2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

U got skill mah but do try it out but don't do it when there's a queue behind u waiting for u to park though, cheers!

now now ... how can there be no queue with that adv ?  :D rite timing

post-59158-0-53518100-1492946453_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Do any of you use Paint Protection System like the CeramicPro? Any offers or group MO?

Cheers!

Am keen as well if we can get a good price with group buy
  • Praise 1

Would love to hear those who have seen both the New Grand Scenic 2017 and the GT to hear on their assessment and decisions.

Some of my own observations:

GS:

- more refined Diesel engine (not as loud and vibrating in comparison)

- lovely 20" wheels!

- Sexy styling and that French chic flair

- Pretty upmarket interior upholstery quality

- More supportive and comfy seats, esp. the driver seats that has upper thigh support and side-body support

- firmer suspension setup

- cruise control

- HUGE Panaromic roof

- 5yr peace of mind warranty + 3yr FOC servicing

- $25k less than GT!!!!!

GT:

- better handling and driveability; like any BMW models

- ConnectedDrive/SOS/Safety features like LDW, FCW, 8 airbags

- Self-parking feature

- E-Tailgate

- Elec & Memory seats

- 5yr peace of mind warranty

- that BMW badge!! Better resell value?

My colleauge used to own a French car, to me, avoid French make at all cost.  May not be fair as His is Citrion but hear enough of it so at the end, the 25k cheaper may not be cheaper.

• Praise 1

My colleauge used to own a French car, to me, avoid French make at all cost.  May not be fair as His is Citrion but hear enough of it so at the end, the 25k cheaper may not be cheaper.

Yeap ... heard of that from handful of Pug owners too. But if not because of their 5yrs/150k warranty, I wasn't even tempted - but because of that, it gave a longer term assurances on the warranty for Renault. Pug is still at 3yrs/100k and that's something I won't even be tempted no matter how sexy/avantgarde their car is (e.g. the New 3008 and 5008).

But you've got a point abt the infamous 'issues' that French cars have been plagued with - i was eventually made more concerned with potential resell value after the 5yrs though.  Save to say, French cars are HARD to move in the used market unless one plans to drive all the way to scrap.

Cheers!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I tested C4 and GT, renault espace... and toyota wish too as the base reference. Really love the citroen. Doesnt feel so diesel-ly. I love the massage seats. I can imagine needing that when stuck at 2nd link. Clever interior. Easy to lift 2nd row.

Then i thought what is the price diff in terms of %, and If i'm spending stupid money on a car would i be content with a jap, french or bmw? ie if i'm driving one, would i end up saying "if only i've bought the other one...."

GT won in the end.

• Praise 2

Agree that on 1st impression that both French cars made huge impression on me - and prob that's why the C4GP made a huge impact on sales at its price level without taking all the factors into consideration (e.g. The well-known problems that quite many owners are suffering from).

In the end, ended up also getting a GT due to the 5yr warranty and servicing that they hv offered with the better and faster turnover in the used car market.

Like what few have said here, if spend so much for a car at this stage, just spend a bit more on the assurance

Hi,

any bros can advise at what mileage do you require to change the brake pads for 216D GT ?

and the cost of changing at PML ?

• Praise 1

Hi,

any bros can advise at what mileage do you require to change the brake pads for 216D GT ?

idrive will tell you when to change.

Hi,

It differs from 1 to another - there's a poll on brake pad changes on 2GT FB Group - most change between 20-30k mileage but iDrive will indicate when to change as the wear of pads will differ from 1 driver to another.

Typically, PML charges $500+ just for the front pads and $930 for all 4 front and rear pads (this includes servicing them and replacing the wear sensors).

PM the 2GT admin (Roy Ong) to gain access if you already own a GT. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/537992893072659/

I did not realize that there is an expiry to the full suite of ConnectedDrive. I find it ridiculous though.

Anyone knows how much it cost to renew after 3 years?

Supercharged

I did not realize that there is an expiry to the full suite of ConnectedDrive. I find it ridiculous though.

$200-$300 ba....only 1.5 yrs since launch, dun need to renew yet...so answer is dunno...

my SE said high 200 plus side when I asked. your SE didn't give u the full pic leh.

so far only use e GPS w real time traffic info function. rest didn't really touch. maybe I am not realising is full potential!

Occasionally I used concierge service. I think the full suite includes map so meaning the map will not be updated too which most of us are using

Why is it ridiculous?

Roadside assistance provided to you over warranty period is paid by PML.

ConnecteDrive provided to you over 3 years also paid by PML.

There is no free lunch hor.

Supercharged

Why is it ridiculous?

Roadside assistance provided to you over warranty period is paid by PML.

ConnecteDrive provided to you over 3 years also paid by PML.

There is no free lunch hor.

And no prizes for the answer who pays to PML!
↡ Advertisement