2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

factory already give you a sport mode map

why still want to flash the ecu [hur]

unless you upgraded the turbo, intercooler, etc that you want higher boost

↡ Advertisement

You can do ECU tuning or install a chip. Can easy tune back to stock or remove the chip before sending back to service. Just check with the installer/shop.

But since you say you are so impressed with the sports mode, just leave it lah. When it gets boring, then do :)

for ECU/chip tuning, does it boost the real torque/bhp or just acceralator remap ah? I see so many claiming that it does boost actual horse power, but that feels like voodoo to me.

for ECU/chip tuning, does it boost the real torque/bhp or just acceralator remap ah? I see so many claiming that it does boost actual horse power, but that feels like voodoo to me.

If you are concern on the HP and torque, please do a dyno run before and after the chip up.  This will be more precise.

• Praise 1

If you are concern on the HP and torque, please do a dyno run before and after the chip up.  This will be more precise.

just trying to understand if the gain is "real" or 'perceived".

Yes.. U get the same warranty of 5yrs . However the free servicing u need to check . Unless u r buying with cash otherwise think twice . Generally pre owned car interested rate much higher . Also check the new car depreciation after the over Trade discount not fake retail price. The fake retail price is for higher loan quantum purposes. Unless the saving is two years worth of depreciation else go buy new car ..

Thanks for your reply and advise. Will probably check with a SA.

Cheers

Sorry petrol

I've collected my car 216i Gran Tourer on 31st Jan 2018.

Running on 18" wheels (225/45/R18 tyres) and getting an average of 11km/L on Esso 98.

70% expressway (avg speed 90km/h to 110km/h), 30% city driving.

Previous ride is 2016 Mazda 5 Skyactiv, also running on 18" wheels (225/40/R18 tyres).

Pump Esso 95 on Mazda 5, but average FC is 10km/L based on same driving routine/ habits.

• Praise 1

Running on 18" wheels (225/45/R18 tyres) and getting an average of 11km/L on Esso 98.

Previous ride is 2016 Mazda 5 Skyactiv, also running on 18" wheels (225/40/R18 tyres).

Pump Esso 95 on Mazda 5, but average FC is 10km/L based on same driving routine/ habits.

How i'm sooooooo glad i got a diesel!   :a-panic:  [drivingcar]  [bounce2]

Yes.. U get the same warranty of 5yrs . However the free servicing u need to check . Unless u r buying with cash otherwise think twice . Generally pre owned car interested rate much higher . Also check the new car depreciation after the over Trade discount not fake retail price. The fake retail price is for higher loan quantum purposes. Unless the saving is two years worth of depreciation else go buy new car ..

Some PPSL cars come with 3yrs warranty ... so do chk with the PPSL sales exec before committing. Otherwise what bro Heman has mentioned for the rest of the items are very true.

• Praise 1

(edited)

i'm getting about 10-10.5. 70% city driving, very jialat. LoL

Pan island trips 20km and above I can do 17+km/l on those trips

Edited by CalixtoTay
  • Praise 1

(edited)

there is really no point to buy 1-2 years old car

the depreciation is same same as new car

in fact it’s even higher after minus the “premium” that comes with new car ie brand new, not been abuse before, uncertainty whether it’s lemon, free servicing, etc

either buy new car or car > 5 years old where the quantum (total price) is much lower can full cash!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

there is really no point to buy 1-2 years old car

the depreciation is same same as new car

in fact it’s even higher after minus the “premium” that comes with new car ie brand new, not been abuse before, uncertainty whether it’s lemon, free servicing, etc

either buy new car or car > 5 years old where the quantum (total price) is much lower can full cash!

PPSL has a lot of car that is about 3-4 months old so should be good buy? 

Anyway for me i prefer a new one and so far happy with my diesel AT. 

Supercharged

Guys,

Petrol

Let me see if I can get this right.

Assumption - 10.5 to 11km/l 

hence took 10.75 km/l

Full Tank - 60 Litres = assumption 55 liters pump in

So 55 litres X 10.75 km = 591.25 km for a full tank.

Cost - Assuming Ron 95 @ $2.20 and after discount is $2.05...x 55 litres = $112.75 per tank. 

Diesel

Assumption - 14 to 16 km/l

hence - 15 km/l

Full Tank - assumption 55 litres pump in

55 litres x 15km/l = 825 km for a full tank.

Cost - Assuming Diesel - $1.61 and after discount is $1.36...x 55 litres = $75.2 per tank

Difference in km between Diesel and Petrol = 591.25 km - 825 km = 234 km

Difference in $$ between Diesel and Petrol - $112.75 - $75.2 = $37.55 per tank.

So make sense if you are a high mileage user to get diesel....the savings of $37 per tank per week(assumption), and in a month roughly $150 bucks.

Does my computation make sense?

• Praise 1

Supercharged

this is always the case for most conti cars. they are designed to travel long distance along highway nit like us city driving.. 

Supercharged

How i'm sooooooo glad i got a diesel!   :a-panic:  [drivingcar]  [bounce2]

bro.. pray singapore dont follow Europe where they banned passenger diesel car..  

wait all diesel cars become worthless ..but i feel unlikely, the most they will keep increasing diesel tax for passenger car forcing you to give up

this is always the case for most conti cars. they are designed to travel long distance along highway nit like us city driving.. 

BMW come out with 1.5L 3 pot for city drive.

Sometime, hi FC has got to do with driving route & habit.

If they drive like me, maybe can get better FC.

↡ Advertisement