2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

She told me PML setting new price policy after COE bidding  this round which might be lower to my advantage, thus call to ask for appointment on monday. hopefully i can get a good deal to join the CONTI club... lol 

BMW - BRING More worries | Break my windows | bring more woman | hmmmm..... 

Not trying to dampen your enthusiasm but just wondering why the SE say new price will be lower?

It should largely depend on tmr COE results but of course she may have some inside info of their upcoming company pricing policy. Anyway, I wish you good luck and hope you can join us, cheers!  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

hi guys, do you know of any bmw road shows coming up? Keen in getting the Active tourer diesel, but i haven't bought a car for close to 8 years and really have no idea who to call... ha ha

i got my 2AT and have since run 2KKM+ so far.

It's great !  - handling as sharp and precise as direct from your finger. On sport mode, the pick-up and overtaking is fairly easy.

And now i rarely touch the other sedan - though it's 3.2L engine, feel not as nimble and agile as this 2AT.

By the way, saw PPSL listing of a show-room unit.  Should be a very hot deal

Enjoy!

She told me PML setting new price policy after COE bidding this round which might be lower to my advantage, thus call to ask for appointment on monday. hopefully i can get a good deal to join the CONTI club... lol

BMW - BRING More worries | Break my windows | bring more woman | hmmmm.....

Beasty machine wor

Do PML still give $2,000 worth of Shell petrol vouchers? Or is it back to $500?

Do they give $2000 shell voucher? Wah can last for how long? Like forever cannot finish. Thought they gave 1k last time

hi guys, do you know of any bmw road shows coming up? Keen in getting the Active tourer diesel, but i haven't bought a car for close to 8 years and really have no idea who to call... ha ha

Go to the showroom bro, plenty of SE around to give u info.

I noticed pml SE not bad, i went there in shorts and singlet, they still serve me coffee... I went one jap ad, SE didn't hew me...

• Praise 1

I noticed pml SE not bad, i went there in shorts and singlet, they still serve me coffee... I went one jap ad, SE didn't hew me...

• Praise 1

Beasty machine wor

Do they give $2000 shell voucher? Wah can last for how long? Like forever cannot finish. Thought they gave 1k last time

My friend booked 318i in late May, got the car in June. Came with Shell card points worth $2,000.

It seems those who got the GT went through PML. Can tell me is it the preference for diesel engine, dealer warranty or the Connectdrive that makes the difference for you?

It seems those who got the GT went through PML. Can tell me is it the preference for diesel engine, dealer warranty or the Connectdrive that makes the difference for you?

I choice AD instead of PI, mainly just because of the AD will handle the callback, if it happen, but PI will not.

Also like you said, Connect-Drive is a reason too, no point to buy a car with that feature but unable to enjoy that.

Warranty wise, PML's servicing got lots of complaint too, haha, so not really that worth it.

I will choice Patrol version if PML bring in, because still not very like the sound of diesel and the vibration felt. But the low cost of diesel and excellent sound proof inside the car make me able to suck it up. :)

• Praise 1

The PPSL unit comes with whatever already being installed on the car. The unit last time I tried had all the front-rear cams, etc...

And it's warranty / maintenance is same 3yrs - starting from that unit reg. date. The unit I saw on ppsl site today was Mar 5th, 16 reg., and so the warranty/services coverage is calculated from that date on.

I saw only 2AT, but no 2GT listed.

Cheers!

From what I understand, PPSL unit comes with the 3 year warranty but not the free BSI (servicing), no 3M solar films, no 3M mats, no car cam which PML normally gives for new cars but no big deal as with the savings, u can easily get these stuff yourself or even better ones from other brands but of course you have to be comfortable with these Mgmt cars in the first place and point to note is that u will be registered as second owner I believe but then again thought you can only transfer owners after 6 mths??  

• Praise 3

Agree with you that conti SE general better than Jap/Kor one, but of cos not all la, I also met some good SE @ Honda and Mazda too, also have not so happy experience @ PML.

But just remember you have the choice to change SE if you unhappy with one, but love the car very much. :) No point to let a bad SE to stop you to get a good car :)

There are good and there are not so good...depends on luck..

I choice AD instead of PI, mainly just because of the AD will handle the callback, if it happen, but PI will not.

Also like you said, Connect-Drive is a reason too, no point to buy a car with that feature but unable to enjoy that.

Warranty wise, PML's servicing got lots of complaint too, haha, so not really that worth it.

I will choice Patrol version if PML bring in, because still not very like the sound of diesel and the vibration felt. But the low cost of diesel and excellent sound proof inside the car make me able to suck it up. :)

Am looking at the GT but still a petrol guy. The PI price is competitive but concern over call-back. Read a lot of negative feedback about PIs but seeing so many of those cars with PI name on their license plate. Still seem like quite a number buy from PI

Am looking at the GT but still a petrol guy. The PI price is competitive but concern over call-back. Read a lot of negative feedback about PIs but seeing so many of those cars with PI name on their license plate. Still seem like quite a number buy from PI

Test drive the diesel from pml first... u might change your mind then
  • Praise 1

Price play a big factor over here.

If you already have familiar and trust WS to handle the servicing and maintenance, most of time you need not to worry too much, quite a number of local WS can handle BMW, and on top of it, PML servicing and warranty not that attractive after all. Featurs wise you may lose will be the BMWConnect, SOS call, Real Time Traffice info etc only I believe.

Biggest concern still the call-back, but so far so good for BMW right? haha, if you can live with it :) Nothing stop you to go for PI.

• Praise 1

I will skip PI as it will be really barebone.

Currently, PML GT has OMV of 31k to arrive at the price of $16x k.

220GT sport starts from GBP 25k.

Do you sum & compare apple to apple.

• Praise 1

I will skip PI as it will be really barebone.

Currently, PML GT has OMV of 31k to arrive at the price of $16x k.

220GT sport starts from GBP 25k.

Do you sum & compare apple to apple.

Oh shit.. no inline 6 cannot la.. minimum must buy is 235GT