2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

Sorry my england not clear huh?:)) X5 behind has a fan blower

Only between the 2 seats. 2GT dun hv. But because 2GT has lesser "volume" the ac cools the air faster than X5 in my view.

Simpe test: on a hot day afte X5 baked under sun, start car and blows aircon. Once u feel cold enough, raise yr hand to touch the car's ceiling board, u can feel the air ard yr palm is warm one! Because of the larger volume in car. Hot air raises (till the entire car cools down) :)

Thks again bro! No lah your English is clear just that I was quite sure the X5 3rd row is an aircon hence thought you meant the GT.

Anyway, good info and appreciate good feedback esp from owners as nothing beats info from owners who have driven their car for a long time, cheers!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

for about 150k or less there are,

216D GT 155k

Odessy 159k

Elgrand 158k

Biante 130k

Zafira 135k

Estima 156k

Noah 130k

Vellfire 157k

Well if u regularly need to ferry 6 or 7 pax, Honda Odyssey is better. But I guess for most buyers of 216d GT, they rarely used 7 seats only occasional use but yet need the bigger boot space for kids stuffs. 216d GT has a more premium feel to an Ody in my opinion.

u totally take the words out of my mouth!

and GT is more for families with 2-3 young children, not 2-3 kids who are 20yo, with grandparents thrown in.

Edited by Check13

By the way, is the 3rd row safe for passengers in the event of rear-ending by another car?

To me, regardless of car makes, the 3rd row looks extremely exposed (merely protected by the rear bumper).

Your concern bro is very valid. Especially for MPV carrying loved ones. The Hatch-back and MPV rear bumper is made harder than the Sedan from my understanding, to withstand rear collision and does not compress as much as sedan (sedan whole butt can disappear/compress/deform to dissipate energy). Anyway once the steel/alum structure under the bumper receives the energy, it must dissipate to the entire car: that is the part that is impt: if it cant dissipate fast enough the structure should still deform. That is why my vote still goes to BMW MPV lor :)) (go see some jap mpv etc rear collision pic online or walk ard AMK that repair/servicing hub and see....)

Like I said in another post, can dont bang dont bang :)). Keep a safe distance from front is not just in case front car brakes, but also when see behind got siao car cheonging to carmageddon (drunk/heart-attack/commit car-suicide) we can turn left accel out of way to safety. BMW Suspension and brake can save us from testing the airbags (hopefully). A larger MPV just 30cm longer that is 500kg heavier with wobbly suspension and poor brakes is like a lumbering giant, hard to maneuver and slower to stop! Like Art of War can dun fight is the best outcome, need to fight already a bad outcome (cos someone got to die). So prevent accident is before car hardness. Cheers!

• Praise 2

1 impt but often overlooked point is: good suspension together with good brakes (eg merc/bmw) gives the driver a chance to prevent an accident and saves himself and the family from testing the airbags.

How many bros driving jap cars had the scare when u thought yr car cant brake in time from banging the front car? i had a long time ago in a Cefiro V6. Not speeding, nvr had a single pt deducted and kept good distance, just front car braked suddenly and I realized my brake wasnt as biting as his (was in time but scared liao).

Just will like to give some of my personal experience on the importance of brakes...

Once, many years ago, I was in France on business trip driving from Paris to Ghent (Belgium) along the expressway at pretty high speed. A car just came in from a slip road to my lane. My colleague shouted: "Watch out!". I pressed the brakes firmly. The C class I was driving merely reduced its speed in a straight line without fuss in double quick time. No skid, no drama but my colleague had his balls in his mouth. I was upgraded by the rental company from a Toyota to a C class for free. And I thank heaven for that. 

The other time I was driver, driving my friend's old Outlander (not current model), ferrying 2 other adults and 2 kids to Legoland. I was not driving fast, well within speed limit. When I came to a junction, I pressed the brake pedal using the same strength as i would on my old BMW 320i (2006), the car did not slow down enough!! This time I had my balls in my mouth as I had 4 other lives in my hands!!

Both time made me fully appreciate the BMW/Merc brakes. They can save life. 

Just my views...for the record, I have own Japanese and Korean cars too. 

• Praise 2

Ok those are my point of view if I'm considering this car... There's a car for every budget. 

You are right. There's a car for every budget and needs. For some Ody could be overkill since don't need to ferry more than 5 pax regularly, might as well spend on a compact MPV with more premium feel. To each his own.

I believe everyone has his own indulgences, some splurge on food, some on travel, some on cars, houses, women, 4D, TOTO, etc.

Not many are really that frugal that everything that they consume is the cheapest and bare minimum. 

• Praise 1

Just to take note:

Advances in engine-mounting systems and engine balancing have made three-cylinder engines just as smooth and quiet as many four-cylinders -- even though the odd number of cylinders complicates things.

Because two of the pistons move up and down in the cylinders at the same time, the three-cylinder engine is naturally unbalanced.

Ford tackled the issue in two ways: by designing a patented engine-mounting system that redirects the shaking energy and by using the engine's flywheel and front pulley to cancel out the imbalance. BMW, Mitsubishi and General Motors use balance shafts installed in the engine that rotate in the opposite direction as the crankshaft to cancel out vibrations.

Therefore, the reliability of the balance shafts in these 3 cylinder engines is relatively unknown. 

• Praise 1

Finally signed on the dotted line today! Car coming on March - April! Can I join the watsapp group? This car seriously is poisonous!

Edited by Oakleyeug
  • Praise 2

Finally signed on the dotted line today! Car coming on March - April! Can I join the watsapp group? This car seriously is poisonous!

congrats man! I signed 3 weeks ago n car hasn't even arrive here... Edited by Check13

How much was your purchase px? Mind to share? Any over trade?

• Praise 1

How much was your purchase px? Mind to share? Any over trade?

Mine at a special rate cause of a 20 year old friend working in there, might not have this offer (warning don flame me), no over trade car i sell myself

* 3 years free servicing

* 2 SPA tickets for car

* 2k insurance voucher

* 1k petrol voucher

* car bought at $147888

I think no one got the insurance except me

• Praise 1