2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

Hi guys,

Collected my 6-month old 216i GT (pre-LCI model) from PPSL recently. First impression is that the drive is surprising smooth and more powerful than the 1.5L engine suggests, especially when driving off from rest. My previous ride was a Korean 2L non-turbo engine. However, the boot space is actually quite limited when the 3rd row seats are up. I had to remove the baby stroller just to fit everything in.

My main gripe though is that PML just dropped the price of the 216i GT by $9000 to $142888! Buying new would be a much better move! Sigh

Mas torque at 2k RPM is the reason you feel the car is more powderful

Yeah, I guess it's the torque that matters.

One question - 95 ok for this engine? Or must be 98.

And is it possible to reset the trip meter? I want to measure the distance travelled between a refuel. I can only see the total millege displayed. Thanks!

And is it possible to reset the trip meter? I want to measure the distance travelled between a refuel. I can only see the total millege displayed. Thanks!

These information can see iDrive

• Praise 1

One question - 95 ok for this engine? Or must be 98.

There is a reset button on the speedometer.

Also another button on the left signal stalk. U should see a lettering”BC”, that will change between some info on fc in your speedo. “Km left, avg speed, f/c etc”

PML insurance 2nd year I change and saved a lot....recommend insurance broker u guys can try Whatsapp Nine 362 3352. Cheap fast good!

you are always selling your insurance

Thanks! Sorry for all the noob questions cos this is my first car from this brand.

Can the non-LCI 216i GT use ConnectedDrive and is it worth it to pay to subscribe to it?

I had the comfort access broken down in my f30 before, yes it took abt 2 weeks before parts is being flown in.. meanwhile i just drive my car. Just dont have luxury of opening doors with my hands.

I think comfort access wont spoil if u drive ur car to limits or not, just suay the electronics spoilt.

If u ask me, u still have to get it fix with them no matter what. They wont provide courtesy car for such cases since it doesn’t affect driveability.

Just an update, the part finally reached MA so I sent it in earlier today. SA told me I can collect the car tomorrow morning.

However, I just a received a text stating that the comfort access is NOT fixed despite changing the body domain controller.

What should I do now?

Just an update, the part finally reached MA so I sent it in earlier today. SA told me I can collect the car tomorrow morning.

However, I just a received a text stating that the comfort access is NOT fixed despite changing the body domain controller.

What should I do now?

Try to Kpkb with them since new car. Unreasonable...pretty bad huh... maybe should have gotten an Odyssey [:p]

Try to Kpkb with them since new car. Unreasonable...pretty bad huh... maybe should have gotten an Odyssey [:p]

Oh well what to do, my son picked this car over the harrier that I wanted.  [:p]

Anyways MA found the issue which was a faulty radio module that was not receiving the key fob's signals and I got it back already and it's working fine now.

Total number of days car left in workshop: 7 working days

Edited by Chowdery
  • Praise 2

Oh well what to do, my son picked this car over the harrier that I wanted.  [:p]

Anyways MA found the issue which was a faulty radio module that was not receiving the key fob's signals and I got it back already and it's working fine now.

Total number of days car left in workshop: 7 working days

Was following your discussion. Glad it is resolved.. [thumbsup]

anyone got any coment on this model , the FC how far the performance and usage ? looking into one..

There is already a Thread,p/s use Search button.

Page 2.

• Praise 1

anyone got any coment on this model , the FC how far the performance and usage ? looking into one..

nice, conveniently ignored 239 pages of discussion.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2