New Honda Shuttle 2015

Carbon82

I installed a 10.2” android 6.0 some time ago. Bought unit through a friend for about 500 plus installation by a freelancer for 100. Works well

Hi, thanks.

I believe its a china made unit?

Any specific brand or tech specs to look out for?

I'm trying to find one to install in a GK Honda Fit.

↡ Advertisement

Hi, thanks.

I believe its a china made unit?

Any specific brand or tech specs to look out for?

I'm trying to find one to install in a GK Honda Fit.

specs are quite standard, maybe internal ram difference. all units from china, even those offered by local workshop.

if Fit same layout as shuttle then it should be ok

ps - ensure playstore installed

Edited by etck72

Can't edit original post. Posting the pic again.

Hi.

Can check that you got your shuttle from Jack Cars with 6 airbags?

Seems like they only have 2 airbags one now...

Hi.

Yes got my petrol shuttle with 6 airbags from them. But I guess it is entirely possible that they spec it differently now. That would be a bummer though.

You are looking at hybrid? I am guessing they dun sell petrol anymore after VES.

• Praise 2

Hybrid X comes with 6 Airbags.

Hybrid comes with 2 airbags.

Hi.

Why not go for hybrid ? 

cheers

• Praise 1

Yes got my petrol shuttle with 6 airbags from them. But I guess it is entirely possible that they spec it differently now. That would be a bummer though.

You are looking at hybrid? I am guessing they dun sell petrol anymore after VES.

I'm not particular on petrol or hybrid, but would like to have 6 airbags for peace of mind.

And yes, think very few sell petrol anymore. I went to Ubi 3 wks ago, and only one PI has one petrol model - Vezel. Everything else is hybrid...

Hybrid X comes with 6 Airbags.

Hybrid comes with 2 airbags.

Why not go for hybrid ? 

cheers

Thanks! I never knew got a hybrid X!

Do you know which PI carries that?

tks...

• Praise 1

I'm not particular on petrol or hybrid, but would like to have 6 airbags for peace of mind.

And yes, think very few sell petrol anymore. I went to Ubi 3 wks ago, and only one PI has one petrol model - Vezel. Everything else is hybrid...

Thanks! I never knew got a hybrid X!

Do you know which PI carries that?

tks...

Pm me ..

Has anyone installed a full Android Head Unit?

Any recommendations?

What is the difference between full Android head unit, vs one with Android Auto support, vs Pioneer's "Direct Control for Certain Android Phones"?  Is there a reason why you prefer a full Android unit?

What is the difference between full Android head unit, vs one with Android Auto support, vs Pioneer's "Direct Control for Certain Android Phones"? Is there a reason why you prefer a full Android unit?

android head unit is running on android os. which means you can install android apps.

android auto mirrors only some supported apps from the mobile such as google map, waze, phone, spotify, sms, etc. advantage of this is the voice control.

Many PIs raised the price again by around $2k tonight after COE went up by $1.8k+ today.

Looking at the COE bids today, 867 were not successful, which is close to 70% of the successful bids.

It could take another 2 to 3 rounds of bidding to clear this backlog.  Hence, Cat B is likely to stay around $35k in the next tender.

Quota Premium: $34,381

Change: up_arrow_11x13.gif  $1,830 

Prevailing Quota Premium: $34,991(Aug)

Quota: 1,265

Bids Received: 2,132

Edited by awhtc

Hi, i’m new here.. just got my shuttle 2 months ago. unfortunately the car aircon gas leak.. is this a common problem in shuttle?

QC issue.  Hope you have no problem with the warranty claim.

android head unit is running on android os. which means you can install android apps.

android auto mirrors only some supported apps from the mobile such as google map, waze, phone, spotify, sms, etc. advantage of this is the voice control.

Thanks. Do you actually see benefit in running apps other than what is supported in Android Auto?

I felt that AA covers most of the needs in the car, and presents it in an interface that is suitably large and non-diatrac5ing while driving. Any examples of what else you might want to run?

Aside from that, I have some worries about hacking, and linking a connected Android system into the vehicular canbus... But that's another kettle of fish

Sgcarmart and Honda describe the shuttle's rear suspension as "axle". Any idea what that is? Is it another name for the torsion beam, or is it a cheap dependent suspension system?

Sgcarmart and Honda describe the shuttle's rear suspension as "axle". Any idea what that is? Is it another name for the torsion beam, or is it a cheap dependent suspension system?

I searched before. It is just cheap torsion beam. Advantages are light weight and compact, disadvantages are poorer suspension.
↡ Advertisement