2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

11 hours ago, Ommph said:

Hi, 

Just bought a used 2016 216d AT. Warranty with PML till 2022 and free servicings. 

Going to swap my 6mths old Pirelli tyres with the AT's RFT coz too bumpy. Old back cannot take it. 

The current AT has no camera so I intend to bring over my front n rear cam (iRoad X9) from my Jetta. Will it void the warranty? Can't do without cam though. 

Also thinking of transferring my brand new batt from my Jetta to the AT. 

Is it possible and feasible? Will it cause any issue? I intend to turn off the start/stop as I don't really like it during the test drive. 

Thanks in advance! 

How come your warranty is 6 years? (2016 to 2022)

Be careful with the cam wiring, do go to a reputable shop to do it. Poor wiring fix can cause the battery to be drained and might affect warranty.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

12 hours ago, Ommph said:

Hi, 

Just bought a used 2016 216d AT. Warranty with PML till 2022 and free servicings. 

Going to swap my 6mths old Pirelli tyres with the AT's RFT coz too bumpy. Old back cannot take it. 

The current AT has no camera so I intend to bring over my front n rear cam (iRoad X9) from my Jetta. Will it void the warranty? Can't do without cam though. 

Also thinking of transferring my brand new batt from my Jetta to the AT. 

Is it possible and feasible? Will it cause any issue? I intend to turn off the start/stop as I don't really like it during the test drive. 

Thanks in advance! 

If you really want to avoid warranty issue, install Cellink (or similar).  Cellink charged via ciggy.

For car battery, it is not worth the effort as it requires registration of the battery in ECU.

Once it is registered, it is likely charged like a new car battery.  It might speed up the demise of the battery.

4 hours ago, Spring said:

How come your warranty is 6 years? (2016 to 2022)

Be careful with the cam wiring, do go to a reputable shop to do it. Poor wiring fix can cause the battery to be drained and might affect warranty.

Warranty is 5yrs. The car is reg on Jan 2017..no much different from 2016. 

3 hours ago, inlinesix said:

If you really want to avoid warranty issue, install Cellink (or similar).  Cellink charged via ciggy.

For car battery, it is not worth the effort as it requires registration of the battery in ECU.

Once it is registered, it is likely charged like a new car battery.  It might speed up the demise of the battery.

Thanks for the advice. I am going back to Foon Audio who installed the cam on my Jetta. 

Ya, agreed abt battery. Just feel wasted as the battery is only 1 mth old. 

• Praise 1

Hi, 

Been driving my F45 for abt 2 weeks. Had changed out the RFT to Yokohama normal tyres. However, passengers still complained that the ride is bumpy. 

Is this normally for F45? 

20 minutes ago, Ommph said:

Hi, 

Been driving my F45 for abt 2 weeks. Had changed out the RFT to Yokohama normal tyres. However, passengers still complained that the ride is bumpy. 

Is this normally for F45? 

i drive an f46, using pirelli p7. ride is ok. maybe did u use sports mode? it makes the ride harsher. 

Using comfort mode all the way. 

I am wondering if the shock absorber has some issue. 

My motion sickness mum can sit in my previous VW ride without any issue but not this F45. 

1 hour ago, Ommph said:

Using comfort mode all the way. 

I am wondering if the shock absorber has some issue. 

My motion sickness mum can sit in my previous VW ride without any issue but not this F45. 

hmm maybe? why not just send to PML let them check, esp since ur car still under warranty. 

On 10/17/2020 at 12:17 AM, ZW44 said:

i drive an f46, using pirelli p7. ride is ok. maybe did u use sports mode? it makes the ride harsher. 

Sport mode should do nothing to ride quality unless its possible to spec adaptive suspension in this car.All it does on non adaptive suspension equipped BMWs is increase throttle response and tighten up the steering wheel response.

29 minutes ago, shrjun said:

Sport mode should do nothing to ride quality unless its possible to spec adaptive suspension in this car.All it does on non adaptive suspension equipped BMWs is increase throttle response and tighten up the steering wheel response.

Also change the upshift/downshift pattern.

• Praise 1

Went to PML and they have solved the issue. The transmission mounting is deformed so it has been changed. And correct tyre pressure has been set. I shouldn't have assumed that the tyre shop will set the correct pressure when I changed my tyres. 

• Praise 1

Just got a Gran Tourer. Does it come with TPMS i.e shows the values of the pressure? What I'm seeing now is just a colour indication of the tyre pressure (green)

Hi guys, asking for a friend who just bought a new 216 Active Tourer few months back but he not on forum.

His FC is about 10km/litre after about 3000km of running in. I sat in his car, dont think he drives very fast or aggressive. Is this normal real world FC? Me and him were expecting much better FC from a 1.5t.

Thanks.

On 11/1/2020 at 11:38 AM, Starushz said:

Just got a Gran Tourer. Does it come with TPMS i.e shows the values of the pressure? What I'm seeing now is just a colour indication of the tyre pressure (green)

No.

The TPMS is not the reading type ie (not)able to read what the exact pressure is. It is based on revolutions which means if there is a puncture, revolutions will be different from when properly inflated and thus the TPMS will detect it as a puncture and alert accordingly but this type will have a lag unlike the TPMS which can read the exact pressure n so detects faster. Hope this clarifies.

• Praise 4

48 minutes ago, Ake109 said:

Hi guys, asking for a friend who just bought a new 216 Active Tourer few months back but he not on forum.

His FC is about 10km/litre after about 3000km of running in. I sat in his car, dont think he drives very fast or aggressive. Is this normal real world FC? Me and him were expecting much better FC from a 1.5t.

Thanks.

If he does mostly City driving and short distances then 10km/l is about right for petrol. I got 12km/l for Gran Tourer diesel largely due to short distances and mostly City driving as well. Diesel on paper is suppose to have better FC by approx 25%

• Praise 3

Normally the bmw car will come with “Wheel Speed sensor” (i think is what they call it), so when tyre puncture and not rotating as usual, it will pop alert.

BMW also have TPMS that measure the pressure, however, 216AT or GT does not come “preinstalled”, will have to buy/fit them outside.

On 12/16/2020 at 2:57 PM, Ake109 said:

Thanks.

Since it is mentioned new 216AT, I presume it is petrol. Like another member mentioned, if mostly city drive, it really sucks. 

I am driving a 216iGT, I am almost 80~90% highway with remaining city drive. My first few tanks are at about 9~10 km/L. Lately is at about 11~12KM/L. Cannot really compare to the diesel model. As my ex diesel models mostly fetching about 13~16KM/L of diesel.\

So i would suggest is to enjoy the ride more than concerning on the FC.. ;)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2