2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

Recently? How about over trade or discount without the trade in?

Few months back. From what I can recall, PML willing to take the vehicle at $105K, PPSL can only take in the vehicle at $95K (i.e. they don't do over trade). I sold at $109k to a leasing company in SGCarmart. The discount from PML is a few k off list price excluding trade in.

If need to trade in car and save the hassle, PML offer quite good price, at least better price than what second hand car dealer willing to take in. I went for the PPSL management car eventually.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Few months back. From what I can recall, PML willing to take the vehicle at $105K, PPSL can only take in the vehicle at $95K (i.e. they don't do over trade). I sold at $109k to a leasing company in SGCarmart. The discount from PML is a few k off list price excluding trade in.

If need to trade in car and save the hassle, PML offer quite good price, at least better price than what second hand car dealer willing to take in. I went for the PPSL management car eventually.

Thanks. Looks like not all the case the same. With overtrade, my trade in car at least worth about $8K more than without overtrade. 

• Praise 1

Yes. My wife and I traded in our 2.5 year old HRV. Over trade was very good. Servicing package was even better. I can't reveal it online.

Haha ... its ok bro ... revealing it online will only help the whole community. By not revealing - it will only help ... .well ... the principal and agent  :D

Anyway, overtrades has been known to be given from $9k all the way nearer to $20k. Depends on their promotion, give-aways and finance/loan taken as well.

Happy negotiating people!  :XD:

p/s: Tip - for those who have almost 10yr old low PARF value cars - best to capitalize PML's OT offers  :a-happy:

My experience is I fetch a slightly better price by selling a 1yr old x-trail myself than to trade in with PML A bit of hassle though, have to go car less for a week.

Yeah ... confirm WAY BETTER if you sell/market your car by yourself. Even via consignment, you will fetch way more than going via the trade-in route ... 

But everyone has their considerations on choosing either option ... .do consider all of them before deciding  [:p]

why can't you reveal? As much as you like to think so, your deal can't be unique and so special that you and only will ever get it.

Haha ... precisely bro ... so i had the privi to reveal to all  [bounce2]

Maybe he felt 'obligated' to the SE bah ...  :relief:

• Praise 1

140K ....Wow good price!!

so 216 vs CRV = 20k.

this 20k can do a lot for reliability...is like a no brainer to me. But there will still be die hard fans of H..

Both 1.5...

seats 7...only thing is one is higher than the other

MIJ vs Germany

reliability vs ....20k in the pocket

3 yrs warranty vs 5 years

handling  

Lux feel

Dashboard feel

hhhmmmm.....I don't think is a very difficult decision to make. But still...

That's why dunno why some ppl still comment all BMW drivers richer than Honda drivers ...  

All generalisation and stigma ... that's why must do a bit of homework and go around showrooms ... don't take published R.R.P. literally

Good price especially the trade in price is rather attractive with the over trade some more. 

I am keen to do up this: door projection light (shines a BMW logo on the ground when door is open).  - wonder how much is this. 

MIT or MIJ? 

The ground projection lights from PML cost an arm and a leg (a set of 4 lights for 4 doors cost something like $200-300 ... can't remember exactly).

You could get OEM same ones with different logos on Aliexpress/Taobao for less than $10 ... and the effects and quality? Still works after 5mths installing it! haha ... :P

Thanks. Looks like not all the case the same. With overtrade, my trade in car at least worth about $8K more than without overtrade. 

And if PML offers good $ for your car before OT and then offer you the OT on top of the car value offer, then its way better than trying to sell it to a car dealer which typically takes in very low price.

Do evaluate all options bro ... :a-good:

140K ....Wow good price!!

so 216 vs CRV = 20k.

this 20k can do a lot for reliability...is like a no brainer to me. But there will still be die hard fans of H..

Both 1.5...

seats 7...only thing is one is higher than the other

MIJ vs Germany

reliability vs ....20k in the pocket

3 yrs warranty vs 5 years

handling  

Lux feel

Dashboard feel

hhhmmmm.....I don't think is a very difficult decision to make. But still...

Thai vs German..

I think the BMW may have an additional airbag or two?

And I think the feature list is longer..

On the other hand, there are very good reasons why the CRV is the top selling SUV in USA: Cheap and good. It's just that it's priced too high here.

Or there's a relatively new 216d on sale here:

http://www.ppsl-bmw.sg/products/33982-216i-.html

Can lah...someone checked with me.  Deal same same.

Don't be mistaken about me not telling what I got.  I am afraid of raising false hopes.

Overtrade $12k.  5 yrs free servicing (100km), 5 yrs warranty (200km), 1 year road tax, number retention, solar film, door projection light (shines a BMW logo on the ground when door is open).  Run flat tires is standard issue.

Tried to squeeze more such as larger 17" rims and HUD.  But not successful.

It was the 5 years free servicing that convinced me anyway.  Honda only give me 3 years for my current Jap car.

I thought trade in value was also attractive.  Borneo trade in price for my was $68k.  PPSL offered $74k before overtrade - $86k after overtrade.  Sgcarmart was selling similar car to my current ride for $89k.

PML aftersales is well known to be on the not so good side hor especially with warranty claims.

This is an entry level vehicle.  Don't expect to have margin to be squeeze out of PML by looking at OMV.

You could get OEM same ones with different logos on Aliexpress/Taobao for less than $10 ... and the effects and quality? Still works after 5mths installing it! haha ... :P

By having LED downlight at door is brighter than halogen bulb.

• Praise 1

Thai vs German..

On the other hand, there are very good reasons why the CRV is the top selling SUV in USA: Cheap and good. It's just that it's priced too high here.

Beside those airbag, there is also difference in structural rigidity between Jap & German.

Thai vs German..

That link u gave ... SOLD liao ... and its a 216i not "d"... 

• Praise 2

That's fast.. I just checked this morning at 8 am..

moving very fasts this 216...

again is this the perceived value against the other makes....ODC, Sorento, Kadjar, X-T...and CRV  (thanks a bro here for highlighting there are other competition of the 216...)

Then some sellers too....just 1-1.5 year old cars wanna sell....I thot when PML moved to 216i, the D will die a natural death, but looks like it's still selling well.

• Praise 2

moving very fasts this 216...

again is this the perceived value against the other makes....ODC, Sorento, Kadjar, X-T...and CRV (thanks a bro here for highlighting there are other competition of the 216...)

Then some sellers too....just 1-1.5 year old cars wanna sell....I thot when PML moved to 216i, the D will die a natural death, but looks like it's still selling well.

Personally, I think the 216d will sell well in the Used market since u can't get it new anymore. Of course, if later on govt comes out with punitive measures against diesel then the game might change but for now this 216d will do well as the diesel's torque is ideal for this size of car in our local driving conditions n with it being luxury version with most of the options, quite a no brainer if us ask me.

Must say upfront that I own one before I get flamed though.

• Praise 6

Neutral Newbie

Has any fellow owners driven their 216D into Thailand ?  PML claims that the navigation and concierge will work in South East Asia, wonder is that claim valid as I am thinking of driving to Phuket later this year.  Is it easy to find Euro 5 diesel in Thailand ? 

• Praise 2

Has any fellow owners driven their 216D into Thailand ?  PML claims that the navigation and concierge will work in South East Asia, wonder is that claim valid as I am thinking of driving to Phuket later this year.  Is it easy to find Euro 5 diesel in Thailand ? 

Wow, if you do drive to Phuket, pls share as well....I might try a roadtrip [smash]

• Praise 1

Collected my ride today. Price at present is still $152,800 despite the latest $6k COE increase.

My SE said price would be revised $6k on 25 Sep.

If true, this is the weekend to book the ride.

• Praise 1