2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

Yeah, I wonder how it works. If you sign anything, they must give you the specs. So it's win win if you can avoid the CEVS.

No way anyone will sign without knowing what they are getting..

↡ Advertisement

The other option for pml to continue selling at this price is to remove some features of the car....keep cost Low and maintain the price...possibility...

• Praise 1

how many features to remove to cover $30k

from -$10k rebate to +$20k penalty?

Edited by Wt_know

Remember the OMV tax calculation, so it's not dollar for dollar. You can remove quite a few features:

Electric tailgate, navi, movable rear seats, memory electric front seats, vinyl seat cover, no leather steering, cheaper solar film and many more..

Heck you can even sell it with 6 months road tax / higher insurance and no free service.

Then they might even get a higher margin, and keep the oil burning engine..  [drivingcar]

buy a bmw with 4 door + 4 wheels and 1 engine

may be airbags also reduce ...

manual aircon and manual seat ... back to 90s [thumbsup]

even now the specs already sibei basic

how low can pml go? [sly]

Edited by Wt_know

Remember the OMV tax calculation, so it's not dollar for dollar. You can remove quite a few features:

Electric tailgate, navi, movable rear seats, memory electric front seats, vinyl seat cover, no leather steering, cheaper solar film and many more..

Heck you can even sell it with 6 months road tax / higher insurance and no free service.

Then they might even get a higher margin, and keep the oil burning engine.. [drivingcar]

Real time traffic info and the 3 yrs subscription too...hahah

Think pple still will buy, for its handling and FC!!

Heck they have so many options ba....

• Praise 1

If you want to compare resale value and depreciation it should be among similiar conti makes (i.e Merc/BMW/Jag etc), frankly the Wish is a Point A to Point B people Carrier while the 2GT is alot higher step up (power, driving enjoyment, safety features etc)

Its like buying a higher end computer the parts will always depreciate alot faster compared to a generic desktop, question to oneself should really be if you enjoy the additions of what the car has to offer and can live with the additional cost (without busting the bank) live a little.

In Singapore car purchases are hard to rationalize, we can wish is a good car low depre etc etc another person will say he take uber everyday even more cost savings and another joker will come and say he take public transport etc.... then we have cyclist with spandex come in......

Don't confuse matters. Loan is a separate issue. You buy BMW and Toyota also need loan. Lets say I pay full cash. 

I did not say anything about making money. I buy a car to use, not to make money. Not only in Sg but all over the world cars are a liability in general but it is an object of desire for many still.

You asked to provide example of a car with good resale value (which of course is relative). 

Sgcarmart selling for $65k. My original post has a caveat which is to sell the car yourself which is not hard in this age and time. Selling to dealer is just paying a high price for convenience. Even if selling at $60k would make my depreciation less than that if I were to drive till scrap. This is what most would call good resale value. 

I rest my case. Anyway, too much digression for 2GT thread. 

Although I know BMW resale value is not fantastic, the 2GT is something that my heart wants, hopefully PML can bring in the petrol variants. Buy and hopefully drive till scrap. No need think about resale. 

• Praise 1

If you want to compare resale value and depreciation it should be among similiar conti makes (i.e Merc/BMW/Jag etc), frankly the Wish is a Point A to Point B people Carrier while the 2GT is alot higher step up (power, driving enjoyment, safety features etc)

Its like buying a higher end computer the parts will always depreciate alot faster compared to a generic desktop, question to oneself should really be if you enjoy the additions of what the car has to offer and can live with the additional cost (without busting the bank) live a little.

In Singapore car purchases are hard to rationalize, we can wish is a good car low depre etc etc another person will say he take uber everyday even more cost savings and another joker will come and say he take public transport etc.... then we have cyclist with spandex come in......

You're absolutely right. That's why I said that BMWs are not known for their resale value. Even Mercedes in general have slightly better resale value. 

Wish is brought out as an example of a car with good resale value. 

2GT very niche market without any competition from Merc/Audi/Jag/Volvo. Maybe the VW Touran. But even the Touran is aimed at the Wish. 

I have been eyeing the 218i and 220i for some time but going the PI route is a psychological barrier for me. Hopefully PML will start selling Petrol 2GTs next yr. 

• Praise 1

depends on driving style and conditons.

for me daily abt 50/50 highway and city avg 17.5km/l. so almost 900km

wow, maybe i tend to accelerate more between junctions..

• Praise 1

was told BMW didn't allow 3M car mats to be given w the car anymore. so Jan 17 batch were the last ones since we signed with 3M stated in e sales order.

if u can lock in w current price and kenna VES, it's a good thing since your PARF is untouched. unlike now -10k. win win! but its highly unlikely PML will b so silly.

aviva quoted even cheaper. abt 800 plus for me.

so u didnt go with Liberty?

My SE hao xiao say BMW insurance is normally around 1K+

so u didnt go with Liberty?

My SE hao xiao say BMW insurance is normally around 1K+

PML quoted me 1.2k initially

but if all things equal..makes sense to just go for the lowest cost option ya.btw my ncd is at 50%

only thing for aviva is u need to keep e car in stock condition. I was fine w that.

• Praise 1

totally agree with you.

Wish may be reliable, but internal features can never come close to 2GT.

Wish is meant for those who do not need iDrive, BMW Navi, Park Assist, Driving Assistant, ECO Pro. It is also meant for those who do not bother about badge, "pseudo" sheer driving pleasure.

When I checked out Wish, Sienta and even Previa, no amount of money can make them fit the criteria of above.

IMHO, the only one that can go head-to-head with 2GT, is the Touran. Even so local Touran specs are inferior, but in order to beat 2GT, one must go for Sharan, which is still arguably same price as 2GT. But I swore never to put my moolah into VW, not because of gearbox issue, but their sales and customer service is  [thumbsdown] .

Gran Picasso may also be compared, but try sitting on the left & right seats in 2nd row and you will know the meaning of claustrophobic.

• Praise 1

PML quoted me 1.2k initially

but if all things equal..makes sense to just go for the lowest cost option ya.btw my ncd is at 50%

only thing for aviva is u need to keep e car in stock condition. I was fine w that.

i guess u still qualify ur $2k finance subsidy right?

My recent vw sales experience is horrible and quite unbelievable, it was so bad that I didn't want anything to do with them anymore. Traded in my jetta for the 2GT.

Edited by HML34
  • Praise 1

My recent vw sales experience is horrible and quite unbelievable, it was so bad that I didn't want anything to do with them anymore. Traded in my jetta for the 2GT.

So u r not bothered with the recent announcement about diesel?

What made you decide on this, care to share?

If there are still pockets of consumers looking at diesel...I think there is still a market for pml to explore!

• Praise 1

If there are still pockets of consumers looking at diesel...I think there is still a market for pml to explore!

It will be a market that will expires once the new ves kicks in
  • Praise 1

the addition diesel tax of 10 cents does not bother me.

the impact of ves on 216D is only reported in the news about I received my car.

but I have tested almost all the suvs in the same category, the 216d still have its unique selling points, eg Lane departure , anti collision, I drive, connected drive etc.

Edited by HML34
  • Praise 1

care to share your story?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1