got cheated?

Mine same case as yours, bought the shuttle (Petrol), basic model. No LED/fog light, cruise control, keyless etc. Only comes with Pioneer sound system. But before I sign the agreement, I already know all these as I checked with my PI. I paid 77k for the car and slowly add what I want. So I add 1k to get the keyless remote plus steering button control. So no issue for me as I only need a basic car at Low price. Only waited 3 days can collect car immediately. Very decent car and good fc. Quite worth in my opinion. Edited by BenNgBen
  • Praise 1

Mine same case as yours, bought the shuttle (Petrol), basic model. No LED/fog light, cruise control, keyless etc. Only comes with Pioneer sound system. But before I sign the agreement, I already know all these as I checked with my PI. I paid 77k for the car and slowly add what I want. So no issue for me as I only need a basic car at Low price. Only waited 3 days can collect car immediately. Very decent car and good fc. Quite worth in my opinion.

What is your FC? Travel pattern?

Neutral Newbie

Mine same case as yours, bought the shuttle (Petrol), basic model. No LED/fog light, cruise control, keyless etc. Only comes with Pioneer sound system. But before I sign the agreement, I already know all these as I checked with my PI. I paid 77k for the car and slowly add what I want. So I add 1k to get the keyless remote plus steering button control. So no issue for me as I only need a basic car at Low price. Only waited 3 days can collect car immediately. Very decent car and good fc. Quite worth in my opinion.

check, where you did the keyless remote?

any feedback/review on it?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Mine same case as yours, bought the shuttle (Petrol), basic model. No LED/fog light, cruise control, keyless etc. Only comes with Pioneer sound system. But before I sign the agreement, I already know all these as I checked with my PI. I paid 77k for the car and slowly add what I want. So I add 1k to get the keyless remote plus steering button control. So no issue for me as I only need a basic car at Low price. Only waited 3 days can collect car immediately. Very decent car and good fc. Quite worth in my opinion.

at least your PI told you about not having all those features. my is like the complete opposite of yours which makes me damn angry and disappointed. is not like going to the market and buy vegetables buy wrong can change easily.

Yeah got to agree decent car and good FC. 

How big is your fuel tank? why some is 32l some is 40l?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

FC About 19.5 (just calculated)

50% Highway (Sometime time traffic jam)

check, where you did the keyless remote?

any feedback/review on it?

When driver walk near the car with the keyless remote, the car automatically unlock.

When driver walk away from car, the car automatically lock, u will hear a loud sound to indicate the car is lock when u walk away.

I heard can also use it to on aircon to cool the car first before u drive but I haven’t try.

This keyless feature quite cool imo.

Spend about 1k for the keyless remote plus steering wheel control button (whole package)

at least your PI told you about not having all those features. my is like the complete opposite of yours which makes me damn angry and disappointed. is not like going to the market and buy vegetables buy wrong can change easily.

Yeah got to agree decent car and good FC.

How big is your fuel tank? why some is 32l some is 40l?

Ya, your PI should make it clear to u first before signing.

For me, I just need a basic car with the cheapest price. (I didn’t even change to leather seat as I felt the fabric seat is quite comfy, thus saving 1k)

But the registration was stressful because I try to register before 1 July to avoid the VES.

But then, today cat A COE drop 9k. Lol

Edited by BenNgBen

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, just bought a Honda shuttle petrol version and collecting car this weekend. I realise that my PI dealer transfer temporary COE to me. Base on LTA letter that send to me, TCOE expiry date Is on sep. Why is it a TCOE?

• Praise 1

When driver walk near the car with the keyless remote, the car automatically unlock.

When driver walk away from car, the car automatically lock, u will hear a loud sound to indicate the car is lock when u walk away.

I heard can also use it to on aircon to cool the car first before u drive but I havenât try.

Spend about 1k for the keyless remote plus steering wheel control button (whole package)

For me, I just need a basic car with the cheapest price. (I didnât even change to leather seat as I felt the fabric seat is quite comfy, thus saving 1k)

But the registration was stressful because I try to register before 1 July to avoid the VES.

great FC for a car of this size...

Neutral Newbie

I heard can also use it to on aircon to cool the car first before u drive but I haven’t try.

For me, I just need a basic car with the cheapest price. (I didn’t even change to leather seat as I felt the fabric seat is quite comfy, thus saving 1k)

Isee, i wanted all those cool lights and features la that's why i so niao about it.

CAT A COE drop but the VES kick in i think is about the same or even more exp haha. lucky you ! 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Any good PI to recommend for this Honda Shuttle hybrid?

can WhatsApp me at 85339828, Mr Ong

Thank you so much for your help.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, any one can tell me where to buy tonneau cover? Prefer those retractable type. TIA

• Praise 1

(edited)

Some info to share and questions to ask.

1. See shuttle hybrid page on sgcarmart:  Why is it that facelifted models have 34.4 km/l FC, vs pre-facelift models have 25.6 km/l ?  I thought facelift is cosmetic only?  Still got PI selling pre-facelift models meh?  They all claim to be selling 2018 cars, but I'm scared to end up with the older 25.6 km/l cars since that is still written on their spec sheets.

2. Sharing some info I found on the japanese wikipedia article for iDCD. It's at least new to me.  According to google translate,

• they are using a 7-speed dry DCT jointly developed with Schaeffler Japan.
  • they use a planetary gear for 1st gear, and put 1st gear in the hybrid motor.  <-- I can read the english, but don't understand what this means. does it mean that 1st gear is like a torque converter automatic?  or that 1st gear is always using the hybrid rather than the engine?
  • They are using Li-Ion batteries manufactured by Blue Energy corporation, a joint venture with GS Yuasa.  Not like the NiMH that older hybrids had.
  • The EV motor is only connector to the odd shafts, so EV running and regenerative braking only happens in odd gears. During even-numbered engine running, motor assist or regeneration happens by connecting the odd gear to the shaft.  <-- Again, not sure wht this means practically. Does it mean if I want to coast in EV, I need to make sure rpm is below 2000 AND gear is odd (i.e 7 / 5 / 3)?  In that case, according to the speed vs rpm chart, at 7th gear, I need to be between 55-100 kph, in 5th gear I need to be between 30-58 kph, in 3rd gear I need to be between 18-35 kph.
  • Unlike normal DCTs which need to half-clutch when moving off, i-DCD does not need to half-clutch if it is starting with the motor or at low speed. This is good for clutch durability and low speed control. <-- presumably this means that the jerkiness and large difference between gear ratios of 1st-2nd gear is somewhat mitigated

3. The review by Chirongoh at http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_reviews.php?CarCode=11787 recommends to get X version for cruise control.  Is it correct that getting a version with Honda Sensing should come with Adaptive Cruise Control, which is better than the standard Cruise Control that comes with the X version?  What's more, Honda Sensing comes with LKAS and other good safety stuff..

Edited by Browser
↡ Advertisement