New Honda Shuttle 2015

Carbon82

64k for a 2.5 year old shuttle when a brand new one is 80k+.

[64k - (4.5k parf)]/7.5 years gives you an annual depre of almost 8k to drive the shuttle. 2nd hand comes with fair share of problems and worse if you get a lemon car with tweaked mileage. real mileage could be 100k but tweaked to 30k and you are screwed. cheapest shuttle is selling at 7.3k/7.4k depre annually and to buy your 64k shuttle, you are overpaying. good luck.

if budget is a concern, get the attrage which is one of the most popular and economical car in SG due to the price and comes with a huge boot + sufficient interior space. pay the same price and you get warranty + servicing and a peace of mind.

Well I do agreed that 8k is high on depreciation vs 7.3k or 7.4k. But looking at the selling price too. Those that ard the range that u have mentioned, is easily of 71k above.

Then again the question of 71k old car vs 80k+ for a new car. This will go on and on. It will nvr end.

But when u look at it 64k for a 2.5yo vs 85k brand new. We are talking about 20k extra. This amount is significant.

If I hve such a budget, why would I go for a preowned?

If I dun, then I have to make do with what I hve and not over stretch myself.

Of coz when u talk about preowned, there are some risk in it. But then again, not all are lemons or may have prob. Its a risk that I have to take. No choice if I can't afford a brand new.

As for the attrage, the boot size doesn't fit my needs. I needed a station wagon, or mpv kind of space. The height of the boot space is a concern to me too.

Which is why I narrow it shuttle.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I think Bro MyDreamCars has already decided that preowned shuttle is the best for him given his situation and after our comments. We should help by telling him what red flags to lookout in a preowned shuttle instead.

• Praise 2

I got an online comprehensive car insurance quote from DirectAsia.

To my surprise, the quote is only $600+ at 60% NCD versus the $1,100+ that I have paid when collecting my car this year despite having 50% NCD.

I wonder what are the rest of new Honda Shuttle buyers paying for their car insurance.

• Praise 1

On 8/22/2019 at 11:24 AM, MyDreamCars said:

Hi guys, many thanks for your inputs. The new ones are above my budget. 

Found a 2.5 yo shuttle petrol version at and 64k. But still considering. 

Read abit here and there but still have a few queries.

1. Shuttle doesn't have auto lock when drive off?

2. In the event that the smart key batt flat, I can use the build in key to unlock the shuttle but how to drive off? I downloaded the manual and read thru, but it doesn't seems to guild us? Am I missing something? My current kia, there is a switch for me to insert the entire smart key in so that I can switch on my car. Any ideas?

3. What type of engine oil is needed? Any brand in particular? Saw some mentioned about 0w-20 or 5w-20. How many litres is require for each servicing?

4. What about coolant? Do you use coolant or just plain water? I read somewhere saying water will make the radiator rust. 

5. What about the ATF? I intend to do 1 round of flushing then monitor from there on. 

Any advise on the above?

Glad to have u interested to join the shuttle owner group.

64k for 2.5 years is on the high side but not PHV high. If proper maint. is done with service record the vehicle will serve you well. Look below my reply for more details

1. ya, don't have so have to buy obd dongle or lufi meter to get that feature.

2. even with the key batt being flat, with the the dongle in the car and close to the start button, you can still start the car, but once you see the low batt light appear on dashboard, just replace and don't get into this situation in the first place.

3. petrol shuttle in the manual specificed 0w-20. the 0 or 5 or 10 before the w do not matter because in singapore it is always hot. but the 20 is important. check if the owner had been using xW-20 engine oil. If his PI workshop is doing shit like using low quaility bulk oil which can be as thick as 40 (a lot of dishonest workshops doing it) or the owner damn old school want thick EO and had been using 30 or more, do not buy the car.

small damage is piston rings and gaskets weaken and u will burn engine oil as the car gets older all the way to worst case big damage is the piston rods get slightly bent.

required EO is 3.4 ltr

4. the car comes with the blue coolant, stick to it. 2.5 years, the owner or workshop should had topped up 2 or 3 times. do ensure the coolant is still the blue one and ask if he ever top up before. you read correct. if use water the radiator will corrode and coolant flow will get jammed.

5. ask previous owner if he got change the transmission fluid before. shuttle petrol uses cvt and can only use the official HONDA CVTF HCF-2 (3.5L). This cannot play one, use wrong will zit ba boomz. there is totally no need to do a transmission fluid flush. just regularly change every 40k + 100k change the transmission fluid filter.

finally just ask the owner if he had change the air filter and cabin airf filter. these are not important at all but it does give u an idea how on the ball is the previous owner on maint. and hence you can judge yourself.

with proper maint. and servicing and corret fliud replacement and intervals adhered, this cheap car will serve you well into 200 or 300k without problems.

all these info is in the telegram group below 

https://t.me/SGHondaShuttle

On 8/26/2019 at 6:03 AM, awhtc said:

I got an online comprehensive car insurance quote from DirectAsia.

To my surprise, the quote is only $600+ at 60% NCD versus the $1,100+ that I have paid when collecting my car this year despite having 50% NCD.

I wonder what are the rest of new Honda Shuttle buyers paying for their car insurance.

when i buy the car, the pi quoted me almost 1k also, i f**k him don't con me, i want to get my own insurance, they talk a lot of cock say must buy from them etc etc.
they just want the convinence when registering the car and earn comission.

on the end he sold me one msig at 800+ when my ncd is 40%

now renewal msig at 50% msig is just under 600.

• Praise 1

On 9/13/2019 at 10:05 AM, Riverdance said:

Glad to have u interested to join the shuttle owner group.

64k for 2.5 years is on the high side but not PHV high. If proper maint. is done with service record the vehicle will serve you well. Look below my reply for more details

1. ya, don't have so have to buy obd dongle or lufi meter to get that feature.

2. even with the key batt being flat, with the the dongle in the car and close to the start button, you can still start the car, but once you see the low batt light appear on dashboard, just replace and don't get into this situation in the first place.

3. petrol shuttle in the manual specificed 0w-20. the 0 or 5 or 10 before the w do not matter because in singapore it is always hot. but the 20 is important. check if the owner had been using xW-20 engine oil. If his PI workshop is doing shit like using low quaility bulk oil which can be as thick as 40 (a lot of dishonest workshops doing it) or the owner damn old school want thick EO and had been using 30 or more, do not buy the car.

small damage is piston rings and gaskets weaken and u will burn engine oil as the car gets older all the way to worst case big damage is the piston rods get slightly bent.

required EO is 3.4 ltr

4. the car comes with the blue coolant, stick to it. 2.5 years, the owner or workshop should had topped up 2 or 3 times. do ensure the coolant is still the blue one and ask if he ever top up before. you read correct. if use water the radiator will corrode and coolant flow will get jammed.

5. ask previous owner if he got change the transmission fluid before. shuttle petrol uses cvt and can only use the official HONDA CVTF HCF-2 (3.5L). This cannot play one, use wrong will zit ba boomz. there is totally no need to do a transmission fluid flush. just regularly change every 40k + 100k change the transmission fluid filter.

finally just ask the owner if he had change the air filter and cabin airf filter. these are not important at all but it does give u an idea how on the ball is the previous owner on maint. and hence you can judge yourself.

with proper maint. and servicing and corret fliud replacement and intervals adhered, this cheap car will serve you well into 200 or 300k without problems.

all these info is in the telegram group below 

Hi,

Thank your for your reply. 

For the ATF, I saw there are 2 types. Which 1 are you referring to?

AFT2.jpeg.2e762052631041362fdca5e0b7041313.jpegAFT.thumb.jpeg.d715f8fe8a3d6bab54748bdb5f54a391.jpeg

As for the coolant, I saw this. Not sure is this suitable. 

honda-oil-0L999-9011.thumb.jpg.9201636d91729d0cfe77fc7c17ef1b29.jpg

What about the follwing? Any recommedation?

Brake Fluid
Spark Plug
Oil Filter
A/C Filter
Air Filter
Fuel Filter

• Praise 1

the plastic bottle and can same thing one made in indon metal can made in Japan

yes the coolant is right

join the listed telegram group 

we have a link to all these info

On 10/1/2019 at 8:59 AM, MyDreamCars said:

Hi,

Thank your for your reply. 

For the ATF, I saw there are 2 types. Which 1 are you referring to?

AFT2.jpeg.2e762052631041362fdca5e0b7041313.jpegAFT.thumb.jpeg.d715f8fe8a3d6bab54748bdb5f54a391.jpeg

As for the coolant, I saw this. Not sure is this suitable. 

honda-oil-0L999-9011.thumb.jpg.9201636d91729d0cfe77fc7c17ef1b29.jpg

What about the follwing? Any recommedation?

Brake Fluid
Spark Plug
Oil Filter
A/C Filter
Air Filter
Fuel Filter

Hi,

my opinion is you don't have to buy from car dealers.  Basically they can't be trusted and they know nothing about the car.

Shuttle is just a popular car that many car owners may be selling due to upgrading or downgrading.

So what you can do is to buy personally from the car owner.  it's a lot more assuring and you get to make friends.  

Join the shuttle group and u will definitely find someone planning to sell it off.  

The car owner can tell you everything about the car history, which workshops he goes and who to avoid, what to change, etc. 

A car owner will be less dishonest than a car dealer.  That's my opinion. 

And u will buy at a lower price, coz car dealers are like crocs. 

On 8/6/2018 at 5:57 AM, etck72 said:

specs are quite standard, maybe internal ram difference. all units from china, even those offered by local workshop.

if Fit same layout as shuttle then it should be ok

ps - ensure playstore installed

Hi, can you please tell the model number and manufacturer of the Android set for Shuttle  Hybrid 2015 that you are using. TIA

On 8/5/2018 at 2:55 PM, Wildfaye29 said:

Hi, thanks.

I believe its a china made unit?

Any specific brand or tech specs to look out for?

I'm trying to find one to install in a GK Honda Fit.

On 8/5/2018 at 2:55 PM, Wildfaye29 said:

Hi, thanks.

I believe its a china made unit?

Any specific brand or tech specs to look out for?

I'm trying to find one to install in a GK Honda Fit.

etck72  - Hi, can you please tell the model number and manufacturer of the Android set for Shuttle  Hybrid 2015 that you are using. TIA

The original Honda Shuttle Hybrid sparks plugs are quite expensive.  I ordered the Denso Iridium Tough VFXEHC22G at $73 instead for a set of 4.  The Denso Iridium IK16TT sparks plugs for my Toyota Vios is only around $36 per set of 4.  Anyone can share what are the cheaper normal Denso sparks plugs that can fit this Honda?

(edited)

I just found that Honda Shuttle Hybrid that uses NGK DILZKAR7C11S Dual Iridium sparks plugs can be purchased at $50 for a set of 4.

According to Denso's website, the rated lifespan of Tough Iridium is up to 100,000 km https://www.denso-am.eu/media/74697/lft_sp_iridium_web_uk.pdf

For NGK, the rate lifespan of Iridium is up to 50,000 miles and potentially up to 80,000 miles https://www.ngk.com/learning-center/article/202/how-long-will-ngk-iridium-plugs-last#:~:text=NGK gives them a life,and a platinum ground electrodes.

A quick comparison: https://carfromjapan.com/article/car-maintenance/denso-vs-ngk-which-one-is-better/

It looks like I should have gone for the original NGK spark plugs due to lower price and higher durability.  For my future reference.

Edited by awhtc

On 8/10/2020 at 12:31 PM, Iphonewish said:

Hi, just got my Honda shuttle hybrid 1 weeks ago, any bro here know where can I buy the OBD auto lock for the 2018 hybrid car?thank you

No OBD auto-lock for hybrid.

I just changed my transmission oil at 30k km with DW-1 oil. The workshop used about 1.8 L and took about 30 min. The cost is $30. For reference here. 

↡ Advertisement