2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

Is BMW 216d AT a good 2nd hand buy?

For Diesel engine, the maintenance will be high after 5 years.

Other then that, it is a fine car.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

For Diesel engine, the maintenance will be high after 5 years.

Other then that, it is a fine car.

Why is it high after 5 years?

Neutral Newbie

just registered to ask.. anyone having issue with leather seat dirty. cannot clean one. tried using leather cleaner. lemon. all not working.

Hi all. Need some help as I'm calculating the cost of a mgt car. SE suggested that I go for rikecool platinum series which is 1600 before gst. Any feedbacks? Somehow he did not recommend 3M crystalline.

He also suggested that I reuse my blackvue F/R cam in my current car which is powered by an extra battery. Am I correct to say that there would be no risk to avoid warranty if I go back to my earlier workshop to install back? Some bros mentioned earlier about risk to avoid warranty when it comes to electrical.

Servicing is every 15km. Does this mean it would be 6 servicings if take up 5 years/ 100k km bsi?

Thanks!

Hi all. Need some help as I'm calculating the cost of a mgt car. SE suggested that I go for rikecool platinum series which is 1600 before gst. Any feedbacks? Somehow he did not recommend 3M crystalline.

He also suggested that I reuse my blackvue F/R cam in my current car which is powered by an extra battery. Am I correct to say that there would be no risk to avoid warranty if I go back to my earlier workshop to install back? Some bros mentioned earlier about risk to avoid warranty when it comes to electrical.

Servicing is every 15km. Does this mean it would be 6 servicings if take up 5 years/ 100k km bsi?

Thanks!

For dashcam, charged by ciggy is the safest option.

For oil change servicing, it’s condition based servicing. The mileage could be lower than 15k depends on how you drive.

Doesn’t mean no chiong = good.

Thanks!

You should check what’s the nett savings you get and see if buying that vs a new car is really a good deal...

Thanks!

3M film is actually PML in-house installer

DashCam wise safer to use cig point for self install

unless you ask for PML ACE2.0 now 888

oil service is 12k km

BSI is 5years or 100K km whichever come first

but oil service and filter only

wear and tear not included unless BSI+ :a-toast:

Edited by Inlinefour
  • Praise 1

For dashcam, charged by ciggy is the safest option.

For oil change servicing, itâs condition based servicing. The mileage could be lower than 15k depends on how you drive.

Doesnât mean no chiong = good.

Thanks Bro for sharing. Could I use my spare battery to record after engine off if charge via ciggy?

The oil change is every 12km or 15km? Am I right to presume it's tied in with my servicing? I'm a pretty light footed most of the time..

• Praise 1

You should check whatâs the nett savings you get and see if buying that vs a new car is really a good deal...

I calculated that the difference between a new and mgt car is at least 20k difference due to the interest. Even with the 11k OT for new, I'm effectively paying for it in my monthly instalments. Furthermore SE only provided 3 yrs warranty, servicing (wo bsi+), 1yr road tax and solar film. Seems like the costs of these will still be cheaper than getting new. Pls correct if my understanding is wrong or u have a better SE to intro
  • Praise 1

3M film is actually PML in-house installer

DashCam wise safer to use cig point for self install

unless you ask for PML ACE2.0 now 888

oil service is 12k km

BSI is 5years or 100K km whichever come first

but oil service and filter only

wear and tear not included unless BSI+ :a-toast:

Thanks Bro for sharing. Any reason why PML does not recommend their own in-house installer? Quality?

I read reviews on ace2.0..Seems like drivers use it more from no choice to avoid voiding the warranty. The ace2.0 offers recording when engine off. Is it because it taps power from car battery?

My annual mileage is 25k and I read earlier that it's worth buying bsi+.

However PM Select SE said that preown cars can't purchase bsi+. The PML SE also said it's only offer to higher performance car like 7 series. Puzzled me coz I read from this thread that it's possible. Wondering if they are honest with me.

Thanks!

PPSL? servicing is condition based but most of the time will be 10-12k km. Suggest to install yourself outside and ask for further discount. How much discount off the price list for the management car? mostly can nego quite a bit off.

I am using iroad, no issue with warranty currently.

Thanks Bro for sharing. Any reason why PML does not recommend their own in-house installer? Quality?

I read reviews on ace2.0..Seems like drivers use it more from no choice to avoid voiding the warranty. The ace2.0 offers recording when engine off. Is it because it taps power from car battery?

My annual mileage is 25k and I read earlier that it's worth buying bsi+.

However PM Select SE said that preown cars can't purchase bsi+. The PML SE also said it's only offer to higher performance car like 7 series. Puzzled me coz I read from this thread that it's possible. Wondering if they are honest with me.

After you buy the car, you can get BSI+ from the pml workshop. Normally BSI+ not included. ACE2.0 not that good also. Normally PPSL dont offer solar film also. the 3m solar film is not very good.

• Praise 1

Thanks Bro for sharing. Could I use my spare battery to record after engine off if charge via ciggy?

The oil change is every 12km or 15km? Am I right to presume it's tied in with my servicing? I'm a pretty light footed most of the time..

As long as spare battery got power, car cam will draw power from spare battery.

For oil change service, it’s not fixed at 12k km. You need to check idrive how long before next service.

I am heavy footed. Usually my oil change service extend by 1,000 to 2,000km.

I calculated that the difference between a new and mgt car is at least 20k difference due to the interest. Even with the 11k OT for new, I'm effectively paying for it in my monthly instalments. Furthermore SE only provided 3 yrs warranty, servicing (wo bsi+), 1yr road tax and solar film. Seems like the costs of these will still be cheaper than getting new. Pls correct if my understanding is wrong or u have a better SE to intro

• Praise 1

PPSL? servicing is condition based but most of the time will be 10-12k km. Suggest to install yourself outside and ask for further discount. How much discount off the price list for the management car? mostly can nego quite a bit off.

I am using iroad, no issue with warranty currently.

After you buy the car, you can get BSI+ from the pml workshop. Normally BSI+ not included. ACE2.0 not that good also. Normally PPSL dont offer solar film also. the 3m solar film is not very good.

Thanks for sharing. Yes for ppsl. Cost difference of 28k comparing the list price of new (167k) and an apr 19 model (140k). Ppsl only offered 5k off but that was deducted from my trade in value. Do you know realistically how much the discount could be?

How did u install your iroad?

For oil change service, itâs not fixed at 12k km. You need to check idrive how long before next service.

Means chiong better for the eo n engine?
  • Praise 1

For oil change service, itâs not fixed at 12k km. You need to check idrive how long before next service.

Sorry, do u meant it's possible to use the ciggy to power the spare batt and then the cam?

I think I get it now. The idrive will inform when is the next servicing.

If you have done your sums and got the real nett price, that's fine. Because the posted price does not include all the deals. So it makes the 2nd hand car look cheap. But if you have a 20k real difference, then it's worth considering.

If you work for a stat board, you can get BSI+ free..

The 20k is before the excess such as solar firm, road tax, servicing, etc. But a 3mth old car is still relatively new so it makes sense I guess.

Do U have the list of Stat boards? The SE said can only Check when interested. Does this apply only new cars?

↡ Advertisement