2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

When I booked, it was $158,800.  SE threw in additional $1k discount from financing and insurance company.

Then COE dropped to $36k.  My COE rebate was $40k.  So, nett price is $153,350.

I actually went to Kah Motor and have a look at the CR-V, before I went to PML.  Well, CR-V is made in Thailand.  A more better comparison would be between CR-V and Harrier Turbo.

Yes understand, but if you are in the market for a 7 seater...that is why I am comparing this 2 rather than Harrier.

Coz I need a 7 seater, be it 5+2, but I don't need a full fledge 7 seater in Alphard...so occasional +2 comes in handy.

and yes, one is MIT and the other Germany, but the price is close.....what would it be?

I have not tested the CRV but between the 2, I suspect handling and drive the 2 series will win.

CRV will win in terms of roominess and ease of entry..

↡ Advertisement

The 216/218 has solid handling indeed.

There is a certain lux feel too.

But will it last longer than the Honda... that's debatable..

However you will feel more ''shiok" in the BMW :)

• Praise 1

When I booked, it was $158,800.  SE threw in additional $1k discount from financing and insurance company.

Then COE dropped to $36k.  My COE rebate was $40k.  So, nett price is $153,350.

I actually went to Kah Motor and have a look at the CR-V, before I went to PML.  Well, CR-V is made in Thailand.  A more better comparison would be between CR-V and Harrier Turbo.

Your price is high for a BMW 2GT as you do not have a car to trade in? The overtrade amount can be substantial. 

Yes understand, but if you are in the market for a 7 seater...that is why I am comparing this 2 rather than Harrier.

Coz I need a 7 seater, be it 5+2, but I don't need a full fledge 7 seater in Alphard...so occasional +2 comes in handy.

and yes, one is MIT and the other Germany, but the price is close.....what would it be?

I have not tested the CRV but between the 2, I suspect handling and drive the 2 series will win.

CRV will win in terms of roominess and ease of entry..

CRV was surprisingly lousy on the ease of entry. The 2nd row need to flip here and there for access to 3rd row. 

The 216/218 has solid handling indeed.

There is a certain lux feel too.

But will it last longer than the Honda... that's debatable..

However you will feel more ''shiok" in the BMW :)

True. 

Your price is high for a BMW 2GT as you do not have a car to trade in? The overtrade amount can be substantial.

Yes. My wife and I traded in our 2.5 year old HRV. Over trade was very good. Servicing package was even better. I can't reveal it online.

Yes. My wife and I traded in our 2.5 year old HRV. Over trade was very good. Servicing package was even better. I can't reveal it online.

Great, because overtrade should be counted towards the selling price as that is quite a huge amount. 

Great, because overtrade should be counted towards the selling price as that is quite a huge amount.

My experience is I fetch a slightly better price by selling a 1yr old x-trail myself than to trade in with PML A bit of hassle though, have to go car less for a week.

When I tested drove the 216d GT I also feel uncomfortable. I think the brakes bite is very sensitive just by only depressing abit. Is it that all BMW cars got very "bitety" brakes?

Cannot understand why someone is complaining of strong brake..

Most Japanese car the factory equipped brake are too soft.

Cannot understand why someone is complaining of strong brake..

Most Japanese car the factory equipped brake are too soft.

There are many types of brakes. Some too bitey some just nice. It's personal preference. I find that too bitey makes the ride for passenger too jerky. Not complaining. As long as the brakes works well after slamming on the brake padel is good.

My experience is I fetch a slightly better price by selling a 1yr old x-trail myself than to trade in with PML A bit of hassle though, have to go car less for a week.

Recently? How about over trade or discount without the trade in? 

So what is the real deal nett pricing for the 216i or 218i ??

About $140k.

Recently? How about over trade or discount without the trade in? 

For me, they say must have car to trade in.  Otherwise cannot give over-trade.

About $140k.

Thanks bro, I assume that's for the 216i?

Just some perspective, different cars of course..

But the Sienta was selling for 94k this bid and for 10k more, the Wish or the Carens.

Just some different viewpoints..

• Praise 1

why can't you reveal? As much as you like to think so, your deal can't be unique and so special that you and only will ever get it.

• Praise 2

why can't you reveal? As much as you like to think so, your deal can't be unique and so special that you and only will ever get it.

Can lah...someone checked with me.  Deal same same.

Don't be mistaken about me not telling what I got.  I am afraid of raising false hopes.

Overtrade $12k.  5 yrs free servicing (100km), 5 yrs warranty (200km), 1 year road tax, number retention, solar film, door projection light (shines a BMW logo on the ground when door is open).  Run flat tires is standard issue.

Tried to squeeze more such as larger 17" rims and HUD.  But not successful.

It was the 5 years free servicing that convinced me anyway.  Honda only give me 3 years for my current Jap car.

I thought trade in value was also attractive.  Borneo trade in price for my was $68k.  PPSL offered $74k before overtrade - $86k after overtrade.  Sgcarmart was selling similar car to my current ride for $89k.

Edited by Madmax67
  • Praise 4

Don't be mistaken about me not telling what I got.  I am afraid of raising false hopes.

Overtrade $12k.  5 yrs free servicing (100km), 5 yrs warranty (200km), 1 year road tax, number retention, solar film, door projection light (shines a BMW logo on the ground when door is open).  Run flat tires is standard issue.

It was the 5 years free servicing that convinced me anyway.  Honda only give me 3 years for my current Jap car.

I thought trade in value was also attractive.  Borneo trade in price for my was $68k.  PPSL offered $74k before overtrade - $86k after overtrade.  Sgcarmart was selling similar car to my current ride for $89k.

thanks very much for sharing, so that more can benefit.

• Praise 1

About $140k.

140K ....Wow good price!!

so 216 vs CRV = 20k.

this 20k can do a lot for reliability...is like a no brainer to me. But there will still be die hard fans of H..

Both 1.5...

seats 7...only thing is one is higher than the other

MIJ vs Germany

reliability vs ....20k in the pocket

3 yrs warranty vs 5 years

handling  

Lux feel

Dashboard feel

hhhmmmm.....I don't think is a very difficult decision to make. But still...

Edited by Spidey10
  • Praise 1

Good price especially the trade in price is rather attractive with the over trade some more. 

I am keen to do up this: door projection light (shines a BMW logo on the ground when door is open).  - wonder how much is this. 

140K ....Wow good price!!

so 216 vs CRV = 20k.

this 20k can do a lot for reliability...is like a no brainer to me. But there will still be die hard fans of H..

Both 1.5...

seats 7...only thing is one is higher than the other

MIJ vs Germany

reliability vs ....20k in the pocket

3 yrs warranty vs 5 years

handling  

Lux feel

Dashboard feel

hhhmmmm.....I don't think is a very difficult decision to make. But still...

MIT or MIJ? 

Good price especially the trade in price is rather attractive with the over trade some more.

I am keen to do up this: door projection light (shines a BMW logo on the ground when door is open). - wonder how much is this.

MIT or MIJ?

Sorry, should be MIT....that's another bummer?? Subjective... Edited by Spidey10
↡ Advertisement