2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

toyota wish. go check it out. caveat is that u must sell the car yourself as direct owner.

U must be kidding...

Care to show ur numbers here and let us see....unless u tell me here bought at 20k COE last year...

U must be kidding...

Care to show ur numbers here and let us see....unless u tell me here bought at 20k COE last year...

March 2011 Wish bought at $125k. $60k COE.

If drive till scrap depre $11.5K. 

Sgcarmart prices about $65k. Say u sell cheaper at $62k. 

$63k loss for 6yrs. Depre $10.5k. 

Good time to buy now if can get a reasonably good deal for 216D. I am sure PML wants to clear them out. Time nicely for the last few units before the new tax kicks in...very worth it if buyer is a diesel fan!!

Not the well maintained units but in general...repair bills can kill. Bring More Worries haha

The F10 5 series have seen market resale value dropped by a huge margin. New model arrived!!

F10 still very costly in the resale market.

toyota wish. go check it out. caveat is that u must sell the car yourself as direct owner. 

A bit OT here, but yes, I agree.

It's a super value for money car, made in Japan and very hardy.

And because it's not too high priced, the net selling amount will be lower, and it will be quite popular amongst buyers looking for fuss free simply motoring.

March 2011 Wish bought at $125k. $60k COE.

If drive till scrap depre $11.5K.

Sgcarmart prices about $65k. Say u sell cheaper at $62k.

$63k loss for 6yrs. Depre $10.5k.

Did u factor in yr loan interest for the period?

Loan fully settled? Else there is a rule, I think is rule 78 or something.

Provided you can sell at $62k, which could wait a Loooong time.

If Sell to dealer, at least $6-$8k below the list price.

So do you think you can still make?

Calculate again my fren.... how much have you paid in installments for that 6 years, add up the deposit that u have paid...less the amount you sell....see how much you really get back....vs the amt u have put in..

OMG! This PML wanna charge my friend $2K for 216D GT with 10% NCB !! I told my friend to shred away the letter. Got my insurance broker friend to do at few hundred cheaper. For 216D owners, can watsapp 9362 3352 for your 216D car insurance. Bloody P^^L !

I believe that is the price!

Did u factor in yr loan interest for the period?

Loan fully settled? Else there is a rule, I think is rule 78 or something.

Provided you can sell at $62k, which could wait a Loooong time.

If Sell to dealer, at least $6-$8k below the list price.

So do you think you can still make?

Calculate again my fren.... how much have you paid in installments for that 6 years, add up the deposit that u have paid...less the amount you sell....see how much you really get back....vs the amt u have put in..

Don't confuse matters. Loan is a separate issue. You buy BMW and Toyota also need loan. Lets say I pay full cash. 

I did not say anything about making money. I buy a car to use, not to make money. Not only in Sg but all over the world cars are a liability in general but it is an object of desire for many still.

You asked to provide example of a car with good resale value (which of course is relative). 

Sgcarmart selling for $65k. My original post has a caveat which is to sell the car yourself which is not hard in this age and time. Selling to dealer is just paying a high price for convenience. Even if selling at $60k would make my depreciation less than that if I were to drive till scrap. This is what most would call good resale value. 

I rest my case. Anyway, too much digression for 2GT thread. 

Although I know BMW resale value is not fantastic, the 2GT is something that my heart wants, hopefully PML can bring in the petrol variants. Buy and hopefully drive till scrap. No need think about resale. 

Edited by Glyuen

Don't confuse matters. Loan is a separate issue. You buy BMW and Toyota also need loan. Lets say I pay full cash.

I did not say anything about making money. I buy a car to use, not to make money. Not only in Sg but all over the world cars are a liability in general but it is an object of desire for many still.

You asked to provide example of a car with good resale value (which of course is relative).

Sgcarmart selling for $65k. My original post has a caveat which is to sell the car yourself which is not hard in this age and time. Selling to dealer is just paying a high price for convenience. Even if selling at $60k would make my depreciation less than that if I were to drive till scrap. This is what most would call good resale value.

I rest my case. Anyway, too much digression for 2GT thread.

Although I know BMW resale value is not fantastic, the 2GT is something that my heart wants, hopefully PML can bring in the petrol variants. Buy and hopefully drive till scrap. No need think about resale.

Chill bro...understand yr logic...

Turbocharged

Wonder if there are any better promo for the 2GT?

So far still the usual "offers".

With the long lead time till Jan 2018, dun think PML would be in a hurry to clear stock.

With the long lead time till Jan 2018, dun think PML would be in a hurry to clear stock.

What if, PML continues to sell it and absorb the price difference....never know with their margin.

They might just do it and corner this particular segment...

To mitigate the diesel increase, they could throw in 10 yrs of free diesel - thot I saw something similar promo last month....

Or free road tax for the next 10 yrs...

Will buyers bite....very very possible.

I get your meaning!! For sure, because it's a Toyota, better resale den BMW"s anytime..as for changing to a 2GT, change only if it's a justified reason else I rather drive toyota wish till scrap. And, if upgrading from japanese to continental, the agents usually can offer u pretty decent price for trade in. This is usually the case.

As for selling car by owner ourselves directly, only if the difference is worth the time and effort!! It may turn out to be a nightmare. In short, need "luck" to successfully close the sale!! Easy said but not easy also.

Not just any toyota but a wish. There are certain models like the wish and estima which just have demand from the second hand market. I am really curious why don't those people buy a new wish when the depreciation is about the same

price check yesterday is 164,800...

motorshow time the price was 10K better......

Turbocharged

What if, PML continues to sell it and absorb the price difference....never know with their margin.

They might just do it and corner this particular segment...

To mitigate the diesel increase, they could throw in 10 yrs of free diesel - thot I saw something similar promo last month....

Or free road tax for the next 10 yrs...

Will buyers bite....very very possible.ð³

While it's a possibility, I would think its pretty remote.

From a rebate of $10k to a surcharge of $20K, that's a swing of $30k.

Normally after all the finance rebate, overtrade etc, the price is about $150k plus minus.

If PML decides to continue with this model, they might absorb some.....

While it's a possibility, I would think its pretty remote.

From a rebate of $10k to a surcharge of $20K, that's a swing of $30k.

Normally after all the finance rebate, overtrade etc, the price is about $150k plus minus.

If PML decides to continue with this model, they might absorb some.....

Yeah, highly unlikely. The last time I checked, PML is not a charitable organization. :)
↡ Advertisement