2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

That's the diff btw us. U can choose to ignore my post if it is confusing.

I m giving u option if PML can't resolve your problem. Go to BMW-SG mega meetup to talk other BMW drivers. It's an eye opener.

If you genuinely want to share info, pls post clearly for all of us and it will be most appreciated.

Your one line answers don't help so it's not a matter of difference or choosing to ignore you.

Now your post is much clearer so thank you for that.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

(edited)

Why not since 1st 2 yrs is claimable against BMW Asia.

Of course, 3rd year need to go back to PML

Isn't what you are saying is that essentially for the initial 2 years you can just go direct to BMW Asia to claim warranty?

Why even bother with the ADs then...

Edited by L_club23

Isn't what you are saying is that essentially for the initial 2 years you can just go direct to BMW Asia to claim warranty?

Ya lor. Go & claims against BMW Asia.

Supersonic
(edited)

hearsay, there were cases BMW SG owner car up lorry in KL

fix in KL BMW AD ... claim warranty ... 1 day job ... as long as the car is within the 1st 2 years

no need to tow back all the way to spore and go to PML to claim warranty

Isn't what you are saying is that essentially for the initial 2 years you can just go direct to BMW Asia to claim warranty?

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

fix in KL BMW AD ... claim warranty ... 1 day job ... as long as the car is within the 1st 2 years

Thank you for the info, much appreciated and noted.

We are here to share info and learn. Some of us are new BMW owners like myself and any experiences you share will be helpful.

Likewise, being a 2GT owner; I share my experiences of the car, good and bad so that potential buyers may be able to make an informed decision not necessarily from me alone but also input from other owners with different experiences as well, cheers!!

• Praise 4

• Praise 1

Wow...good information!

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Nah I doubt it will impact the radiator also but there's other factors to consider i.e wiring harden etc. I notice some conri's exposed to the elements when parking usually have more interior cosmetic fade i.e roof lining etc issues.

Which bm model are you driving anyways? is the engine TC?

Home have shelter, work place don't have. But I don't think that matters because the operating temp of the radiator (made of aluminum) is much higher than our sg weather temperature, even under the sun.

• Praise 3

Nah I doubt it will impact the radiator also but there's other factors to consider i.e wiring harden etc. I notice some conri's exposed to the elements when parking usually have more interior cosmetic fade i.e roof lining etc issues.

Which bm model are you driving anyways? is the engine TC?

I think radiator can take more heat than those from sunlight.

Rather than radiator, rubber hose should give way faster than radiator.

Pls ask admin to ban me hor.

When you pick your new ride, SE nvr brief you on roadside assistance (phone number & coverage)?

Davidtch, with your idiotic posts you dare to challenge the admin of this forum, you got guts ! You must be some VVIP of this forum!

• Praise 2

Davidtch, with your idiotic posts you dare to challenge the admin of this forum, you got guts ! You must be some VVIP of this forum!

Since my posts are idiotic, why bother to respond?

Turbocharged

Yeah no what I mean the rubber related bits (wiring, tubing etc) no so much the radiator itself.

I think radiator can take more heat than those from sunlight.

Rather than radiator, rubber hose should give way faster than radiator.

• Praise 1

When you pick your new ride, SE nvr brief you on roadside assistance (phone number & coverage)?

He did but he didn't mention that if I got stranded in Malaysia, I could repair my car in Malaysia instead of towing it back to S'pore. But I guess if I did call into roadside assistance whilst in Malaysia, they would advise me about this option. But good to know before hand for peace of mind I guess.

• Praise 5

Why not since 1st 2 yrs is claimable against BMW Asia.

Of course, 3rd year need to go back to PML

My PML car claimed warranty at MA in 3rd year. Even had to next-day a part in from malaysia. $0 paid.

Not sure what is the official rule or what, but I did it. Not sure why. Really, I am not sure, so I better keep my mouth shut.

• Praise 3

Supersonic
(edited)

because Sime Darby own both PML and MA? left-right pocket only ma ... LOL

last time PML also sell ///M car ... MA is created to focus on ///M including ///M Performance

My PML car claimed warranty at MA in 3rd year. Even had to next-day a part in from malaysia. $0 paid.

Not sure what is the official rule or what, but I did it. Not sure why. Really, I am not sure, so I better keep my mouth shut.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

He did but he didn't mention that if I got stranded in Malaysia, I could repair my car in Malaysia instead of towing it back to S'pore. But I guess if I did call into roadside assistance whilst in Malaysia, they would advise me about this option. But good to know before hand for peace of mind I guess.

For breakdown in Malaysia (including JB), you have no option hor.  Tow to the nearest BMW dealer in Malaysia & repair.

• Praise 1

For breakdown in Malaysia (including JB), you have no option hor.  Tow to the nearest BMW dealer in Malaysia & repair.

Tks for info. I had the initial impression they will tow back to Singapore but guess being Sime Darby and also the Malaysian agent for BMW as well, they have the network to facilitate repair there which is good in the sense that maybe we can get a courtesy car if available and whilst under warranty. 

Don't think you are able to do similar if your AD doesn't have a presence in Malaysia like Borneo Motors. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4