2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

1 hour ago, jk228b said:

or go visit a few other car dealers..

for my case PML offered the highest trade in...even wo the overtrade

sometimes like this.. when they need to clear stock, hit monthly or annual figures, or whatever. maybe 8/10 times outside better.

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys, just wanted to check if upgrading to BSI+ is worthwhile. Heard that the BMW brake pads are thin haha. Just to have a gauge, what's the cost and mileage to change brake pads and brake disc at pml? I'm averaging 14000 km mileage per year.

On 3/22/2020 at 11:52 AM, shev88 said:

Hi guys, just wanted to check if upgrading to BSI+ is worthwhile. Heard that the BMW brake pads are thin haha. Just to have a gauge, what's the cost and mileage to change brake pads and brake disc at pml? I'm averaging 14000 km mileage per year.

I recall the pirce of BSI+ was about 2.8k? and valid only for 5 years or certain mileage. 

I changed my front pads at abt 40k mileage and the rears at ard 50k mileage. each time I incurred costs of $400+. 

You will need to change both pads >3 times to break even.  Don think you can hit the mileage with your annual mileage

Does anyone know which model of replacement Bosch wiper blade is suitable for our car. seems like theres a few type of models out there? i know the length is 26/19/ 11. thanks!

Hi, 

any brothers or sisters having noice problem with their 216D?

i am driving a 2017 216D, for few months I felt that the noice level is really bad, I read about that this model sound proofing is rather poor, not sure any one having the same problem? If yes, what have you done to reduce the noice (beside selling it off 😀, Liao Kar Seow so can not sell now)
For me, I did wheel arc sound proofing, added extra door rubber to reduce noice on all 5 doors but still not able to solve or even reduce the noice. 
Trying to see if anyone had experience in this which can share.

52 minutes ago, Potato-head said:

Hi, 

i am driving a 2017 216D, for few months I felt that the noice level is really bad, I read about that this model sound proofing is rather poor, not sure any one having the same problem? If yes, what have you done to reduce the noice (beside selling it off 😀, Liao Kar Seow so can not sell now)
For me, I did wheel arc sound proofing, added extra door rubber to reduce noice on all 5 doors but still not able to solve or even reduce the noice. 

music play louder 😂. tbh not bad la. previous cars i've driven sound proofing worse than this.

1 hour ago, Potato-head said:

Hi, 

You need to know what is the root cause of the noise. 

Engine noise? Road noise?  Wind noise?

First thing I will said check the tyre, since you drive a few month. So should be 2nd hand and need to see what tyre previous owner used.

13 hours ago, Potato-head said:

Hi, 

Check out Facebook,Friend with a same Model Owner,test drive his Car & Compare.

17 hours ago, Potato-head said:

Hi, 

Is the car fitted with RFT? If yes, this could be one of the main contributors of the noise. If you not using RFT, the noise shld be bearable inside the car. Outside the car of course being diesel, it is noisy.

The issue with this car is actually vibration esp as car gets older. Wear and tear of Mounting is 1 cause but the other 2 reasons is cos it's 3 cylinder and also being diesel, vibration is greater than 4 cylinder petrol cars. 

• Praise 5

17 minutes ago, Spring said:

Is the car fitted with RFT? If yes, this could be one of the main contributors of the noise. If you not using RFT, the noise shld be bearable inside the car. Outside the car of course being diesel, it is noisy.

The issue with this car is actually vibration esp as car gets older. Wear and tear of Mounting is 1 cause but the other 2 reasons is cos it's 3 cylinder and also being diesel, vibration is greater than 4 cylinder petrol cars. 

Can try Polyurethane engine mounting

https://www.powerflex.co.uk/products/F45%2C+F46+Active+Tourer+(2014+-)-3531/1.html

To reduce engine vibration

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hi, 

Just bought a used 2016 216d AT. Warranty with PML till 2022 and free servicings. 

Going to swap my 6mths old Pirelli tyres with the AT's RFT coz too bumpy. Old back cannot take it. 

The current AT has no camera so I intend to bring over my front n rear cam (iRoad X9) from my Jetta. Will it void the warranty? Can't do without cam though. 

Also thinking of transferring my brand new batt from my Jetta to the AT. 

Is it possible and feasible? Will it cause any issue? I intend to turn off the start/stop as I don't really like it during the test drive. 

Thanks in advance! 

11 hours ago, Ommph said:

Hi, 

Just bought a used 2016 216d AT. Warranty with PML till 2022 and free servicings. 

Going to swap my 6mths old Pirelli tyres with the AT's RFT coz too bumpy. Old back cannot take it. 

The current AT has no camera so I intend to bring over my front n rear cam (iRoad X9) from my Jetta. Will it void the warranty? Can't do without cam though. 

Also thinking of transferring my brand new batt from my Jetta to the AT. 

Is it possible and feasible? Will it cause any issue? I intend to turn off the start/stop as I don't really like it during the test drive. 

Thanks in advance! 

will not void. i did the same for mine. i even on parking mode. no issues with battery at all. 

as for battery, make sure to check whether the specs are the same first. if not it will not work. not all batteries are the same. 

Thank you for your advice. Good to know that. 

Ya, just checked. Battery cannot go over. Gonna sell it in the VW forum. 

Tyres also cannot swap. Mine is 205755/16 n PA mechanic said AT min is 205/60/16. 

Super sian. 

↡ Advertisement