2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

i wonder if they are using the N20i20 or N20i13 engine.

The 170kw (231 bhp) and 350Nm power is similar to 328/528.. but its badged as 225.

• Praise 1

Tks for the pics bro!

Can't really tell if the space is sufficient for 3 rows of seats. My guess would be that the usual poor thigh support for the 3rd row will still be evident. Nevertheless good attempt by BMW to move into this segment as IIRC they insisted that they would not do not too long ago!!

• Praise 11

Quick Spec

External Dimensions: 4,556mm (L) x 1,800 (W) x 1,608mm (H)

Drive: FWD with Transversely Front Mounted Engine

Model / Engine: 220i / 2.0 4Cycl TC Petrol / 192hp / 270Nm / 223Km/h / 7.7sec

218i / 1.5 3Cycl TC Petrol / 136hp / 220Nm / 205Km/h / 9.5sec

220d / 2.0 4Cycl TC Diesel / 190hp / 400Nm / 218Km/h / 7.6sec

218d / 2.0 4Cycl TC Diesel / 150hp / 330Nm / 205Km/h / 9.3sec

216d / 1.5 3Cycl TC Diesel / 116hp / 270Nm / 192Km/h / 11.1sec

Since PM has been missing out in the Cat A range, the 216d might be the right model to be introduced here.

• Praise 10

Tks for the pics bro!

Can't really tell if the space is sufficient for 3 rows of seats. My guess would be that the usual poor thigh support for the 3rd row will still be evident. Nevertheless good attempt by BMW to move into this segment as IIRC they insisted that they would not do not too long ago!!

This is a rather compact MPV (or mid-size for those that is looking at it dimensions), so don't hold too high expectation for space in the last row. It is should be viewed as a 5+2 seater MPV, and more towards providing extra cargo space (vs the 2 Series Active Tourer).

Personally, the seat height of the 3rd row is pathetically low (probably just inches from the floor), so even kids might not be comfortable to be in it for a short 15 min trip. But, I would say it is a good attempt by BMW to venture into this "niche" market (premium compact MPV) where there is no immediate competitor, and so it shall sell.

• Praise 5

This is a rather compact MPV (or mid-size for those that is looking at it dimensions), so don't hold too high expectation for space in the last row. It is should be viewed as a 5+2 seater MPV, and more towards providing extra cargo space (vs the 2 Series Active Tourer).

Personally, the seat height of the 3rd row is pathetically low (probably just inches from the floor), so even kids might not be comfortable to be in it for a short 15 min trip. But, I would say it is a good attempt by BMW to venture into this "niche" market (premium compact MPV) where there is no immediate competitor, and so it shall sell.

Ya think u r right that it's a mid size MPV so not to expect too much. You think it's better to bring the diesel in to fight in Cat A? PM seems hesitant to introduce diesel models unlike some of their Conti competitors like Citroen, VW etc so it will be interesting if they did so bearing in mind the the active tourer is 1.5petrol. Price may also be a consideration but I hope this means the active tourer will come down in price abit coz I really like this car!! Cheers😀

• Praise 13

Soon merc come with B class 7 seater version if this sells well

I thought merc already have

mercedes_vito_van.jpg

Just install seats :D[smash]

• Praise 3

Quick Spec

External Dimensions: 4,556mm (L) x 1,800 (W) x 1,608mm (H)

Compared with the Wish's dimensions (4590 x 1695 x 1590 mm), it doesn't look too shabby, but need to see and feel in person first.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3