2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

(edited)

Wait till got warranty claim lor.

Actually, both Spurman and what David says are also correct ... in the end, if there's any affected fault that is directly linked back to the brake pads/rotors changed which was done outside of PML, then PML will not honour the warranty.

Of course, they won't void the whole car warranty - so Spurman is also correct.

If you don't want to take a chance, just send into PML during the warranty period ... otherwise, can always take the chance and "good job, have faith" attitude and save a couple hundred knowing that 99% it should be A-OK ... just ... hope that 1% don't bite back ...  [thumbsup]

End of the day - while its within the 5-year warranty period provided for your BMW - why skimp when you already paid a tonne to own and drive a Bimmer?? [cool]  

Edited by Laojiao
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Actually, both Spurman and what David says are also correct ... in the end, if there's any affected fault that is directly linked back to the brake pads/rotors changed which was done outside of PML, then PML will not honour the warranty.

Of course, they won't void the whole car warranty - so Spurman is also correct.

If you don't want to take a chance, just send into PML during the warranty period ... otherwise, can always take the chance and "good job, have faith" attitude and save a couple hundred knowing that 99% it should be A-OK ... just ... hope that 1% don't bite back ... [thumbsup]

End of the day - while its within the 5-year warranty period provided for your BMW - why skimp when you already paid a tonne to own and drive a Bimmer?? [cool]

I reckon i will change front brake pads once every 9 months. Bought for 200bucks with a sensor and paid dunno how much for someone to changr for me.

Saves ard 300bucks easily each time.

Coz every 25k need to change. Pls buy original brake pads too.

• Praise 1

Does anyone has a recommendation for rubber floor mat for the BMW Gran tourer?

Those sold by Performance motor is very expensive at $252 and boot mat at $216.

All ADs the same, in theory they can void warranty on the part you have changed outside cos they can claim your mechanic fixed it wrongly, part is not suitable etc

But ADs do not void warranty lightly cos their reputation is at stake if they use this void warranty loosely so for those owners who got their warranty void, it was likely that particular part was faulty due to actual issue when it was fixed outside.

Eg 1)Battery connected to car cam without cut-off caused the battery to prematurely wear out, this will void warranty as car cams fixed by AD would normally have a cut-off or it should be connected to external pack so AD can't possibly be made to change the battery for a fault not of their making.

2)Bumper sprayed outside and the spray painting shop did not connect the PDC wires correctly thereby causing a short circuit or rendered the PDC sensor faulty which requires replacement. Again AD can't responsible for a fault not of their making. For this particular issue, it is debatable whether it was actually the paint shop who caused the PDC sensor to spoil but by spraying outside, u risk AD finding fault with u and giving them the possibility of using this excuse to void warranty. 

The above is non exhaustive and just a sampling of why an AD void warranty, hope this helps.

• Praise 13

I reckon i will change front brake pads once every 9 months. Bought for 200bucks with a sensor and paid dunno how much for someone to changr for me.

Saves ard 300bucks easily each time.

Coz every 25k need to change. Pls buy original brake pads too.

hi can share where did you buy it from? forsee myself doing so in a few months time as well...

How is your experience using the BMW advanced Eye camera?

I heard that you may need to format the SD card every 3 weeks? Otherwise, it will prompt you for defragmentation.

Is that very irritating? Is there any way to resolve this issue?

Supercharged

hi can share where did you buy it from? forsee myself doing so in a few months time as well...

Like laojiao says. Eng soon at kaki bukit.

I heard that you may need to format the SD card every 3 weeks? Otherwise, it will prompt you for defragmentation.

If you have been using brands like Blackvue etc then for a start yes very irritating but you will get used to it. Honestly after awhile I kind of realised it's not as frequent. Not sure why. The cons I noticed after using for a few months:

1) the place where it's installed, it's not in the centre (on passenger side) so it's unable to capture the full windscreen

2) the recording capacity is small. For instance if you forget to save it down to your hard disk, you are sure that it will be overwritten overnight.

I personally prefer Blackvue.

http://www.pml-bmw.com.sg/en/topics/offers-and-services/personal-services/service-inclusive.html

If you are on BMW Service Inclusive Plus package, according to the breakdown - brake pads and discs are included:

The BMW Service Inclusive Plus package comprises:

Maintenance

⢠Engine oil service plus top-ups

⢠Vehicle check and standard scopes

⢠Service/replacement of air filter

⢠Service/replacement of fuel filter

⢠Service/replacement of micro filter

⢠Service/replacement of spark plugs

⢠Service/replacement of brake fluid

Wear & tear

⢠Replacement of front/rear brake pads

⢠Replacement of front/rear brake discs

⢠Replacement of clutch

⢠Replacement of wiper blades (during the engine oil service)

I assume most of us are only given the Bmw service inclusive basic?

I don't think e images r v clear..can't see number plate of car in front that clearly. any bros feel e same way?

troublesome to reformat but managable. couple of taps on e screen n it's done

how much to upgrade to this package? seems like almost everything is covered...

ah. battery is not

Yes - that's the standard give away when they have freebies and promos

I don't think e images r v clear..can't see number plate of car in front that clearly. any bros feel e same way?

ah. battery is not

The BSI+ package covers most of the wear and tear parts like pads/rotors/wipers for 5yrs/100k

ah. battery is not

I am interested to know too on the amount to top up to the "plus" package

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I believe the BSI Plus should be either paid or for those who bought under corporate schemes. [;)]

But even for BSI Plus PML states that it's 5 years/100k km - If you exceed 100K within 5 years - should revert back to BSI - for the remaining period.

Edited by bigbertha88

It costs $3000.

Hmm ... for GT? I remember I paid much less than 3k. It must be taken up before car collection, otherwise they won't offer u

Assuming every 20-25k we need to change brake pad and the upgrade to plus is 2k-3k for 5 years then it's worth it isn't it cause changing outside will cost say $700+ or more?

Hi, anyone bought 216d GT from PI? 

other than warranty difference, how big is it compared to getting from PML?

Tried looking but no mgmt car from PPSL so far...

↡ Advertisement