2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

Thanks Bro for sharing. Any reason why PML does not recommend their own in-house installer? Quality?

I read reviews on ace2.0..Seems like drivers use it more from no choice to avoid voiding the warranty. The ace2.0 offers recording when engine off. Is it because it taps power from car battery?

My annual mileage is 25k and I read earlier that it's worth buying bsi+.

However PM Select SE said that preown cars can't purchase bsi+. The PML SE also said it's only offer to higher performance car like 7 series. Puzzled me coz I read from this thread that it's possible. Wondering if they are honest with me.

TBH although they install Dark Crystalline(for 7er) on mine ... still find my ex car using CNL Titan better (maybe non lta friendly) 

yes me using ace2.0 because of warranty cos my classmate kenna dashcam void...not worth

parking mode recording about 6 hours and power from ASS batt

ok on BSI+ is purchase from PML not PPSL but you can go BIS Auto aka (MA) to buy service package same same cheaper

PS. me dont work for MA PML PPSL...just a regular "water fish" to them  :a-toast:  [drivingcar]

As long as spare battery got power, car cam will draw power from spare battery.

For oil change service, it’s not fixed at 12k km. You need to check idrive how long before next service.

I am heavy footed. Usually my oil change service extend by 1,000 to 2,000km.

strange leh bro...when I "loot" it iDrive said earlier oil service date

when I drove like my GrandMa then prompt 12k

but my iL4 annual is 6k only currently 

last time iL6 13k annually  :a-toast:  [drivingcar]

I think I get it now. The idrive will inform when is the next servicing.

The 20k is before the excess such as solar firm, road tax, servicing, etc. But a 3mth old car is still relatively new so it makes sense I guess.

Do U have the list of Stat boards? The SE said can only Check when interested. Does this apply only new cars?

cso will call you for service booking but remember go before it turn "red" cos warranty might be gone again

3 months should be test drive unit I guess

new car then possible to ask for it  :a-toast:  [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Thanks Bro for sharing. Could I use my spare battery to record after engine off if charge via ciggy?

The oil change is every 12km or 15km? Am I right to presume it's tied in with my servicing? I'm a pretty light footed most of the time..

Under the 5yrs free servicing, dun need to care if u r light footed or not. As soon as mileage or 6mth hit, they will call u up for servicing.
  • Praise 1

Sorry, do u meant it's possible to use the ciggy to power the spare batt and then the cam?

The 20k is before the excess such as solar firm, road tax, servicing, etc. But a 3mth old car is still relatively new so it makes sense I guess.

Do U have the list of Stat boards? The SE said can only Check when interested. Does this apply only new cars?

- new cars

- you have to ask your salesman bro..

- when I helped a friend get her car, the 2nd hand ones didn't make sense after you factor in the discounts and the features missing, so do your checklist..

Ask your rep, that's what he's for... if he wants his commission..

Sorry, do u meant it's possible to use the ciggy to power the spare batt and then the cam?

Plug the cam into spare battery.

Plug battery charger into ciggy.

• Praise 1

last time iL6 13k annually  :a-toast:  [drivingcar]

That's what happens to my N13.  There was a time 3 - 4 months only my wife drive short distance to work daily.

Oil change service reduce from 10k km to 3k km.

• Praise 1

Means chiong better for the eo n engine?

Yes for Direct Injection Turbocharged Engines. [thumbsup] Slow or short Distance Driving will cause the Oil to dilute faster... [bigcry] Honda 1.5 Turbo Engines already suffered from this every 6,000km needs to change Oil... [thumbsdown]

• Praise 1

Hi all. Need some help as I'm calculating the cost of a mgt car. SE suggested that I go for rikecool platinum series which is 1600 before gst. Any feedbacks? Somehow he did not recommend 3M crystalline.

He also suggested that I reuse my blackvue F/R cam in my current car which is powered by an extra battery. Am I correct to say that there would be no risk to avoid warranty if I go back to my earlier workshop to install back? Some bros mentioned earlier about risk to avoid warranty when it comes to electrical.

Servicing is every 15km. Does this mean it would be 6 servicings if take up 5 years/ 100k km bsi?

Thanks!

The 3M Crystalline installed by PML seem like very low grade, I can feel the heat when sun shine on my skin. Likely will switch to Vkool.

TBH although they install Dark Crystalline(for 7er) on mine ... still find my ex car using CNL Titan better (maybe non lta friendly)

yes me using ace2.0 because of warranty cos my classmate kenna dashcam void...not worth

parking mode recording about 6 hours and power from ASS batt

ok on BSI+ is purchase from PML not PPSL but you can go BIS Auto aka (MA) to buy service package same same cheaper

PS. me dont work for MA PML PPSL...just a regular "water fish" to them :a-toast:[drivingcar]

last time iL6 13k annually :a-toast:[drivingcar]

cso will call you for service booking but remember go before it turn "red" cos warranty might be gone again

3 months should be test drive unit I guess

new car then possible to ask for it :a-toast:[drivingcar]

Thanks for sharing. Do U know if doing the solar firm outside would affect the warranty?

ASS = auto start stop? Is this a separate battery from the normal car battery? Coz I'm worried that to tap power from the car battery would reduce battery life..

Thanks for recommending BIS auto. If I purchase the package from them, I have to send my car to their workshop in teban gardens rite? Coz I stay in the east..

The SE that attended to me said that BSI+ is only for the higher end models e.g. 7 series

- new cars

- you have to ask your salesman bro..

- when I helped a friend get her car, the 2nd hand ones didn't make sense after you factor in the discounts and the features missing, so do your checklist..

Ask your rep, that's what he's for... if he wants his commission..

Thanks Bro. Frankly I was abit surprised with the different replies from PML and PPSL wrt to the bsi+. I guess that's why owners have to do their homework. Just saw your recommendation. Will ask tmr

Thanks for sharing. Do U know if doing the solar firm outside would affect the warranty?

ASS = auto start stop? Is this a separate battery from the normal car battery? Coz I'm worried that to tap power from the car battery would reduce battery life..

Thanks for recommending BIS auto. If I purchase the package from them, I have to send my car to their workshop in teban gardens rite? Coz I stay in the east..

The SE that attended to me said that BSI+ is only for the higher end models e.g. 7 series

You donât need to get a higher end BMW to enjoy BSI+

Your 2 can enjoy it too

Thanks Bro for the confirmation!

Solar confirm no problem

Ass battery 2 years warranty

Yes I stay far from teban too

116 also can buy plus too

Plus means all in

If 2 years then maybe can consider the ace2.0 for warranty purposes. Thanks for your sharing!
  • Praise 1

Not sure is this a typical selling price or a car expo special, 216i active tourer sport is selling at 127,888. 

Trying to understand how the pricing works as retail price is 142,888.

Retail Price: 142,888
Overtrade: 15,000
Effective Selling Price: 127,888

Bank Loan: 60% of 142,888
Downpayment: (40% of 142,888) - 15,000 - trade in value of my current car

Is my working correct?

Edited by Splinter

recently sent my 216i GT to PML for regular servicing and they updated the car software for the engine which took an entire afternoon.

FC dropped from 11.4km/l to 9.7km/l after the update (similar driving pattern/ routes). Is anyone also facing a similar drop in FC?

Edited by Chowdery

On 10/5/2019 at 10:35 PM, Splinter said:

Not sure is this a typical selling price or a car expo special, 216i active tourer sport is selling at 127,888. 

Trying to understand how the pricing works as retail price is 142,888.

Retail Price: 142,888
Overtrade: 15,000
Effective Selling Price: 127,888

Bank Loan: 60% of 142,888
Downpayment: (40% of 142,888) - 15,000 - trade in value of my current car

Is my working correct?

The overtrade can be either use on your existing car or direct discount off the price. 

Lets say, ur car traded in at $100k, with overtrade $15k = $115k. If there is outstanding loan of eg $60k, u get back $55k cash as down payment for the new car @ $142,888. Top up est $1.7k to make up the shortfall downpayment balance ($142,888*40%).

The other case - 

Ur trade in $100k. Outstanding loan $60k, u get back $40k. However u wish to get a 60% loan based on discounted price $127,888. downpayment (127888*40%) = 51, 555.

So in this case, u need to top up est $11k to the shortfall for the downpayment. 

Really depends on your cash outlay. Whether u want to top up less cash to change car,  or whether to top up significantly more (1.7k compared to 11k) to save on bank loan interest. 

Edited by Rayoflight
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1