2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

Bumpy should be normal for run-flat tyre.

Correct tyre pressure should be printed on driver door sill

Really...everything is good for this car. jsut a bit dissapointed that is more bumpy than my previous Jap.. I was thinking that conti car is much more stable. :(

Thanks anyway.

220 is the right pressure.

Thanks. In that case I shall stick to 220. When I first collect the car, they tyre pressure was 270 !!! shocking high.. 

↡ Advertisement

Really...everything is good for this car. jsut a bit dissapointed that is more bumpy than my previous Jap.. I was thinking that conti car is much more stable. :(

Thanks anyway.

Thanks. In that case I shall stick to 220. When I first collect the car, they tyre pressure was 270 !!! shocking high..

It is more stable than Jap in term of rigidity of chassis.

A lot of ppl change to non-RFT as they hate the bumpyness

2 Series Active Tourer

BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-0f.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-10.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-02.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-07.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-09.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-15.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-24.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-18.

2 Series Gran Tourer

BMW-2-Series_Gran_Tourer-2019-1600-0c.jpBMW-2-Series_Gran_Tourer-2019-1600-01.jpBMW-2-Series_Gran_Tourer-2019-1600-06.jpBMW-2-Series_Gran_Tourer-2019-1600-07.jpBMW-2-Series_Gran_Tourer-2019-1600-0f.jpBMW-2-Series_Gran_Tourer-2019-1600-15.jp

Highlights on Changes to the Facelifted 2 Series

BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-11.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-26.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-27.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-28.

I wonder if there are any non cosmetic changes, eg engine, and other areas..

Wish they had paddles, cruise control and auto-brake locally...

Powertrain options

A broad selection of three- and four-cylinder engines is available to customers, plus the option of a plug-in hybrid drive system for the BMW 2-Series Active Tourer. The engines all belong to the second-generation BMW EfficientDynamics family, which will be rolled out gradually across the BMW Group portfolio from model year 2018. They will team up with three transmission types, including the new seven-speed dual-clutch Steptronic unit. BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive is also available. From 3/2018 all the diesel engines will be fitted with a diesel particulate filter, NOx adsorber catalyst and SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) system.

The new engine generation

A raft of individual measures have been implemented to make the petrol and diesel engines even more efficient. The focus here is on reducing fuel consumption in real-world driving and cutting exhaust emissions, as well as further improving performance characteristics. A process known as "form honing" - used to machine the coated cylinder bores in the aluminium crankcase - will be employed for the first time in the manufacture of seriesproduced engines. This allows the pistons' friction losses to be reduced. The switchable oil circuit (and therefore on-demand piston cooling) and single-piece chain for valve train control enable further optimisations. The new belt drive for the alternator, water pump, torsional vibration damper and air conditioning compressor is L-shaped.

Optimised heat management with split cooling

The new petrol engines reduce fuel consumption and emissions by as much as five per cent. At the same time, power output has been increased by up to 5 kW/7 hp and peak torque by up to 10 Newton metres (7 lb-ft). The exhaust manifold and integrated turbocharger are now arranged together in the cylinder head. This enables the flow dynamics of the recirculated exhaust gases to be utilised to particularly positive effect. The turbocharger housing for the three-cylinder engines is made from either aluminium or steel, depending on the output variant; in the four-cylinder units only steel casings are used. The petrol pump and lines have been optimised, with the result that fuel can now be injected at higher pressure. Heat management has been improved thanks to a new coolant pump with separate outlets for the flow of coolant to the cylinder head and engine block. Known as "split cooling", this uses a switchable valve to ensure only the cylinder head is supplied with coolant in the cold running phase or under partial loads. This allows the operating temperature to be reached more quickly and enables better fuel consumption and emissions values under partial loads. The three-cylinder engines have gained a new balancer shaft including modified drive mechanism, while the crankshafts for the petrol and diesel units have been updated and now weigh 1.1 kilograms less.

Diesel engines feature SCR exhaust gas treatment

Turbochargers and common-rail direct injection are central components of the diesel engines and have also been significantly updated. This has led to a reduction of around five per cent not only in fuel consumption and therefore CO2 emissions, but also other pollutant emissions.

Turbocharging for all four-cylinder units is now a two-stage affair involving two turbos. This enables even quicker engine response, while increasing efficiency. The turbocharger system consists of a low-pressure stage with variable inlet geometry and a high-pressure stage, which is fully integrated into the exhaust manifold. To further enhance responsiveness, both turbochargers are equipped with the latest slide bearing technology. The system is controlled by means of the low-pressure stage's electrically adjustable charger vanes as well as the wastegate valve for the high-pressure stage and a compressor bypass, both of which are actuated pneumatically. This allows the supply of compacted air to the combustion chambers to be precisely adjusted to suit the load requirements and driving situation. The most powerful diesel unit features switchable cooling for the housing in the low-pressure stage. The crankshafts for the three- and four-cylinder engines have been revised and now weigh 1.1 kilograms less.

A redesigned system of exhaust gas recirculation (single-stage for the fourcylinder engines, two-stage for the three-cylinder units) ensures particularly effective reduction of nitrogen oxide emissions (NOX). The fuel injectors feature an upgraded system of sensors that enables even more exact metering of the injected fuel. In addition, injection pressure has been raised to 2,200 bar for the three-cylinder engines, 2,500 bar for the four-cylinder units - and 2,700 bar for the most powerful variant. All of the diesels are fitted with a diesel particulate filter, NOx adsorber catalyst and SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) system, which effectively lowers nitrogen oxide levels in the exhaust gases by injecting a urea solution (AdBlue). The AdBlue tank can be topped up at filling stations using the relevant pump.

Three transmission technologies available

The seven-speed dual-clutch Steptronic transmission is making its debut here. This cutting-edge transmission effectively combines two gearboxes - each with its own clutch, one of which is always closed and the other always open - to transfer power to the road. This allows gear changes to be executed in fractions of a second with no interruption in the flow of power, either automatically or using shift paddles on the steering wheel. The long seventh gear keeps revs low and therefore ensures lower fuel consumption on crosscountry and motorway routes.

The eight-speed Steptronic transmission teaming up with the high-torque engines is likewise exceptionally efficient. Fast automatic gear changes ensure the highest possible ratio is always engaged, even at low speeds. For those preferring a particularly dynamic driving style, the eight-speed Steptronic Sport transmission ticks all the right boxes. Manual shift paddles on the steering wheel give the driver the option of intervening directly in the gearchange process.

The six-speed manual gearbox is available for the smaller-engined model variants and allows the driver to shift up through the gears at low revs without compromising on comfort.

The drive system variants for the BMW 2-Series Active Tourer/Gran Tourer

The BMW 2-Series Active Tourer is available with a selection of four petrol engines, one plug-in hybrid drive system and three diesel engines. BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer customers can choose from three petrol engines and three diesels.

The range of petrol engines kicks off with the three-cylinder units in the 216i and 218i. The 216i produces 80 kW/109 hp (fuel consumption combined: 6.1-5.8 l/100 km [46.3-48.7 mpg imp], CO2 emissions: 139-132 g/km) and the 218i develops 103 kW/140 hp (fuel consumption combined: 6.1-5.8 l/100 km [46.3-48.7 mpg imp], CO2 emissions: 137-132 g/km). Meanwhile, the four-cylinder unit in the 220i delivers 141 kW/192 hp (fuel consumption combined: 6.3-5.6 l/100 km [44.8-50.4 mpg imp], CO2 emissions: 143-127 g/km).

The line-up of diesel variants comprises the 216d, 218d/218d xDrive and 220d/220d xDrive. The three-cylinder engine in the 216d produces 85 kW/116 hp (fuel consumption combined: 4.5-4.3 l/100 km [62.8-65.7 mpg imp], CO2 emissions: 117-113 g/km), while the four-cylinder unit develops 110 kW/150 hp in the 218d and 140 kW/190 hp in the 220d (fuel consumption combined: 4.7-4.4 l/100 km [60.1-64.2 mpg imp], CO2 emissions: 125-117 g/km).

The most powerful variant, the 225i xDrive developing 170 kW/231 hp (fuel consumption combined: 6.4-6.1 l/100 km [44.1-46.3 mpg imp], CO2 emissions: 147-139 g/km), is only available for the BMW 2-Series Active Tourer. It comes as standard with BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive and offers AWD-specific virtues such as optimum power transfer under acceleration and through corners, exceptional driving safety and unbeatable traction on snow-covered or wet roads. Added to which, BMW xDrive reduces oversteer and understeer through corners and enhances dynamics. A 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) time of 6.3 seconds represents this model range at its sportiest.

Likewise available exclusively for the BMW 2-Series Active Tourer is a plug-in hybrid variant with system output of 165 kW/224 hp. The BMW 225xe iPerformance has an electric range of 45 kilometres / 28 miles (fuel consumption combined: 2.5-2.3 l/100 km [113-122.8 mpg imp], CO2 emissions: 57-52 g/km).

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 5

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I got a brand new roof rack/box for my Gran Tourer.

Unfortunately, I dont think I will need it

Any advice on where I can post to sell it ?

its brand new and suitable for X1/3/5 and Activ/Gran Tourer

Thanks all 

• Praise 1

Thanks

Some advances in cosmetics

But let's see about that DCT ..

Not too sure about that versus the Aisin..

I'll pick the trusty 6-sp Aisin anytime ... too many documented issues with DCTs with the various manufacturers that uses DCT (read VAG ...LOL) and the fact that some of them are ditching the DCT to go back to torque converters.

Cosmetics and tech wise, good changes that were implemented by BMW. 

attachicon.gifBMW Rack-1.jpgattachicon.gifBMW Rack-1.jpgHi, I got a brand new roof rack/box for my Gran Tourer.

Unfortunately, I dont think I will need it

Any advice on where I can post to sell it ?

its brand new and suitable for X1/3/5 and Activ/Gran Tourer

Thanks all 

Try posting on Carousell or BMW.sg's "Sales" thread. You'd get more exposures on those 2 platforms.

How much do you plan to sell them for? 

p.s. Your photo attached can't be viewed.

I think still no digital speed display leh....and changes according to the modes or not... [laugh]

Yeah, doesn't look like digital .. just blacked out display like the Defi gauges ... 

Edited by Laojiao

2 Series Active Tourer

BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-0f.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-10.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-02.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-07.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-09.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-15.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-24.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-18.

2 Series Gran Tourer

BMW-2-Series_Gran_Tourer-2019-1600-0c.jpBMW-2-Series_Gran_Tourer-2019-1600-01.jpBMW-2-Series_Gran_Tourer-2019-1600-06.jpBMW-2-Series_Gran_Tourer-2019-1600-07.jpBMW-2-Series_Gran_Tourer-2019-1600-0f.jpBMW-2-Series_Gran_Tourer-2019-1600-15.jp

Highlights on Changes to the Facelifted 2 Series

BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-11.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-26.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-27.BMW-2-Series_Active_Tourer-2019-1600-28.

Powertrain options

A broad selection of three- and four-cylinder engines is available to customers, plus the option of a plug-in hybrid drive system for the BMW 2-Series Active Tourer. The engines all belong to the second-generation BMW EfficientDynamics family, which will be rolled out gradually across the BMW Group portfolio from model year 2018. They will team up with three transmission types, including the new seven-speed dual-clutch Steptronic unit. BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive is also available. From 3/2018 all the diesel engines will be fitted with a diesel particulate filter, NOx adsorber catalyst and SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) system.

The new engine generation

A raft of individual measures have been implemented to make the petrol and diesel engines even more efficient. The focus here is on reducing fuel consumption in real-world driving and cutting exhaust emissions, as well as further improving performance characteristics. A process known as "form honing" - used to machine the coated cylinder bores in the aluminium crankcase - will be employed for the first time in the manufacture of seriesproduced engines. This allows the pistons' friction losses to be reduced. The switchable oil circuit (and therefore on-demand piston cooling) and single-piece chain for valve train control enable further optimisations. The new belt drive for the alternator, water pump, torsional vibration damper and air conditioning compressor is L-shaped.

Optimised heat management with split cooling

The new petrol engines reduce fuel consumption and emissions by as much as five per cent. At the same time, power output has been increased by up to 5 kW/7 hp and peak torque by up to 10 Newton metres (7 lb-ft). The exhaust manifold and integrated turbocharger are now arranged together in the cylinder head. This enables the flow dynamics of the recirculated exhaust gases to be utilised to particularly positive effect. The turbocharger housing for the three-cylinder engines is made from either aluminium or steel, depending on the output variant; in the four-cylinder units only steel casings are used. The petrol pump and lines have been optimised, with the result that fuel can now be injected at higher pressure. Heat management has been improved thanks to a new coolant pump with separate outlets for the flow of coolant to the cylinder head and engine block. Known as "split cooling", this uses a switchable valve to ensure only the cylinder head is supplied with coolant in the cold running phase or under partial loads. This allows the operating temperature to be reached more quickly and enables better fuel consumption and emissions values under partial loads. The three-cylinder engines have gained a new balancer shaft including modified drive mechanism, while the crankshafts for the petrol and diesel units have been updated and now weigh 1.1 kilograms less.

Diesel engines feature SCR exhaust gas treatment

Turbochargers and common-rail direct injection are central components of the diesel engines and have also been significantly updated. This has led to a reduction of around five per cent not only in fuel consumption and therefore CO2 emissions, but also other pollutant emissions.

Turbocharging for all four-cylinder units is now a two-stage affair involving two turbos. This enables even quicker engine response, while increasing efficiency. The turbocharger system consists of a low-pressure stage with variable inlet geometry and a high-pressure stage, which is fully integrated into the exhaust manifold. To further enhance responsiveness, both turbochargers are equipped with the latest slide bearing technology. The system is controlled by means of the low-pressure stage's electrically adjustable charger vanes as well as the wastegate valve for the high-pressure stage and a compressor bypass, both of which are actuated pneumatically. This allows the supply of compacted air to the combustion chambers to be precisely adjusted to suit the load requirements and driving situation. The most powerful diesel unit features switchable cooling for the housing in the low-pressure stage. The crankshafts for the three- and four-cylinder engines have been revised and now weigh 1.1 kilograms less.

A redesigned system of exhaust gas recirculation (single-stage for the fourcylinder engines, two-stage for the three-cylinder units) ensures particularly effective reduction of nitrogen oxide emissions (NOX). The fuel injectors feature an upgraded system of sensors that enables even more exact metering of the injected fuel. In addition, injection pressure has been raised to 2,200 bar for the three-cylinder engines, 2,500 bar for the four-cylinder units - and 2,700 bar for the most powerful variant. All of the diesels are fitted with a diesel particulate filter, NOx adsorber catalyst and SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) system, which effectively lowers nitrogen oxide levels in the exhaust gases by injecting a urea solution (AdBlue). The AdBlue tank can be topped up at filling stations using the relevant pump.

Three transmission technologies available

The seven-speed dual-clutch Steptronic transmission is making its debut here. This cutting-edge transmission effectively combines two gearboxes - each with its own clutch, one of which is always closed and the other always open - to transfer power to the road. This allows gear changes to be executed in fractions of a second with no interruption in the flow of power, either automatically or using shift paddles on the steering wheel. The long seventh gear keeps revs low and therefore ensures lower fuel consumption on crosscountry and motorway routes.

The eight-speed Steptronic transmission teaming up with the high-torque engines is likewise exceptionally efficient. Fast automatic gear changes ensure the highest possible ratio is always engaged, even at low speeds. For those preferring a particularly dynamic driving style, the eight-speed Steptronic Sport transmission ticks all the right boxes. Manual shift paddles on the steering wheel give the driver the option of intervening directly in the gearchange process.

The six-speed manual gearbox is available for the smaller-engined model variants and allows the driver to shift up through the gears at low revs without compromising on comfort.

The drive system variants for the BMW 2-Series Active Tourer/Gran Tourer

The BMW 2-Series Active Tourer is available with a selection of four petrol engines, one plug-in hybrid drive system and three diesel engines. BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer customers can choose from three petrol engines and three diesels.

The range of petrol engines kicks off with the three-cylinder units in the 216i and 218i. The 216i produces 80 kW/109 hp (fuel consumption combined: 6.1-5.8 l/100 km [46.3-48.7 mpg imp], CO2 emissions: 139-132 g/km) and the 218i develops 103 kW/140 hp (fuel consumption combined: 6.1-5.8 l/100 km [46.3-48.7 mpg imp], CO2 emissions: 137-132 g/km). Meanwhile, the four-cylinder unit in the 220i delivers 141 kW/192 hp (fuel consumption combined: 6.3-5.6 l/100 km [44.8-50.4 mpg imp], CO2 emissions: 143-127 g/km).

The line-up of diesel variants comprises the 216d, 218d/218d xDrive and 220d/220d xDrive. The three-cylinder engine in the 216d produces 85 kW/116 hp (fuel consumption combined: 4.5-4.3 l/100 km [62.8-65.7 mpg imp], CO2 emissions: 117-113 g/km), while the four-cylinder unit develops 110 kW/150 hp in the 218d and 140 kW/190 hp in the 220d (fuel consumption combined: 4.7-4.4 l/100 km [60.1-64.2 mpg imp], CO2 emissions: 125-117 g/km).

The most powerful variant, the 225i xDrive developing 170 kW/231 hp (fuel consumption combined: 6.4-6.1 l/100 km [44.1-46.3 mpg imp], CO2 emissions: 147-139 g/km), is only available for the BMW 2-Series Active Tourer. It comes as standard with BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive and offers AWD-specific virtues such as optimum power transfer under acceleration and through corners, exceptional driving safety and unbeatable traction on snow-covered or wet roads. Added to which, BMW xDrive reduces oversteer and understeer through corners and enhances dynamics. A 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) time of 6.3 seconds represents this model range at its sportiest.

Likewise available exclusively for the BMW 2-Series Active Tourer is a plug-in hybrid variant with system output of 165 kW/224 hp. The BMW 225xe iPerformance has an electric range of 45 kilometres / 28 miles (fuel consumption combined: 2.5-2.3 l/100 km [113-122.8 mpg imp], CO2 emissions: 57-52 g/km).

Finally the diesel use Ad-blue. 

I'll pick the trusty 6-sp Aisin anytime ... too many documented issues with DCTs with the various manufacturers that uses DCT (read VAG ...LOL) and the fact that some of them are ditching the DCT to go back to torque converters.

Very likely to be ZF 7DT45FL with max torque of 390.

PDK is also developed by ZF.

IMO, the Aisin was pretty smooth, glad I helped my friend get the last version.

I wonder if there are any left in stock... 

You want to try aggressive downshift Aisin?

Just puzzled why BMW never redesign the headlights to connect together with the kidney grilles on the facelifted version like wat they have done on the 3, 5 & 7 series?

• Praise 1

Just puzzled why BMW never redesign the headlights to connect together with the kidney grilles on the facelifted version like wat they have done on the 3, 5 & 7 series?

Cos it’s only a facelift
  • Praise 1

Cos itâs only a facelift ð

yup. facelift cannot have too much changes

it will anger the pre-fl buyers and deminish the value for new model coming in

Edited by Wt_know

The 2 is only an entry level model
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1